PDA

View Full Version : bobcat s100

mrsops
12-18-2007, 09:03 PM
what does everyone think of the s100? i may buy one real soon anybody have one or get any pricing on them?

Scag48
12-19-2007, 03:56 AM
The S100 (formerly 553) is a real small machine. I wouldn't buy one, it's halfway between a S130 and a 463, basically no advantage. It's not small enough to get into any tight places nor is it large enough to do any real work. I'm surprised Bobcat is still producing this size, I don't think I've ever seen one in person. A 1,300 pound ROC machine is as small as I'd ever run, some days that size machine is too small for us, most days it's just right, but an S100 would more than likely be too small for any real work. Think of it this way, do you ever really need to shave 15 inches off the width to get into sites? If the answer is yes, the S100 might be worth considering, but I can take a 60" wide machine (standard 1,300 ROC machine with standard tires) just about anywhere. We work on 5' setbacks all the time and can usually get everywhere we need to go. I wish I would have photographically documented the first job we did with our 216, we had to bring in about 25 yards of dirt to build a road alongside a house just to get to the front yard. The width was tight, but there was a 2:1 grade change between the house and the property line. Made for some tricky maneuvering, not much room to spread enough dirt with the fluff factor to keep the berm edge from rolling off. We made it work though. Almost rolled the 216 a couple years after that job backfilling around a foundation doing the same thing, a little bit narrower machine would have helped a little, but the center of gravity would have been much higher and I probably would have lost a narrower machine.

mrsops
12-19-2007, 05:53 AM
Yeah I Have Alot Of Tight Areas Where I Am That I Would Need The Machine I Did Have A 553 That I Sold A Few Months Now Im Looking To Upgrade I Did Demo The S100 Its Faster And Def Stronger Hydrulaics Def Alot Better As Well. I Have Alot Of 48'' Sides And Gates That I Need The Machine More And The Good Part Is The Machine Is 46'' Wide So When I Lift The Bucket Up I Still Have 2'' On Each Side. I Also Have The Mt52 For The 36'' Areas

bobcat_ron
12-19-2007, 10:19 AM
I ran one a few years ago before Bobcat went nuts on re-numbering them, defiantly a huge improvement over the 463 (yes I could squeeze my fat arse into it!) but if I was looking for something that small I wouldn't hesitate to buy an ASV RC-30, I'll get more work done with more traction.

mrsops
12-19-2007, 05:21 PM
You Couldnt Pay Me 300 A Day To Run That 463 So Dam Tight And Bouncy Lol

mrsops
12-22-2007, 03:44 PM
anybody get any prices on the s100 or know anybody that has?

P.Services
12-22-2007, 03:55 PM
So Dam Tight And Bouncy Lol

just the way i like it!!