PDA

View Full Version : Pine needles.

Skeelow
12-14-2007, 09:36 AM
How can you remove these from mulch without manually picking up everyone by hand? My Echo backpack blower is too much power. I have a pinetree that is going to be cut down soon. There are needles all stuck in the mulch.

Would one of these residential small handheld vacs that you can get from Lowes for about $30- $70 work? Would it pick up the needles and not try to suck up the mulch? Anybody have experience with these? Thanks for any help. Not looking for anything expensive just something that would work for just this.

Sweet Tater
12-14-2007, 05:40 PM
I've got no suggestions, but I can sypathise with you. I hate pine needles.

willjones4
12-14-2007, 09:24 PM
Mulch over them?

DuraCutter
12-15-2007, 11:20 PM
How can you remove these from mulch without manually picking up everyone by hand? My Echo backpack blower is too much power. I have a pinetree that is going to be cut down soon. There are needles all stuck in the mulch.

Would one of these residential small handheld vacs that you can get from Lowes for about $30- $70 work? Would it pick up the needles and not try to suck up the mulch? Anybody have experience with these? Thanks for any help. Not looking for anything expensive just something that would work for just this.

Throw the mulch away, or bury it with new mulch...

Any other questions??

Oh, don't forget to charge the customer, you're not a charity and you need the money to stay in business... remember that!!

:)

topsites
12-16-2007, 12:59 AM
Yeah that's what I do, leave them be and light mulch over top.

cutemhigh
12-16-2007, 11:06 AM
you can say, "some people actually prefer natural pine needles to mulch."*trucewhiteflag*

Az Gardener
12-16-2007, 11:27 AM
The vac's wont pick them up. Try a rake, you have to have the touch though. If they are thick enough you can just roll them up like a carpet, they get kinda weaved together somehow. We have on account we do that about every other month on. You want real grief just try and get them out of a Sago palm or a cactus :cry:. Just consider that pine job security.

Skeelow
12-16-2007, 06:32 PM
Thanks for the advice. I might try the rake method and if no luck just go with another layer of mulch over it.

Its not for a customer. I wouldn't do that unless they really wanted to pay a lot for it. It's for a house my mom owns, but is letting my wife and I live at rent free till we build. Trying to improve the landscaping on it especailly if she decides to sell it later on. But I see we are gonna have to kill this tree first.