PDA

View Full Version : 2007 S330 K Series Pics

mrsops
12-21-2007, 04:00 PM
Hey Guys Some Of You Wanted Me To Post Some Pics Of My S330 Heres A Few. The Last Pic Is Of The Back Door And Bumper

bobcat_ron
12-21-2007, 04:03 PM
Yowzers, them is big tires!!

What's the top speed flat out?

mrsops
12-21-2007, 04:22 PM
Tires Are Huge There 14'' Thats Why The Machine Looks Do Dam Big!!! They Say It Goes 12.9 Mph But When I Put It In 2 Speed Its Scary You Can Really Hurt Someone Lol

YellowDogSVC
12-21-2007, 04:27 PM
I just don't like the big moon tires. Anyone remember the 883 with the balloon tires? Are they wider or just taller?

mrsops
12-21-2007, 04:37 PM
You Imagine If They Foam Filled Tires You Would Need An S330 To Lift The Tire Lol

bobcat_ron
12-21-2007, 04:45 PM
Oooooh, the 883, now that was a blast!

cat2
12-21-2007, 06:31 PM
that is one big bobcat.:weightlifter: sounds like you like it so far.

mrsops
12-21-2007, 06:34 PM
yeah it does everything i need it to do

Tigerotor77W
12-21-2007, 08:44 PM
Are they wider or just taller?

Mostly wider, I want to say... I don't they they were taller by much at all (maybe one inch larger on the rim diameter?).

mrsops
12-21-2007, 10:43 PM
i belive its 2inches

Tigerotor77W
12-22-2007, 11:41 AM
I don't know three-number-in-the-model tire series, but the 873 ran 12x16.5 and the 883 33x15.50x16.5.

Have at it! Maybe I'll learn something in the process. :)

YellowDogSVC
12-22-2007, 12:07 PM
I think the 883 tires were similar to what bulky hulks or bulky hippos would be today. If it wasn't such an issue with replacing some buckets, I'd probably be running bulky hulks just for the bigger footprint. I think the more tire is in contact with the ground, the more stable I would be in the rough terrain I work in. I may still look into that soon. I have felt for a long time that 12" wide tires are too narrow for an 8500lb machine. I'd like to run less air pressure for a bigger footprint but have heard from the dealer that I could lose my bead. I just switched from 10 years of running solid tires to air and I don't want to lose bead on some of the remote properties I work on. Would be hell trying to get my service truck back in the woods!

Scag48
12-22-2007, 02:03 PM
I remember seeing 883 tires as a R-4 standard bar tread, just insanely wide.

YellowDogSVC
12-22-2007, 02:38 PM
Yeah, those tires were cool. I really think wide tires should be the standard on the heavy machines. The flotation must be awesome and I would venture to guess that it makes the whole ride more stable. I think an issue is most of us have more than one machine or upgrade only one at a time and we would have to replace buckets which gets expensive.

Have you seen the hippos by galaxy? I would imagine they would work well in WA.

SiteSolutions
12-22-2007, 03:23 PM
I think the 883 tires were similar to what bulky hulks or bulky hippos would be today. If it wasn't such an issue with replacing some buckets, I'd probably be running bulky hulks just for the bigger footprint. I think the more tire is in contact with the ground, the more stable I would be in the rough terrain I work in. I may still look into that soon. I have felt for a long time that 12" wide tires are too narrow for an 8500lb machine. I'd like to run less air pressure for a bigger footprint but have heard from the dealer that I could lose my bead. I just switched from 10 years of running solid tires to air and I don't want to lose bead on some of the remote properties I work on. Would be hell trying to get my service truck back in the woods!

Carry a can of ether and a miniature 12v compressor with you if you need to seat a bead where you can't get to it with your service truck.

P.Services
12-22-2007, 03:31 PM
Carry a can of ether and a miniature 12v compressor with you if you need to seat a bead where you can't get to it with your service truck.

thats just what i was thinking.

bobcat_ron
12-22-2007, 03:47 PM
I think it's time to switch to a set of tracks or a CTL if you are constantly airing up and down the tires to get better floatation.

YellowDogSVC
12-22-2007, 03:47 PM
Esplain that please..

