PDA

View Full Version : bobcat mt52 mini loader

mrsops
12-20-2007, 09:00 PM
hey guys anybody own or ever rent a mt52 if so what do you think about it? i own 1 and it only comes out once in a blue for those tight tight areas great for drilling with the auger its got awesome power, but i find it hard to grade with it i have the platform to stand on top but my wrists get tired after a while going back and fourth anybody else have this problem

P.Services
12-20-2007, 09:02 PM
i will give ya 5k cash for it and solve all your problems.

mrsops
12-20-2007, 09:03 PM
lol with only 54hrs on it you better come up with more then that lol

P.Services
12-20-2007, 09:07 PM
i know just a joke. ya i ran a dingo and my arms got tired fast, with no platform my legs where exhausted my the end of the day. but then i thought to myself how tired i would be if i had to move 50 yards of topsoil up a hill by hand. i will take a walk behind anyday.

mrsops
12-20-2007, 09:09 PM
lolol you think like me, the platform is such a pleasure but lisen if your short guys or you dont have any guys the walkbehind will save you alot of time. really is a good machine

Lawnworks
12-20-2007, 10:12 PM
It is hard to grade w/ the bucket, but the harley rake will do the trick.

mrsops
12-20-2007, 10:26 PM
harly rake? what is that a bobcat item?

PLM-1
12-20-2007, 10:48 PM
I used an MT52 for a couple of days. I didn't really care for it. Maybe I wasn't used to it. It really tore the property up albeit it wasn't bone dry and the grass wasn't all that great. I had to fix the whole are because it looked like a regular skid went through there. I was moving some big rocks around, trying to clear out a bed and move the mulch in. I don't think I could say it did any of those good. I ended up using it more as a wheel barrow for the bed cleanout instead of scrapin all the crap out, the machine is just too short and it falls in imperfections.

mrsops
12-20-2007, 10:53 PM
i mean it has its ups and downs. i have a 36"" auger bit i put on it and i put some big trees in with it in tight areas. trees sometimes are 3'' calibur so there big babies but grading wise its hard to use the machine its def better then using ur back or wheelbarrel

Birdjr
12-21-2007, 09:41 AM
How does the mt52 handle a trencher, it looks like it would be great for draintile in small to medium backyards. I rented it a few time this year from my bobcat dealer. I only used the bucket, my only complaint on it was the dumping height kinda low. I think it would work best with a dump trailer.

Fordsuvparts
12-21-2007, 09:50 AM
You wouldn't have nearly as many problems if you got a dingo TX425, they are an awesome machine. The tracks are really nice if you know how to turn the machine with out tearing up the turf. We will be buying a TX 525 In the spring to go with the TX 425.

bobcat_ron
12-21-2007, 10:33 AM
I've seen one being used in a manure pit under a barn to clean out 25+ years of solids, sure beats doing it by hand, but damn decent power too.