PDA

View Full Version : need knowledge on trailer brakes

Turf Dawg
12-18-2007, 01:07 AM
I have a 20' enclosed trailer with brakes on all 4 wheels. This trailer is about 18 months old. Last week the brakes quite working, the brake controler in the truck now does not light up. I checked the wires and I am getting power to all four wheels, so I unhooked the trailer to check the ground and all the lights worked. All my other trailers work fine so it should not be my controller. Can the magnets give out and cause this problem?

TXNSLighting
12-18-2007, 09:43 AM
yeh, but its awfuly soon for them to be goin out... take to a trailer shop. they usally check em out for free.

corey4671
12-18-2007, 10:22 AM
take the plug off the end of your trailer wiring. could be a loose ground. Doesn't take much of a ground connection for the lights to work, but if it is not making a good connection the brakes won't work. have had that problem with my trailer a couple times.

Turf Dawg
12-18-2007, 10:39 AM
I know it sounds soon for the magnets to go out but the trailer has around 15000 + miles on it. When driving I can hold the slide over and the light will come on after awhile but trailer doesn't lug.