SiteSolutions
12-22-2007, 04:13 PM
If you break the bead on a tire, you can squirt about 10 seconds of ether in it. As you finish, leave a little trail up the sidewall so you don't have to stick your hand into the tire to light it. Light the end of the ether trail and "WHOOOMP" the tire may seat the bead. I say "may" because in my experience it could take one or two tries. Be sure any little flames have all died out before going to shoot more ether in the tire!

Once the ether blows up and seats the tire, it won't have but a couple pounds of pressure in it. If you put any weight on it or even kick it, it's going to unseat again. But, you can air it up with a little 12v compressor although it will take awhile, it beats a poke in the eye.

Oh, yeah, of course use the machine to jack the tire up off the ground before you do all this. Works on everything from large equipment tires, dump truck tires, loader tires, car tires, wheelbarrow tires. Adjust the amount of ether according to the size of the tire; you might need 15 seconds or more in your loader tires but I would say 10 is a good place to start... gives you a chance to practice reacting to the big whooshing fireball!

SiteSolutions
12-22-2007, 04:14 PM
Oh, yeah, you can go ahead and attach the compressor to the valve stem before you do the ether thing just so it is constantly receiving air in it; may help seat the tire.

P.Services
12-22-2007, 04:16 PM
some one will chim in soon about how unsafe that is...... but i do it to

YellowDogSVC
12-22-2007, 04:52 PM
I think I will use straps.. I don't want to be on the darwin awards or start a fire in the woods.

P.Services
12-22-2007, 04:57 PM
I think I will use straps.. I don't want to be on the darwin awards or start a fire in the woods.

oh god i will never use straps again when you can use that little trick and be done in 10 seconds. it just burns the either off and the fire goes out.

YellowDogSVC
12-22-2007, 05:02 PM
yeah but a flash fire, like an ether fire, can burn your eyebrows! I would be inconsistent if I had no eyebrows. I make fun of the ethnic women around here who draw theirs on after shaving them off.

P.Services
12-22-2007, 05:05 PM
yeah but a flash fire, like an ether fire, can burn your eyebrows! I would be inconsistent if I had no eyebrows. I make fun of the ethnic women around here who draw theirs on after shaving them off.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

bobcat_ron
12-22-2007, 06:04 PM
I saw the Ether trick on the Discovery channel with a Land Rover going across the Iceland Glaciers, pretty quick way of doing it.

ksss
12-22-2007, 07:18 PM
Some of the older hands at the tire shop do that as well. You wont find it in the approved OSHA handbook but it works. I have never tried it myself.

Fieldman12
12-22-2007, 07:24 PM
I have seen it done many of times on the farms. A buddy of mine did it one time and it shoved him back a good ten feet when it blew.

SiteSolutions
12-22-2007, 08:07 PM
I saw the Ether trick on the Discovery channel with a Land Rover going across the Iceland Glaciers, pretty quick way of doing it.

I saw that show too; pretty neat. I learned the trick a while back from the tire man who serviced all the equipment for the construction co I was working for at the time. It has come in handy so many times.

I've burned off eyebrows before, but not doing this. Standing clear of the tire and reaching out to the edge of the tread to light it keeps you far enough away; if you do it right most of the expanding gasses stay in the tire and inflate it.

I guess I wouldn't want to try it in a dry cedar forest though. Maybe get an extra fire extinguisher mounted in your cab, too, to have if you ever have to fix a tire this way...

SiteSolutions
12-22-2007, 08:08 PM
I have seen it done many of times on the farms. A buddy of mine did it one time and it shoved him back a good ten feet when it blew.

Did he use the whole can of ether?:laugh:

Fieldman12
12-22-2007, 08:11 PM
He used a good bit. Lets just say he was lucky. He must have more than nine lives I have seen him do some crazy stuff.

Tigerotor77W
12-25-2007, 01:56 PM
This isn't really related to this topic, per se, but I was thinking... 2008 brings a new set of emissions regulations and Bobcat's 50th anniversary, so there is perhaps a chance that some of the models are getting revamped. My hunch was always that the K-series is a warmed over G-series to test the waters and work out some bugs (with the new chaincase, undercarriage, and cooling fan), so I'm guessing that we'll see a new series (my guess is either L-series or M-series... I'm thinking M) of Bobcat loaders.

