PDA

View Full Version : OK NPR guys... landscape bed or box?

DavisLawn
12-13-2007, 09:37 PM
i've had mine for about 3 years and its got a landscape bed on it.... before i bought it i had in mind of going with a box.... and now after being out in the weather some ..(as i dont have a garage to put mine in) im considering buying another one ... this time with a box. Keeps the equipment dry.... u have a workshop on wheels pretty much... u can lock it up at night... which i cant now ..... although i hear the box trucks are aggrevating to see around ... back up etc..... Not sure if i wanna trade in my old one or just keep it to haul mulch, brush etc. out of... i hate to pay for insurance just for that... but might.

So which do you guys prefer and why? I need some good advice and opinions to help me make a tough decision. Thanks in advance.

DavisLawn
12-15-2007, 11:10 PM
NOBODY has any imput on this????????? Thanks for all the help guys. :rolleyes:

Tadams
12-15-2007, 11:38 PM
I've had an NPR with a box on it for about a year and I wouldn't have anything else. There are some pros and cons to the box truck but for me it was a no brainer.

Pros:
Rolling billboard, dry equipment, keep lots of tools on truck, don't have to worry about theft, more professional looking to public (that's the way it is around here), don't have to hook and unhook trailer, don't have to worry about keeping grass out of personal vehicle, you can park anywhere, no more backing trailers, you can turn around anywhere, no more wiring issues with trailer, don't have to take wide turns, don't have to worry about plants getting wind burn

Cons:
Not the best gas mileage, rough ride, have to watch out for low limbs, can't drive through an atm or fast food drive-in, more vehicle insurance, more vehicle maintenance, underpowered compared to some, can't haul pallets of product, can't haul bulk mulch, ramp drags on steep driveways

I may have skewed of from the original topic- started giving pros and cons of cab-overs in general. Sorry. But you can still see the differences.:dizzy:

I am sure a lot of other people will chime in with their views of cab-overs.