PDA

View Full Version : quick question for bobcat owners??

P.Services
12-14-2007, 12:44 PM
what is the diffrence between K,HF,G machines??

SiteSolutions
12-14-2007, 03:58 PM
G and K are series; that is, the G series is the last major series of machines, and the K is the current series for the last couple years.

HF should be "High Flow"

Tigerotor77W
12-14-2007, 05:23 PM
K-series came out last year with SmartFan, a hydraulic, variable-speed cooling fan, more lift height on the large frame vertical-lift machines (S250, S300, S330), and bigger drive chains (#120 instead of #100).

P.Services
12-14-2007, 05:38 PM
so what machine has the sjc controls? do they all have it as a option? im trying to look on machinerytrader.com for a machine with sjc but its hard to know if they dont list it.

SiteSolutions
12-15-2007, 09:35 AM
You can get sjc as an option on most of the machines they make now. Its been out for a couple years; you can probably get more precise info from bobcat.com

Of course, if you are looking at a specific used machine, just ask the seller if it has sjc. That's the easiest way to find out, I would guess. I don't think there are a lot of used ones out for sale with it right now, so if it doesn't mention sjc in the ad, it probably doesn't have it.

ksss
12-15-2007, 01:01 PM
If you see one advertise that says "pilots" it is likely SJC. Now it is not pilot as you probably know but for some reason the misnoemer has stuck.

Scag48
12-15-2007, 03:45 PM
I'd actually call up Bobcat and harass them for advertising this control system as "pilot" controls, that simply is not true.

P.Services
12-15-2007, 08:09 PM
so i have had my heart set on a ct332. until i really sat down and asked myself why i need the biggest strongest machine. i really only need that power 10% of the time when i need to hug some serious dirt or more importantly to lift big big boulders, big b&b trees, and heavy pallets. the rest of the time a small machine would work just fine. so what should i do hold out and drop 35k-40k on a ct332 (500hr or less) get a older ct332 for 25K (1800hr) or should i just get a used (1500hr-2000hr) t190 for around 15k to be cheap. now the catch is i really need a mini excavator also to be productive and do the work right. so if i were to get a cheap use t190 i could also afford to buy a used 430zhs excavator. the package i really want is the ct332 and a 50zts but where talkin 80 grand on that so at best i would get the skid but have to wait at least two or three years to get the exc. once i have payed the loan down a bit.one last thing, im tired of working on equipment so a low hr 332 would be nice because i know it will run and run without any major repairs yet i might get into some problems with a 2000hr t190. to buy a low hr t190 just wont do it because i dont save enough over a ct332 to justify it.
let me hear what you guys think on this matter. thanks for the wisdom!!

bobcat_ron
12-15-2007, 08:24 PM
Get the T190 and a mini excavator, you hit the nail on the head with the Deere and only needing that power 10% of the time, I thought that same way too and ended up with a very smooth, quiet and reliable Cat 247 and I won't regret it.

A Deere/Hitachi excavator will work and walk circles around any Bobcat excavator, I know, I run an EX 27 and everyone who ran it says they like it better than Bobcat.

ksss
12-15-2007, 08:41 PM
Any dedicated tracked machine with higher hours would cause me some concern. It is not only what you can see (undercarriage wear) but also the drive motors.

I would try and work a deal that would get you a mini ex and a skid steer/CTL. If you need a mini ex there is no sense in waiting three years to get one.

If you like Deere skid steers you may try to find a 320 or 325 used then put a VTS system on it. This would allow you to update the machine and keep the VTS. The Deere machines don't resale real well and you might be able to capitalize on that. In Sept a Deere 328 with 684 hours with cab and heat sold for 18K on Iron Planet. Find a deal like that and even if you paid full retail on the VTS you are still ahead. That would save you enough money to find a good used mini. I would likely by pass the BC mini but that is my opinion.

Regardless I would problably try and get two used machines rather than one new one and wait three years for the next piece of equipment.

allinearth
12-15-2007, 09:04 PM
Get both machines used or whatever you have to do. Once you have the mini ex you will wonder how you did without it. You will be able to do more types of jobs efficiently. And get a thumb on the mini ex.

