PDA

View Full Version : how do you like my logo design?

bigw
12-14-2007, 02:52 AM
not finished with business card yet,still working it out but this is my logo for my enclosed 8x16 trailer and f250 truck both in black.http://http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=95144&stc=1&d=1197614959

DaveinSWFL
12-14-2007, 08:50 AM
I like it. I probably would get rid of the address if this is your residence, not an office. There are alot of crazy folks out there. Don't know if I would want them to know where I lived.

tknoel
12-14-2007, 10:45 AM
Maybe add License & Insured especially with Fert.

VO Landscape Design
12-14-2007, 03:41 PM
I like it. Will people think you actually use that type of mower? Some company's do. Maybe transition from the old style handle down to a new mower.
VO

bigw
12-14-2007, 03:53 PM
I thought about that but i dont think it will be looked at in that way,it goes with my concept and my motto of old time work ethics and values,i think people now a days are pretty smart and will know im probably not going to be cutting their lawns with one of those."Vintage" meaning a certain era of time and my concept/ logo is trying to bring out "the good old days theme when your word was your bond and a hand shake was suffiecint"...just an approach thats all!!!

newz7151
12-14-2007, 04:48 PM
your word was your bond and a hand shake was suffiecint"...just an approach thats all!!!

Make sure it's just an approach, or you'll find yourself in court all the time trying to prove that somebody owes you money for work you did and they say you didn't.. and all you have is their word and germs on your hand.

bigw
12-14-2007, 04:51 PM
Lmao I Am Not That Stupid,i Have Legal Contracts ...its A Concept!!

Sweet Tater
12-14-2007, 05:29 PM
looks sweet. I think thats a nice touch and very classy look

N.H.BOY
12-14-2007, 08:04 PM
Looks nice, but I also would drop my address and get a P.O. box in your town. IMO

Surfdunn
12-14-2007, 10:07 PM
watch the snow removal part. If you actually have tractors to remove the snow then its fine, but if your just plowing the snow i would change it. Its just one way people can try to get over on ya and you could be left with a lawsuit. Might want to include your pesticide/fert. license # at the bottom seeing that your advertise it. But thats just my opinion.

roguesuerte
12-14-2007, 10:28 PM
I like it but I would be concerned about alot of poeple calling you about push-mowing services. You may consider something along the lines of Vintage Advantage and "sell it" as old school values/ethics combined with modern tech. I like the logo and format, also, but would leave out your adress. Just my opinion.

PaproskiLandscaping
12-14-2007, 10:37 PM
I have always been told to just put "license numbers available upon request". I have heard of guys using other peoples license numbers that they have copied off of a truck or advertisement. How many customers actually check with the state to verify a license existence or status (sometimes I wish more did)? Not sure what the law says where you are but the way I understand CT is that you only have to give it out to people you actually give a quote to. I would never give my license number out over the phone, only in person.

and before I hear from the devils advocate, if someone wants to run a scam and use a fake license number or steal yours, they will figure out how to do it...

Your graphic does look professional though. I recently saw a poll that the number one motivating factor in a consumers choice of a landscaper is customer service so you are definitely on the right track with offering old fashioned service. Now here is me being the devil's advocate for you (because lets face it that is one thing this site is good for): Do you think that some potential customers will get the impression from your advertising that you are behind the times? or that you have been doing things the same way for the last 20 years? As good as old fashioned service is I think there is a lot of value in being on the cutting edge.... just my two cents...

bigw
12-14-2007, 10:44 PM
http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=95198&stc=1&d=1197686561

bigw
12-14-2007, 10:54 PM
OK 1- i dont have my fert license yet but will be subbing that out to my neighbor until i get it this yr,i want to include it now while my graphics are being done on my trailer and cards so i dont have to add it later,2- the first card was just a draft so the address came off,3-ill take my chances with my logo and concept as far as people thinking im behind in the times,i think someone behind in the times would have a 1976 f150 and a magnet slapped on the side of his truck for advertisng.4-The name is already done and DBA and website with .com to follow so thats not changing.5-will be working out of home until i get a shop so ill wait on the po box for now.6-Thanks for all the compliments ive worked hrs upon hrs on the name and logo/concept...hope it works!!

