PDA

View Full Version : landscape curbing

mp067
12-19-2007, 06:48 PM
evening to everyone,
not sure if this post fits here, but i ve been doing grass cutting, maintenance for a little while and was thinking of adding on concrete landscape curbing. is anybody on the east coast doing any of this? any opinions would be appreciated.

TREEGUARD
12-19-2007, 10:26 PM
I have not seen or heard of anyone doing it around here

P.Services
12-19-2007, 10:45 PM
i think it is so ugly any one that installs it should have there head beat on the curb!!!

cpel2004
12-20-2007, 02:40 AM
Considering your not the home owner you dont get to make that decesion, but I really like your view point. I'll keeping making money while you'll keep disliking the product. Sounds good to me.

John Zaprala
12-20-2007, 02:54 AM
Are you talking about the slip form concrete around landscape beds? I have one customer who has it and wishes he hadn't put it in. There one well known fact on the East Coast, concrete cracks and Stone doesn't. Most customers in my areas who have the money to spend doing this prefer the look of a more "timeless" look. Cobblestone, paver curbstone, as examples, doesn't crack and can be changed in the future.
One other thing is the equipment investment to just get involved in something like that is a big risk.

redmax fan
12-20-2007, 03:04 AM
i dont know anything about it but upon reading this thread i searched it and found a site with some good photos so figured ide post the link =

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0WTb_0rIWpHHoYBHwajzbkF/SIG=126qgjaii/EXP=1198224043/**http%3A//www.slcurbing.com/curbing-photo-gallery.htm

mp067
12-20-2007, 09:49 AM
hey Picasso
no need to be a jerk. just asking for opinions, or advice if any one has tried it.

tamadrummer
12-20-2007, 10:06 AM
There is a definite market for it! While I don't like the whole look of the stuff, one of my landscape only customers just had it installed the other day and 5 other neighbors had it done as well. (Older folks in a trailer park)

I don't know how the guy is making it at $4.50 a ln/ft but hey he has all the right gear and a great crew and they make quick work of the install.

If you like to work with concrete and can get the equipment used and can market yourself well, it will make you a bundle but being fast and NO waste is the key with this stuff!!

Good luck
Brian

mdvaden
12-20-2007, 11:20 AM
Haven't done it and won't.

Would just refer.

Has it's place, but I'd recommend much less than is installed.

I could write a paragraph or two about it and trees. :)

Just one more eyesore when it won't stay put.

As far as sales, sounds like a safe avenue to persue.

John Zaprala
12-20-2007, 11:34 AM
I guess that would be my biggest gripe about curbing is you're stuck with the same beds etc. BUT that's what some ppl want especially older clients who have had "that maple tree since 1952!" But I would still maybe see if you could get some hands-on experience before investing money in equipment and marketing this service for yourself. And that's with any new services. Keep up that reputation!