PDA

View Full Version : what do you think of this ctl?

P.Services
12-11-2007, 08:52 PM
This seems like a great price compared to what i have been seeing them go for,low hours, good shape, hi-flow, tracks are a little worn. what do you think?

http://www.machinerytrader.com/listings/detail.aspx?OHID=6166863&GUID=0369c9f681a645c7a796a51d6b62ce00

cat2
12-11-2007, 08:59 PM
Seems good to me. looks in great shape

dozerman21
12-11-2007, 09:21 PM
That's a pretty good deal. Those machines are 50K-55K new, and you can probably get them down some too. The tracks look about right for the hours, as long as there isn't any major cuts or chunks missing. Find out if there is any warranty left. The worst thing for you is the location... Florida is a good roadie if you're in Michigan.

Fieldman12
12-11-2007, 09:56 PM
The machine looks like it is in real good shape from what I can see. I think the tracks are worn pretty good for the hours though. Im betting it has been on a hard surface a good bit at some point. I would make sure the tie down hooks on each side of the machine are intact and not bent at the back of the machine. Only weak link I have seen on the Deere 300 series.

P.Services
12-11-2007, 09:58 PM
no chunks missing in the tracks, they wont budge a dime on the price for me, they want $1200.00 to deliver it. no warranty left.

P.Services
12-11-2007, 09:59 PM
Im betting it has been on a hard surface a good bit at some point.

i agree they are worn down kinda far

Canon Landscaping
12-11-2007, 10:10 PM
Deere's hand controls suck and if it has been used on concrete or pavement a lot the cab probably rattles bad. Now with that said it looks like a good deal if the hand controls don't bother you. Deere makes a good machine and the ct332 is a beast.

P.Services
12-11-2007, 10:11 PM
i dont mind the hand controls at all, i cant stand bobcat foot controls though. i do wish they are pilots but oh well.

Dirt Digger2
12-11-2007, 10:26 PM
add $2200 for a new set of tracks and it looks like a good machine

dozerman21
12-11-2007, 10:44 PM
Deere's hand controls suck and if it has been used on concrete or pavement a lot the cab probably rattles bad. Now with that said it looks like a good deal if the hand controls don't bother you. Deere makes a good machine and the ct332 is a beast.

To each his own... I think think the Deere hand controls have a very nice feel to them. I can run mine all day and not be fatigued. Any foot controls to me suck, but I know some guys wouldn't have it any other way.

qps
12-11-2007, 11:21 PM
To each his own... I think think the Deere hand controls have a very nice feel to them. I can run mine all day and not be fatigued. Any foot controls to me suck, but I know some guys wouldn't have it any other way.

Deere's are subject to self destruct.....:laugh:..what was the total out of pocket on that one??

dozerman21
12-13-2007, 08:27 AM
Deere's are subject to self destruct.....:laugh:..what was the total out of pocket on that one??

Hose under the pumps blew the crimp off... about $150 for the hose plus about half of the fluid was lost. Installed the hose myself so it could have been worse.

Fieldman12
12-13-2007, 09:32 PM
Ouch, man I bet that was a mess to clean up Dozerman21. You know allot of people are die hard on the pilot controls. I admit I would like them but I also must say when I put down the arm rest in my Deere and move the sticks it all feels very natural and not much effort. I love those are rest. Heck Im 31 and already have high cholesterol. I need something to give me an excuse to lower it.

bobcat_ron
12-13-2007, 09:35 PM
Get a pic of the bucket at a 90 degree angle standing on flat level ground with the cutting edge almost touching the ground, if there is a twist, it'll show up when the bucket is almost touching the ground, Deere's bend and twist there loaders really fast up here.

Fieldman12
12-13-2007, 09:46 PM
Im not so sure you could get an accurate reading that the boom has twisted that way. Reason I say that is because the bucket would tend to pull away from the machine where the handles lock in the bucket on the bottom. I guess Im saying I could see some movement where the bucket attaches to the plate enough that the bucket could be cocked one way or another. I think a much more accurate way to tell would be to have the bucket parallel with the ground and then lift it about an inch and measure each side. Not to say your wrong and Im not taking up with Deere but around here Deere's are noted for a heavy boom design. We have yet to see a boom failure of any kind on a Deere. Now the old New Holland design we have seen a few but even then it was very, very, rare. I have seen some issues with the boom sway stops on the Deere's but nothing major.

cat2
12-13-2007, 10:01 PM
i agree. and some people are just stupid. and will just try to do something like that if it isn't theirs

JDSKIDSTEER
12-14-2007, 06:22 AM
Im not so sure you could get an accurate reading that the boom has twisted that way. Reason I say that is because the bucket would tend to pull away from the machine where the handles lock in the bucket on the bottom. I guess Im saying I could see some movement where the bucket attaches to the plate enough that the bucket could be cocked one way or another. I think a much more accurate way to tell would be to have the bucket parallel with the ground and then lift it about an inch and measure each side. Not to say your wrong and Im not taking up with Deere but around here Deere's are noted for a heavy boom design. We have yet to see a boom failure of any kind on a Deere. Now the old New Holland design we have seen a few but even then it was very, very, rare. I have seen some issues with the boom sway stops on the Deere's but nothing major.
Only boom failure I have seen is when a tree fell on Cannons first Ct322.

bobcat_ron
12-14-2007, 06:24 PM
I've seen and heard it, I thought it was a pin that hadn't seen grease since the factory, I told the operator to hit every fitting untill it was dripping grease, lifted the loader and squuuuuueeeeeaaaaakkkkkkkkkkk, they sent that pile of crap back to the dealer, what a waste of grease.