PDA

View Full Version : I would like to expand

VisionsLandscaping
12-19-2007, 10:02 PM
I currently have 20 residential and 2 commercial accounts. This was my first year in the green industry. I havent really advertised AT ALL this season except when i passed out my 500 door hangers. what is the most effective ways to attract customers rather than word of mouth. What method of "advertising" gets the landscaping and lawn care guys their most customers?

Also do you guys offer annual accounts a percentage off on fall cleanups?

lawnpro724
12-21-2007, 02:27 PM
I receive a lot off calls during the active growing season March-Oct for landscaping and residential as well as commercial mowing customers. There isn't really a "best" form of advertising regardless of what is said on this site. You need a little bit of everything at different times of the year. You need to have at the very minimum a listing in all the phone books in your area, a bigger ad will cost more but the results will be much better. Running ads in local paper in early spring for mowing, mid summer for shrubs trimming, and fall for cleanups. Early spring time is also a good time to put door hangers out in neighborhoods you would like to work. Spend the money and have some signs made up that you can place in customers yards that you do landscaping for. I also have several benches around the area that I also place advertising on. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that you need to keep your name in front of everyone all the time and do quality work. There isn't a magic form of advertising where one thing works all the time. What works for one person doesn't work for the other. Thats why you need to cover all your bases and do a little bit of everything. I know it sounds like a lot but it really does pay for its self many times over. Lettering for your truck and company shirts will also provide your company with a professional appearance and will make a good impression on people when they see you out working.