P.Services
12-15-2007, 09:05 PM
thanks for the extra info. i ran a 430zhs and liked it a lot but i have never run any other small excavators just pc200's and bigger so i dont really have anything to compare it to. why do you guys not like the bc's? built cheap, low power,?

P.Services
12-15-2007, 09:07 PM
Get both machines used or whatever you have to do. Once you have the mini ex you will wonder how you did without it. You will be able to do more types of jobs efficiently. And get a thumb on the mini ex.

yes i cant live without a thumb on them!!!

Construct'O
12-15-2007, 09:08 PM
Any dedicated tracked machine with higher hours would cause me some concern. It is not only what you can see (undercarriage wear) but also the drive motors.

I would try and work a deal that would get you a mini ex and a skid steer/CTL. If you need a mini ex there is no sense in waiting three years to get one.

If you like Deere skid steers you may try to find a 320 or 325 used then put a VTS system on it. This would allow you to update the machine and keep the VTS. The Deere machines don't resale real well and you might be able to capitalize on that. In Sept a Deere 328 with 684 hours with cab and heat sold for 18K on Iron Planet. Find a deal like that and even if you paid full retail on the VTS you are still ahead. That would save you enough money to find a good used mini. I would likely by pass the BC mini but that is my opinion.

Regardless I would problably try and get two used machines rather than one new one and wait three years for the next piece of equipment.

While we are discussing vts systems along with the other machines on this thread and the other.

I would like to know is there difference size vts system for small to the biggest skid????? Seems like they would need to be beefed up for the bigger machine or is it one fit all?

Do they have different sprocket ratio.I haven't really had any of your guys discuss this much.

They are heavy and built rugged looking by there pictures,so do they over build to serve all sizes.Kind of wondering.

If that is the case smaller skid really don't need the extra weight to carry or haul around.Those the reason on smaller skid people complain about their machine being under powered.Right?

No one has really gone over the cost of sprockets,belt,rollers and idles,or other things that might break or wear out and there cost.Anyone got some of those answers or costs?

Unless your really needing or wanting to go head over heal in debt i would say try getting low hour late model machine if possible.It depend on the machine your think you will be using the most to spent the most on sounds like.

Buy one or the other and rent the other until you get money enough to get the other machine.Good luck.:usflag:

allinearth
12-15-2007, 09:29 PM
Good questions. I do not have those answers except I know that the vts is adjustable to fit different machines but sometimes new rubber has to be bought if you switch. System seems pretty simple. Don't know what individual parts cost but looks simple to chandge most of them. I have noticed some used vts on ebay lately. Could be possible to buy used vts and buy a used skid steer for less money and possibly have more options. It would take more homework though.

ksss
12-15-2007, 10:11 PM
There was a 242 CAT 2004 with 900 hours sold for 16500 on Iron Planet with VTS system. I have seen quite a few machines of all makes go through with the VTS system. They seldom bring much more money.

ksss
12-15-2007, 10:19 PM
I know how important the mini ex is to my operation and I have to have a skid steer. Two years ago I went through every job I did that year and figured that my mini ex brought in or helped bring in 275K in gross money. Thats not a bad return on a 58K excavator. Thats why my suggestion is if you think you need one your probably right. The two machines work great in tandem together. You could find both machines for 40K, you might not be able to be picky on makes but you would have both machines.

P.Services
12-16-2007, 12:16 AM
i made a list of every job i have ever done and went through and marked down what job would have benefit the most from what machine. it seemed like 95% of the jobs would have been done so much faster and easier if both machines would have been present. the other 5% could have only needed a skid steer. i think i would end up moving much faster and turning out more work with less struggle with both. even if i do end up getting a bobcat excavator it beats shoveling for days on end.

Fordsuvparts
12-16-2007, 01:00 AM
Picasso, I have a 2005 or 2006 can't remember, bobcat 430 zhs, with 600 hours and a thumb that we are getting ready to trade-in very soon you should pm me for details, I would be willing to make some one a fair deal on a low hour machine. We are going to up grade to a larger machine with a cab. We bought the 430ZHS and a T190 gold Package as a combo deal, we have been happy with them so far.

