PDA

View Full Version : Need help choosing trimmer racks

Big C
12-20-2007, 01:58 AM
I am looking for a 3 tier trimmer rack to mount on my 5x12 open trailer, I saw some on ebay but didn't know if they were good quality or not. Can you guys give me some insight, brand names or pointers on what to look for when choosing a set.

mx315
12-20-2007, 10:29 AM
I got the Xtreme Rack back in June and love it. It uses one lock for all three compartments and trimmers do not spin or slide.

bohiaa
12-20-2007, 11:41 AM
Dont get the ones from Tractor supply...

I got some for my 5x10 and they didn't even last one season.

Sweet Tater
12-20-2007, 08:45 PM
Dont get the ones from Tractor supply...

I got some for my 5x10 and they didn't even last one season.

Thats what I have, they doing good a year later. The only problem I have is I keep loosing the lock :hammerhead:

VisionsLandscaping
12-20-2007, 08:57 PM
jungle jims are nice and dependable

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
12-20-2007, 08:59 PM
Have a set for sale thats brand new. Go to this thread: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=192565
there in pic 2. You can have them for $100.

PLS-Tx
12-20-2007, 08:59 PM
Trimmer Trap works good for us.

VisionsLandscaping
12-20-2007, 09:09 PM
which trimmer racks do you still have for sale and what the price? whats the price also of the trimmer line holder?

R and R Lawn Services
12-20-2007, 09:14 PM
Never had any problems with my Trimmer Trap

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
12-20-2007, 09:22 PM
which trimmer racks do you still have for sale and what the price? whats the price also of the trimmer line holder?

If you were asking me, I only have the set in the second picture. I don't have a line holder 4 sale but you can make one pretty easy.

VisionsLandscaping
12-20-2007, 09:49 PM
yes i was asking you.

What is the price for the trimmer rack iin the second pic? Does it have locks on it also? whats it made of? i need a second one, we are expanding into 2 different trailers/

VisionsLandscaping
12-20-2007, 09:51 PM
and also is all of the mounting supplies included?

tamadrummer
12-20-2007, 09:54 PM
I have Green Touch three tier racks with yellow vinyl/rubber on them but I would not recommend them!

I have had to make wooden shims to keep my trimmers/edgers from rocking and basically getting wild while driving at speed.

They are a nice concept but with my Deere trimmers the second notch is too far away and the third notch is too close to keep the trimmers straight up. I think I will try the trimmertrap racks when I have to replace these.

Just my opinion.

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
12-20-2007, 09:56 PM
There metal with ruber on the tips. They are lockable you just need 3 master locks. Bought them new and never installed them. You can have them for $100 shipping included. Here's a pic I found of someone who had them. To mount them you just need 4 bolts,washers, and nuts.

VisionsLandscaping
12-20-2007, 09:58 PM
who made them? did it come with a mounting kit?

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
12-20-2007, 10:21 PM
I think Buyers, I found them last winter advertising on here. No mount kit. You drill 4 holes and thats it. It doesn't get any easier.

VisionsLandscaping
12-20-2007, 10:22 PM
Whats your bottom dollar on them? plus shipped

VisionsLandscaping
12-20-2007, 10:34 PM
I would like to have the trimmer rack just give me your bottom $$

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
12-20-2007, 10:55 PM
$100 shipped.......

VisionsLandscaping
12-20-2007, 10:58 PM
If youll take $75 ill take it off your hands.

VisionsLandscaping
12-20-2007, 11:16 PM
if you decide on the $75 i will take it
im going out of town tomorrow and wont be at a computer for a few days if oyu need ot get in touch with me call me on my cell. 304-673-1430.Taz

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
12-20-2007, 11:55 PM
No thanks, shop around $100 shipped was a good deal.

ACA L&L
12-21-2007, 03:09 AM
http://www.precoparts.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=104

Here they are we ordered some this year finally got them on last week. They are a great deal and in my opinion the best for the money. (mine came with the locks on accident)

Grits
12-21-2007, 05:03 PM
Have a set for sale thats brand new. Go to this thread: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=192565
there in pic 2. You can have them for $100.

I have that exact set and it didn't cost $100 including shipping.

Grits
12-21-2007, 05:05 PM
No thanks, shop around $100 shipped was a good deal.

