PDA

View Full Version : How do I keep up with all the material?

Fahzu
12-19-2007, 09:42 PM
I'm new to the site and want to read everything. Obviously I can't, but with so much activity, how do I keep up with the discussion threads?

Michael J. Donovan
12-19-2007, 09:47 PM
well, if it is a discussion you are involved in then you have the option to receive an email when there is a new post in that thread...if you are looking for specific topics or information you can use the "search" feature located in the green tool bar near at the top of the site.

Fahzu
12-19-2007, 09:53 PM
Thanks, I just found the option to be notified by email (it will be very useful). And for new material/posts, is that updated every 24 hours? Thanks for the help!!

Michael J. Donovan
12-19-2007, 09:57 PM
when you click on the "New Posts" button it will show you all the threads that have new posts since your last visit

take care, have a great night and enjoy the site

topsites
12-21-2007, 12:54 AM
I'm new to the site and want to read everything. Obviously I can't, but with so much activity, how do I keep up with the discussion threads?

Oh you have to turn on your bs filters then suddenly it's not so much left.

Seriously?
First I just peek into a few sub sections myself, 3 or 4 main ones that I like to read around, then another 4 or 5 secondary ones, the rest I leave alone mostly they just don't pertain to me.

Scan the titles to make sure you haven't read it before, then scan through some of the posts and pages, read up a bit, just do that.
Don't worry about keeping up, the information repeats itself over time, you won't miss much if you stick around.

As they say, grab only what you really need, leave the rest be.