PDA

View Full Version : New door speakers

South Florida Lawns
12-17-2007, 08:28 PM
Time to upgrade the sound system in my work truck. Although my stock speakers sounded pretty good, I figured since I'm on the road so much these days I'll treat my ears to some better sound quality!

South Florida Lawns
12-17-2007, 08:30 PM
So I went with some Alpine type S's. like the 6x9's pictured.

South Florida Lawns
12-17-2007, 08:37 PM
The finished result you can bearly see a difference (which I like) but wait till you hear them. Total install time took about 45 min.

TXNSLighting
12-17-2007, 09:20 PM
i bet they sound alot better. i did this in one of my trucks. 3 sets of speakers later, i finally got the right ones. and they sounded quite nice!

FearThisDeere
12-17-2007, 10:08 PM
I might want to do that to my Dakota. Do you mind how much they cost?

TXNSLighting
12-17-2007, 10:14 PM
their pretty cheap, mine were like 40-60. its been a while so i dont remember exactly. wait, maybe like a 100...danget. my memory is not as good as it used to be...

SiteSolutions
12-17-2007, 11:01 PM
So I went with some Alpine type S's. like the 6x9's pictured.

That's not a 6 x 9
It's a 6.5

Denham Lawnboy
12-17-2007, 11:51 PM
I have Memphis 6x9s and 6.5s. Ran $250 installed.

ProTouch Groundscapes
12-18-2007, 12:48 AM
looking good! nothing beats a clean custom install that looks oem
i made custom mounts so i could install 6x9's in my front doors of the chevy. had to cut some of the metal to make room for the larger magnets. and i have custom 4x6's in the rear doors. with an alpine head unit.

FearThisDeere
12-18-2007, 11:25 AM
Thanks for the prices. Seems to be a good price for better sound. It'd be worth it for me.

Accu-cut Lawn Care
12-18-2007, 12:22 PM
I'm an ex-audio installer. I can tell you from experience that upgrading speakers alone will not greatly improve sound quality. OEM head units do not have enough power to drive aftermarket speakers.

GravelyGuy
12-18-2007, 01:53 PM
I'm an ex-audio installer. I can tell you from experience that upgrading speakers alone will not greatly improve sound quality. OEM head units do not have enough power to drive aftermarket speakers.

I would have to disagree, I don't know the tech. specs, but when I upgraded the speakers only in my S10 there was a huge difference. Could be because one of them was blown LOL. No the Kenwoods sounded much cleaner.

coastallawns
12-18-2007, 05:18 PM
i have a memphis system with 2 10" M1 under the back seat and all M class door speakers and 400 and 1000 watts memphis amps. and a kenwood head unit

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES
12-18-2007, 05:36 PM
Another Great Lawnsite Thread. Hey Why Don't We Change The Name Of This Website To "www.lookwhatigot.com

FearThisDeere
12-18-2007, 08:16 PM
I think it is a great upgrade for people who are on the road a lot. That would concern most of us on here. It's the off season... let him post what he wants. You don't have to read it if you don't want to.:waving:

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES
12-18-2007, 10:52 PM
That is the problem though, there are forums out there for stuff like that. when i log onto www.lawnsite.com i want to read things about the green industry. I run my company like a business and want to learn to grow my business, not how to look cool by posting all the toys i have or all the equipment photos i can gather. You start requiring people to post their tax id and age, and i bet you would axe half the people on this site and the quality of post will increase. but hey, who cares about business, lets talk speakers.

FearThisDeere
12-19-2007, 11:35 AM
It just really doesn't bother me, but I see your side SouthernGreenScapes.

DoetschOutdoor
12-19-2007, 11:59 AM
Who the f cares. You just wasted more time typing that out. How hard is it to really just glance at the title and not click it. Its like a $100 upgrade and I bet he really could care less about "flaunting" his new speakers.

South Florida Lawns
12-20-2007, 09:15 PM
That is the problem though, there are forums out there for stuff like that. when i log onto www.lawnsite.com i want to read things about the green industry. I run my company like a business and want to learn to grow my business, not how to look cool by posting all the toys i have or all the equipment photos i can gather. You start requiring people to post their tax id and age, and i bet you would axe half the people on this site and the quality of post will increase. but hey, who cares about business, lets talk speakers.

well this site stinks anyways so who cares, I'll post what I want. If i wanna switch things up and talk about non green industry related things I will. Who's gonna try and tell me what not to post? Certainly not you my friend.