That isn't a good deal. You can get them right now at PrecoParts.com for $75.
So if you consider "web" retail a good deal, then I guess it might be.

Grits
12-21-2007, 05:08 PM
There metal with ruber on the tips. They are lockable you just need 3 master locks. Bought them new and never installed them. You can have them for $100 shipping included. Here's a pic I found of someone who had them. To mount them you just need 4 bolts,washers, and nuts.

That pic is off of precoparts website.
Why are you trying to portray them in a shady way?

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
12-21-2007, 05:33 PM
That pic is off of precoparts website.
Why are you trying to portray them in a shady way?

Hey man, I got that pic from this site almost a year ago when I was looking for a set. I paid $119 plus shipping back then and from what others on this site said was a good deal. I had no clue or care what the company is now selling them for. Hell they can just sit in the shop I don't really care but compared to what I paid $100 shipped was a good deal. But thanks for being such a A$$.

Grits
12-22-2007, 06:34 PM
Hey man, I got that pic from this site almost a year ago when I was looking for a set. I paid $119 plus shipping back then and from what others on this site said was a good deal. I had no clue or care what the company is now selling them for. Hell they can just sit in the shop I don't really care but compared to what I paid $100 shipped was a good deal. But thanks for being such a A$$.

You're being the a$$, in the way you are trying to sell them, IMO. I bought a set over a year ago from preco for the same price that they have them now. $75 plus shipping.
Don't get all pissy because I pointed out what they really cost.

landscaper22
12-22-2007, 07:19 PM
I have a Rack'em trimmer rack. It is solid. I believe it was $200. I think it comes with some mounting hardware, but my brother welded mine on for me. Here is a pic from their website.

J&R Landscaping
12-23-2007, 08:36 PM
I have the basic geen touch racks. They work fine for me! My only complaint is the locks on them suck. They get wet or weathered at all and they are done. I got a new set for mine.

Tadams
12-23-2007, 11:05 PM
I have Green Touch three tier racks with yellow vinyl/rubber on them but I would not recommend them!

I have had to make wooden shims to keep my trimmers/edgers from rocking and basically getting wild while driving at speed.

They are a nice concept but with my Deere trimmers the second notch is too far away and the third notch is too close to keep the trimmers straight up. I think I will try the trimmertrap racks when I have to replace these.

Just my opinion.

I have the Green Touch racks and I like them alot! I use all Stihl equipment and there is a trick to keeping them from rolling around. You have to put the handle in the vinyl part and then you have to put the pin in the third hole on the top and angle it to the second hole on the bottom to kinda wedge the trimmer in place. It works real good and doesn't damage the handle at all.

rob7233
12-25-2007, 03:13 PM
Again, Some one mentioned them before http://www.trailerracks.com

Green Touch Industries NEW extreme series trimmer racks........Not the old yellow ones.....

Ask yourself, What do I want them To Do or Not to do?

Hold trimmers without them rolling in the racks EVER?
One lock that locks them all?
Easy in and Easy Out?
Well constructed and built securily?
Attractive and durable to the weather?
Can be easily mounted in an enclosed trailer?
Has security features that will not allow the lock to be cut?
Provides an additional feature that allows an extra layer of protection from theft via chain or cable?
Allows flexibility in spacing the uprights in the way they can be mounted?
Cannot be forced with a 24" section of 3/4" galvanized pipe by any dirt bag that wants to carry the pipe in his pant leg !!
Cost is less than $200 and the support from the company is great.

I was sold at the 2006 Expo and ordered right there while looking at a show prototype. Couldn't be happier. Quit messing around and simply go with the best. No kidding!
You get what you pay for.. :weightlifter:

pricejs
12-31-2007, 02:29 PM
Good info all.
I have the regular open block racks and there are challenges with going cheap.
I "buffered" the ride by using insulated pipe strips from walmat...1" center and 2+" outside and taped them at both spots they go into the racks.
Swimming noodles might also work.

mattmus4357
01-14-2008, 11:38 PM
You guys will probably make fun of me for saying this but I got the cheap one from Lowes. I think it was Carry-On but I'm not sure. I only paid like $60 for it and I haven't had any problems with it.

lil_cote_93
03-22-2008, 09:13 PM
lows ones look nice if u ask me?>
so u guys dont promote the yellow vinyle green touch ones?
what if u could pick em up for 90 bills?