PDA

View Full Version : Industry Statistics

PaproskiLandscaping
12-13-2007, 05:09 PM
As part of the business plan I am writing (to present to an investor) I need to provide information about the Landscaping industry as a whole. I need statistics like the total money spent last year by consumers, the average amount each consumer spends on landscaping, whether there was any growth in the industry and I would also like to get a local snapshot of these statistics as well.

Does anyone know where I can find this information?

I am also trying to compile some information on my local competitors. I have lived in my town my whole life and I know who all my competitors are (I even know some of them personally). I would definitely feel awkward about asking them for information about their business. The main thing I am trying to determine is how much my target market share will be, but first I need a ball park of what market share my main competitors have.

If anyone has recently went through the business plan process i would appreciate your help. I worked very closely with my father when he wrote the business plan for his dry cleaning company so I have a pretty good idea where i am going with this however I am at the point where i need to start adding in statistics and research.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Jay Ray
12-13-2007, 06:01 PM
Try you local librarian in the reference section. Our best library was totaled in Katrina, but they had a guy in there who could find just about anything, and if he couldn't find it, he could point you in the right direction. I know it sounds crazy but they just might help. You got to figure out who is just drawing a paycheck and who really loves what they do. Once I found out how good ole Murph was never asked anyone else.