Fieldman12
12-16-2007, 06:12 AM
The Deere machines at this time like ksss, said can be had at a real good price. I think in a few more years you will not pick up newer Deere machines for less than any other brand. If I was you and could swing it I would get the two machines. Granted you do need the work for both and only you know your financial situation. I have noticed with Iron Planet most stuff is cheaper priced than at a dealer or even private individual. I also think in some cases they are cheaper than a normal auction you go too. Reason why as I think most people including me are not willing to shell out allot of money for something I have never personally inspected, used, or even seen in person. Pictures often lie or that is the case with most things I have looked at. I believe this is the case why most stuff is cheap on there. I don't really put much stock in a company doing the inspection for me. I often find things wrong they fail to miss because i am very particular about equipment.

bishoplandscape
12-19-2007, 12:07 AM
Just hire me to do the skid work woud be twice as fast and you dont have all the payments.

JDSKIDSTEER
12-19-2007, 04:46 AM
so i have had my heart set on a ct332. until i really sat down and asked myself why i need the biggest strongest machine. i really only need that power 10% of the time when i need to hug some serious dirt or more importantly to lift big big boulders, big b&b trees, and heavy pallets. the rest of the time a small machine would work just fine. so what should i do hold out and drop 35k-40k on a ct332 (500hr or less) get a older ct332 for 25K (1800hr) or should i just get a used (1500hr-2000hr) t190 for around 15k to be cheap. now the catch is i really need a mini excavator also to be productive and do the work right. so if i were to get a cheap use t190 i could also afford to buy a used 430zhs excavator. the package i really want is the ct332 and a 50zts but where talkin 80 grand on that so at best i would get the skid but have to wait at least two or three years to get the exc. once i have payed the loan down a bit.one last thing, im tired of working on equipment so a low hr 332 would be nice because i know it will run and run without any major repairs yet i might get into some problems with a 2000hr t190. to buy a low hr t190 just wont do it because i dont save enough over a ct332 to justify it.
let me hear what you guys think on this matter. thanks for the wisdom!!CT322 will do 90% of hat you want to do. My faverite machine for the money.

Scag48
12-19-2007, 05:31 AM
In this business, you can rarely have your cake and eat it too. I can tell you that I can do a hell of a lot of work with a mini and a skid, I'd rather have two used machines than one that's brand new. What I'd do is get a used wheeled machine for $20K and a mini ex. You're spreading your risk this way in the sense that you can handle a much larger target market with two machines for almost the same initial cost as a brand new CT332. Having a skid steer and a mini excavator more than doubles your versatility, if you ask me.

In spring of '05, I ran a sales pitch on my old man for a mini excavator. He paid cash for our 216, he was very leary of adding debt to a relatively new business (we were only 2 years in at that point). If you asked him now where he'd be without his 303CR, he'd probably tell you jobs wouldn't be able to get completed or they would be much less profitable when compared to using a machine vs. hand labor. While his business operates smoothly with both, he really couldn't be without one or the other. The excavator definately gets used more than the skid steer. The 303 has almost 700 hours on it and the 216 is 2 years older and is at 500 hours I believe. The skid steer and mini ex. combo is incredibly valuable for a landscaper such as my dad.

My dad's situation is a little different compared to contract job guys with the same equipment. He leaves the equipment on one site until the job is done, not much bouncing around goes on, and he may only use the machines for 10-15 hours a week. But, the 10 hours a week the machine is used definately makes up for itself in the end.

If I was going to start out in compact excavation, not landscaping, I'd have both, there really isn't any job you can't do with the combo. One day you're digging utility trenches, installing retaining walls, or digging foundations and footers with the mini, couple days later you're backfilling the around the foundation with the skid steer and finish grading the driveway sub-base. The duo is very versatile, much like having a mini excavator to accompany a 12 ton machine, I've found that combo pretty lethal as well. A lot of guys back home where my dad operates have only 12 ton excavators, no minis. You can waste a lot of time overdigging a small trench because you don't have a bucket small enough for your 120 or you simply can't get into a tough spot on the site with a bigger machine. There is no one machine that does everything well, but pairs of machines work best.