PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have landscape border pictures? For ideas?

THEoneandonlyLawnRanger
12-12-2007, 05:00 PM
I bought my house and the landscaping around the front of the house has wooden timbers for a border. I dont really like it and they are rotting out in some places so i would like to replace the border with something fairly inexpensive but nice looking. Any ideas or pictures of borders/edging would be greatly apprecitated.

New Heights
12-12-2007, 06:00 PM
Is the border holding anything back? If not why not hand spade the edge and just mulch.

THEoneandonlyLawnRanger
12-12-2007, 09:52 PM
Is the border holding anything back? If not why not hand spade the edge and just mulch.

Our front yard is on a very slight decline from the house to the road, the landscape timbers are mainly just holding back about 4-5 inches of mulch. All the way around the front of the house.

HBLandscaping
12-12-2007, 11:54 PM
If you can post a few pictures and Im sure someone will come up with something for you. I just did a total over haul on the front of my house. I didnt finish cus winter finaly got here the other day, But I dont have much left to add come summer. Last year I did a total over haul of the back yard, It took about 5 months but looks great. If I get time tomorrow I'll post a few pics of both.