PDA

View Full Version : KSSS: question about Case Xt Series

goatboy67
12-13-2007, 09:52 PM
I bought a 60XT a little over a year ago and have always been frustrated about having to throw up the safety bar as a parking brake. Were you able to actuate the parking brake any other way on your XT series?

My right joystick has: turn signals(not equipped), horn, ride control. The left stick has a few buttons but they are a mystery.

Thanks,
Dante

NateV
12-13-2007, 10:37 PM
We have a 60 Xt and our machine has a red button on the left control that activates it. Im pretty sure its red anyway, i just cant picture it clearly without sitting in the machine. I will double check tomorrow to see for sure.

ksss
12-14-2007, 04:16 AM
That red button was an option. Some machines were not ordered with it. I would guess that it could be field installed if you have the deluxe handles which it sounds like you do. I would call and talk to your CASE service department as I don't know the particulars of that process. My XT machines I ordered with the brake on the handles. There is a landscape company here that has a 70XT they ordered new and they did not check that box either and are also fustrated with the lack of a push button brake.

The two speed button and the brake were on the same handle on the 90 and 95 machines which was not a great idea. If you pushed the brake button instead of the two speed button things came to a halt mighty quick. You would not have that issue as the 60XT is not two speed equipped.

NateV
12-14-2007, 07:07 PM
I looked today and my left one only has the red button for the brake. My right one has the horn, ride control, and some kind of switch, kinda like a rocker switch that im not sure what it does. That button is the top button on my control and it goes horizontal.

goatboy67
12-14-2007, 07:16 PM
So that explains it...I do have the deluxe left control but no brake. I think I will talk to someone and get a wiring diagram and make it happen.

Thanks,
Dante