PDA

View Full Version : Im new to this site and buisness can someone help

ALLPro Landscaping
12-16-2007, 03:18 AM
Hey guys Im new to this buisness and I would love to make it. Their are alot of compatitors in my area. I have no idea on how to bid out jobs and whats the best Idea for advertising. I wish their was someone I could talk to I have so many questions.

topsites
12-16-2007, 03:38 PM
I'm afraid you just have to do it the hard way.
Spend your time here and just READ, READ, READ.

Only way you'll find the info, unfortunately, but it's here, all of it and then some, more than you'd ever want, guaranteed.
That's the next best thing you'll get to someone holding your hand walk you through this, something few will do for free, and those who will ain't worth the time.

So just do that until you're satisfied, heck you can probably read here for years and not know it all lol.

DLAWNS
12-16-2007, 04:11 PM
Use the search option and when you run into questions or problems just ask questions. Just about everyone on here is very willing to help. Don't be afraid to ask.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
12-16-2007, 05:36 PM
These vets are right - spend a lot of time on here reading and learning, especially from some of the people who do business near your area. Do the learning now, in the off season. Grab a notebook and spend some time making a business plan - starting with a purpose for wanting to get in the business and goals that you would like to achieve for your first year. Make the goals general and achievable (# of lawn contracts, gross receipts, or other). Then you can get into the details, a lot of which are covered on this site.

My first year, I had one commercial and one residential acct and odd single cuts and tree and shrub trimming business. Tried like crazy to get more business, but the plain fact is word of mouth is where its at. You have to be dedicated to more than just a one year flash-in-the-pan effort. If you do good work, I have to think you will stick and stay.

Turf Commando
12-16-2007, 06:11 PM
something few will do for free, and those who will ain't worth the time.

You mean we guys have to pay for advice ''O'' great...!!!..lmao

Seriously, best way to understand the (GREEN) is to work with a small lawn service. I did long of enough to see how they operate ...
Didn't learn everything, but enough to figure out, I could do the same exact thing only better...TC

ALLPro Landscaping
12-17-2007, 04:36 AM
Thanks what do you think of this plan. I am trying very hard to get in to the pennysaver in my area im hearing alot of success from that. Once I get going I would like to hire some one to jump aboard with me that is knoligable in this field. I started this buisness with very little knowledge and for the past 2 years I have been doing it on the side not leagal or anything now im leagal and incoperated and want to succeed and learn everything I can. And if you guys have any info for me I would really apreciate it and yeh this site is amazing.

Turf Commando
12-17-2007, 10:17 PM
Once I get going I would like to hire some one to jump aboard with me that is knoligable in this field.

Let me get this right you want to hire someone who knows more about lawn service then you...?
If so, then he would be the boss, since he has more knowledge than you...!
I'm not the best person to give advice, but I can tell you this, it takes more than a mower and business License to be a lawn service...

ALLPro Landscaping
12-19-2007, 01:52 AM
I figured if i can get someone who knows more about thing that i dont know then we can work together and I can learn more about the things he knows, Basicly I get out their and work but also learning under the cover

DaveinSWFL
12-19-2007, 07:53 AM
I am new to the business as well and have a guy on with 3 years lawn experience and he has helped me not make some of the mistakes that I might have made as a solo. There will be some who will say thats a mistake he might take your accounts,etc.. This business is competitive and risky. I have learned alot this past year and he has shared his knowledge of the trade. Some times you just have to roll the dice and pray for the best.