PlatinumLandCon
12-14-2007, 11:43 PM
What's "General lawn care"? It doesn't seem to fit or flow with the card. I would put something like "Full-Service Lawn Care". I like your old-timer ethics though!

bigw
12-15-2007, 12:28 AM
General lawn care is simply just that "General"....# Not limited in scope, area, or application: as a general rule.
# Not limited to or dealing with one class of things; diversified:Covering a wide scope: all-around, extensive, far-ranging,Not limited to a single class: now that I've explained "GENERAL" and its meaning can you see how it fits in General Lawn Care? see I'm not trying to get in over my head with sayings like "full service" or all phase's or landscape or hardscape because i just don't have that experience yet and am not going to pretend too either,id much rather give great service in a general lawn service way then pretend to be able to do things i cant yet. Their are plenty of customers out their that just want a "General type of service" and thats what ill be providing them for now.Hey call me stupid but Ive been in sales for along time and trust me not everyone wants "full service" they also want things kept simple and cost affordable...their is a big market for my thought process,Ive done my homework.See im being realistic and not going into this thinking I'm going to be the best "full service LCO out their"until i learn I'm willing to keep it simple!!

Grits
12-15-2007, 01:33 AM
I think it is great....the logo, the concept, all of it. But you seem to be getting a little defensive about some of the comments that were made. Remember, YOU posted your logo to get people's opinions, comments and suggestions. When you throw something out for public opinions, you have to realize you might not like what you hear. Everyone is just making suggestions, trying to help you. Learn to accept constructive criticism. Besides, what do these guys know? lol j/k!!!! Good luck with your business and welcome to Lawnsite, where most members have your best interest in mind.

bigw
12-15-2007, 01:47 AM
not trying to get defensive at all,just trying to explain my reasoning,sometimes it seems like no matter what you do or say someone always has to find the negative,i just wish once in awhile someone would say...it looks good and leave it at that, without the BUTTS! I realize when you put something out their not everyone is going to be nice but it sure would be nice to read an entire thread with out someone getting a dig in.

Surfdunn
12-15-2007, 02:03 AM
I understand what your trying to say. From the looks of your final design, it looks really good. I see that you changed the snow removal thing, smart idea, I made the mistake of saying snow removal and it came back to bite me in the rear.

PlatinumLandCon
12-15-2007, 09:02 AM
not trying to get defensive at all,just trying to explain my reasoning,sometimes it seems like no matter what you do or say someone always has to find the negative,i just wish once in awhile someone would say...it looks good and leave it at that, without the BUTTS! I realize when you put something out their not everyone is going to be nice but it sure would be nice to read an entire thread with out someone getting a dig in.

Well you asked for suggestions and I was wondering what you meant by "General", thats all. If people said "I like it" and that's it, your logo wouldn't reach its full potential because of little things you may have overlooked being a new guy (no offence intended whatsoever). We're all here to help eachother. Granted, there are some dickheads here but thats unavoidable.

bigw
12-15-2007, 10:33 AM
I appreciate all the feed back and tips and hope to someday get my company as established as alot of yours are. :weightlifter:

newz7151
12-15-2007, 01:05 PM
I appreciate all the feed back and tips and hope to someday get my company as established as alot of yours are. :weightlifter:

I'd make sure you fix your slogan "Service the way it USED to be"

Clear-Cut
12-15-2007, 02:51 PM
i think it looks awesome...and imho only a ****** is going to think that you will actually cut their grass with an old style mower like that....

that is perfect!

i guarantee you will get tons of seniors and these people are my best customers...always pay right away!

EDIT:
and i agree..take the address out if it is your home address...i would leave the town and state though on there though just so people know where you are based out of

Clear-Cut
12-15-2007, 02:55 PM
hey BigW

if you are interested in a website you might want to check this out
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/officelive/FX101465131033.aspx?xid=CDBD3DE7-630E-477D-8B20-FE6BB97DB13D

you get a free .com website and a free email account to go along with it (yourname@yourwebsite.com)

its completely free and easy to set up...you are limited to what you can do, but you can put all of your basic info in there. and here is my site which is still "under construction"
www.clearcutlandscape.com

bigw
12-15-2007, 10:46 PM
ok now i am confused:confused:is it "used" or use?????

newz7151
12-16-2007, 01:25 AM
ok now i am confused:confused:is it "used" or use?????

It's "Used"

use (yōōz) Pronunciation Key
v. used, us∑ing, us∑es

v. intr. (yōōs, yōōst)
Used in the past tense followed by to in order to indicate a former state, habitual practice, or custom: Mail service used to be faster.

12-16-2007, 02:38 AM
hey BigW

if you are interested in a website you might want to check this out
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/officelive/FX101465131033.aspx?xid=CDBD3DE7-630E-477D-8B20-FE6BB97DB13D

you get a free .com website and a free email account to go along with it (yourname@yourwebsite.com)

its completely free and easy to set up...you are limited to what you can do, but you can put all of your basic info in there. and here is my site which is still "under construction"
www.clearcutlandscape.com

Thanks for that info!

Oh and BigW--- I like your logo. Sweet suit action you got going there!