PDA

View Full Version : Brown Streaks In New Sod

beaglegun
12-12-2007, 12:23 PM
I installed new Ky Bluegrass sod around the edges of our local high school baseball field in Sept. Everything looked great until last month. (Nov) I started seeing brown streaks developing around the edges. I spot sprayed Round Up on some grass and weeds that were developing in the skinned areas of the infield in late Oct. These streaks look like over spray but I never saw them until a month after I sprayed. Water washes from the skinned area into the grass where these streaks are located. Do you think Round Up caused this or is it something else? Will I be able to make these areas green by April? I'm in north central Ky.

TXNSLighting
12-12-2007, 01:52 PM
probly hit it with the spray. no the grass is dead forever. im kiddin. it should come back with proper care.

AintNoFun
12-12-2007, 04:03 PM
brown streaks, i think someone forgot to wipe properly before they put the sod down..

lawnservice
12-19-2007, 03:14 PM
could be the round-up. It will work slower in cooler weather so that could explain why you didnt notice the damage for a month.

Maybe something else? Could the streaks be from a utility vehicle driving on turf? (just guessing here, could be a number of things)

If it was the round-up though, I wouldnt count on any recovery even with proper care. Unless the proper care is maybe an aeration overseed?