PDA

View Full Version : Toro snowblower ccr2000 suzuki engine

dennes1
12-14-2007, 11:54 AM
I have a snowblower and am not getting any spark. I checked the on off switch and it is good. Replaced spark plug, still bad, I'm not even getting spark on the wire going to the plug.

There are two other parts the coil and this 1.5" X 1" brass colored box called a magneto module.

How can I test either of these two parts to find which one is bad

pugs
12-14-2007, 12:33 PM
I have a snowblower and am not getting any spark. I checked the on off switch and it is good. Replaced spark plug, still bad, I'm not even getting spark on the wire going to the plug.

There are two other parts the coil and this 1.5" X 1" brass colored box called a magneto module.

How can I test either of these two parts to find which one is bad

According to a Toro dealer I talked to there is no test. And the modules themselves are absurdle expensive. I decided to try wasting 15 bucks or whatever on a Stens/Oregon Megafire or whatever they call it trigger coil. This will replace the small module on the outside...the easy one to get to. I hooked it up and used it last winter and have used it once this winter so far. Works great.

I am guessing its more likely that this one fails. You could check the resistances on the main coil...if it is open then it would be bad. But I dont think there is any test at all for the smaller trigger module or igniter or whatever you want to call it.

dennes1
12-14-2007, 04:15 PM
Pugs, thanks for the update I ordered one of the mega fire thingies and am going to give that a shot first.

Yeah toro wants $111 for the small magneto box and $120 for the coil.

dennes1
12-21-2007, 07:36 PM
I replaced electronic/magneto box/ignition module with a generic Stens Mega Fire II. I know have spark at the plug, I didn't't before.

I gapped the plug and put it in. I now start the engine (using 100% gas to test)

It starts a little then misfires and sometimes backfires. It doesn't stay running.

The paperwork for the Mega Fire says it may not work with more than one magnet in the flywheel, (I have three).

Do you think I might need the Toro OEM magneto module for timing purpose.
Could it be because the 100% gas?

The resistance/ohm check for the coil was 1.1 ohms from one coil to gnd then 11K ohms to the plug wire. I think the coil good as the original problem was no spark and now I have spark after the module change.

dennes1
12-23-2007, 06:52 PM
FIXED!!!!!!!I had to scrape some paint to get a good ground and reverse the wires on the "universal" ignitor (Mega Fire II) $15.00 vs. $110.00 OEM

Blowin snow, thanks Pugs