PDA

View Full Version : backup camera on trailer

koppandson
12-15-2007, 03:54 AM
anyone ever think about putting one on the back of your trailer?

Mimowerman
12-15-2007, 05:25 PM
just purchased one yesterday, $80 and it says it has a 25 ft remote range , trailer is 20 ft, plus truck, its gonna be a little close! if it dosn't work on my enclosed , I think i'll mount it to the truck to use as a hitch up device.

Patatoe1
12-15-2007, 05:30 PM
Let us know how it works out.

South Florida Lawns
12-17-2007, 08:22 PM
Or you could save money and just learn how to back a trailer!

TXNSLighting
12-17-2007, 09:15 PM
amen! i was about to ask why?! i can see it on the back of the truck...but trailer. come on.

Mimowerman
12-17-2007, 11:07 PM
Or you could save money and just learn how to back a trailer!

amen! i was about to ask why?! i can see it on the back of the truck...but trailer. come on.

I can see why you are asking this but I can assure you I know how to back up a trailer , however , why do garbage trucks, semi's ,ups, fed-x, fire trucks ambo, etc... have back up camaras? because it is impossible to see directly behind the trailer when it is as large as mine( 8x20 enclosed) or the previous examples, even with extended mirrors.:hammerhead: I operate in heavily populated areas , and to me the cost vs. risk of hitting a small child is by far worth it. I 'm not gonna mount it till spring , but when I do I'll be sure to post the results. :usflag:

steve45
12-17-2007, 11:39 PM
I just put a wireless camera on my Suburban. It gives a pretty good picture in daylight, marginal at night with the backup lights on. The biggest drawback is that the picture flickers a lot. Interference from cell phones, and who knows what else. I'm going to hardwire it. I really wouldn't recommend the wireless model.

Exact Rototilling
02-07-2008, 11:32 PM
I remembered this thread from B4 X-mass. Costco Wholesale has a wireless $80 back up camera and I was wondering how these really work. I would be using it on a 6 x 12 enclosed. Yes I'm a pro driver and backing up is my specialty. I view this as a fail safe. Pro or Not If you happen to back into something you'd end up kicking yourself for not having it. Cheap insurance IMO.

Any feed back on these? Anyhow Costco has that bullet proof return policy. Don't like the color return it.

Marek
02-08-2008, 09:16 AM
I have one on my motorhome. During the day I dont use it but at night it really comes in handy. I can also use it going down the road to check the trailer in tow.