Yes I meant 6.5's sorry!

Oh and I have an amp, so yes they do sound great Mr. ex audio equipment installer. Thank you very much!

Accu-cut Lawn Care
12-20-2007, 11:05 PM
well this site stinks anyways so who cares, I'll post what I want. If i wanna switch things up and talk about non green industry related things I will. Who's gonna try and tell me what not to post? Certainly not you my friend.

Yes I meant 6.5's sorry!

Oh and I have an amp, so yes they do sound great Mr. ex audio equipment installer. Thank you very much!

LOL. Even IF you have an amp... Which I doubt or you would have been bragging about it along with the speakers... Your rinky dink system would sound like garbage next to mine.

Accu-cut Lawn Care
12-20-2007, 11:12 PM
Eclipse head, mb quart component set up front, quart 6.5's in the back. 2 jl 10's under the back seat. kicker 500 watt amp on the highs, jl 500 on the bass. ipod, sirius, and hd radio.

South Florida Lawns
12-20-2007, 11:13 PM
I don't care what your system looks like its all about the sound. You should know that come on man.

South Florida Lawns
12-20-2007, 11:22 PM
Eclipse head, mb quart component set up front, quart 6.5's in the back. 2 jl 10's under the back seat. kicker 500 watt amp on the highs, jl 500 on the bass. ipod, sirius, and hd radio.

Everyone says I need a head deck but I don't know. I have 2 12's and they seem to be loud to me. The door speakers did take power away though. Should I get another amp or get the head unit? I just don't like the look of the chrome finish on most units or the fact they use blue lights when my dash is mostly green. Know what I mean?

The I-pod interface is the way to go no more scratched cd's! How do you like the satellite radio? I have heard that the quality is bad? Is it true?

Accu-cut Lawn Care
12-20-2007, 11:44 PM
Sirius sounds great if you have a head unit that has a decent eq... It's all about controlling the sound. The same goes for an ipod. Shop around... It should be easy to find a head with a green display.

Lawn Enforcer
12-20-2007, 11:51 PM
I've always wanted to do sweet audio stuff in my truck, but I guess I'd rather spend my $$$ on other stuff. Enjoy the sound! As for SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES, this is the truck and trailer forum. It is about TRUCKS AND TRAILERS! Why should he not post pics of his speakers and stuff? So if somebody posts a pic of their truck, that is just showing off? C'mon, if you don't have anything good to say, don't say it at all.

Accu-cut Lawn Care
12-20-2007, 11:52 PM
And don't worry about new amps. A new head will give them much better audio signal. Check out Eclipse... NO CHROME, understated looks, and all the audiophilic goodies you'll ever need.

Denham Lawnboy
12-21-2007, 12:43 AM
As much as Accu-cut is complaining and ruining this thread he is correct. A good headunit will do more for a sound system than anything else. This is not saying that if you add a highs amp it wont sound even better but just not as large of a quality increase as the headunit.

Kenwood kvt 647 head unit
Memphis 6x9s and 6.5
Clarion 400watt amp for highs
2 RF P2s
Pyle 1800 watt amp for subs
Stock tweeters

Accu-cut Lawn Care
12-21-2007, 12:48 AM
As much as Accu-cut is complaining and ruining this thread he is correct. A good headunit will do more for a sound system than anything else. This is not saying that if you add a highs amp it wont sound even better but just not as large of a quality increase as the headunit.

Kenwood kvt 647 head unit
Memphis 6x9s and 6.5
Clarion 400watt amp for highs
2 RF P2s
Pyle 1800 watt amp for subs
Stock tweeters

I wasn't complaining... sf kind of fired on me after I left a bit of advice to other readers.

ExclusiveLawnCare
12-21-2007, 02:41 AM
Looks good man! But I like the Bose in my truck. Perfect and Clear. And I think it has a little subwoofer built under the dash to give it alittle more beat. But not sure.