Honestly, I think the smaller models will go first, because they haven't been touched since 1999 (!), but I also suspect that the S220 and up will get redone at some point in 2008, too.

Just my suspicions -- in case any Bobcat people are reading this, no need to launch an investigation; I haven't asked any Bobcat sources this information. I'm guessing based purely on... desire to see a new product, really.

Sunscaper
12-25-2007, 02:20 PM
What a Monster!

ksss
12-25-2007, 03:01 PM
This isn't really related to this topic, per se, but I was thinking... 2008 brings a new set of emissions regulations and Bobcat's 50th anniversary, so there is perhaps a chance that some of the models are getting revamped. My hunch was always that the K-series is a warmed over G-series to test the waters and work out some bugs (with the new chaincase, undercarriage, and cooling fan), so I'm guessing that we'll see a new series (my guess is either L-series or M-series... I'm thinking M) of Bobcat loaders.

Honestly, I think the smaller models will go first, because they haven't been touched since 1999 (!), but I also suspect that the S220 and up will get redone at some point in 2008, too.

Just my suspicions -- in case any Bobcat people are reading this, no need to launch an investigation; I haven't asked any Bobcat sources this information. I'm guessing based purely on... desire to see a new product, really.

I would like to be a "fly on the wall" when the Doosan people have a sit down with the BC people. I am curious if/how the buyout has impacted the BC
plan for upgrading of its product line. I see Doosan is marketing their mini excavators rather heavily. I wonder what is in store for BC's lines that compete against Doosan. Granted BC has marketshare over Doosan, I am curious if they will run like CASE and NH's skid steer lines or if one line will be dropped in favor of the other.

I am trying to read into your post Tiger to see if that is sarcasm or sincerity (concerning the updating of models down to fortelling the next model identifier). Time will tell I guess.

Hard to believe that they have gone since 99' since the last overhaul on the smaller machines. Time flys. One thing is certain, they need to start putting more into their machines than the famous white paint and the Bobcat sticker. That is not moving machines like it used to.

bobcat_ron
12-25-2007, 03:17 PM
And they damn well better come out with a suspended undercarriage as an option on the CTL's.

YellowDogSVC
12-25-2007, 03:20 PM
I would like to be a "fly on the wall" when the Doosan people have a sit down with the BC people. I am curious if/how the buyout has impacted the BC
plan for upgrading of its product line. I see Doosan is marketing their mini excavators rather heavily. I wonder what is in store for BC's lines that compete against Doosan. Granted BC has marketshare over Doosan, I am curious if they will run like CASE and NH's skid steer lines or if one line will be dropped in favor of the other.

I am trying to read into your post Tiger to see if that is sarcasm or sincerity (concerning the updating of models down to fortelling the next model identifier). Time will tell I guess.

Hard to believe that they have gone since 99' since the last overhaul on the smaller machines. Time flys. One thing is certain, they need to start putting more into their machines than the famous white paint and the Bobcat sticker. That is not moving machines like it used to.

I was told that some changes are coming from what should be a reliable source but no specifics, timelines, or even a hint of changes to come. I personally would like a morsel to chew on while I decide where to take my company next.

bobcat_ron
12-25-2007, 03:25 PM
Cat makes some tasty morsels to chew on!!!

ksss
12-25-2007, 03:53 PM
And they damn well better come out with a suspended undercarriage as an option on the CTL's.

That will never happen.

I prophetize this: If the CAT/ASV C series undercarriage does not correct the shortcomings of the B series in the eyes of the consumer, they (CAT not ASV) will offer a solid type undercarriage. The suspended machines will be for those that really need them and are willing to accept the the consequences for not running them in the conditions to which they were designed for. The solid machines will be for everyone else that wants a CTL type capabaility without the suspended machine upkeep costs and depreciation. The prior to C series undercarriage is not for everyone although it was sold that way. I cant speak for the C series as time will tell if this is now an undercarriage for all to love and enjoy. Given what I have read on the improvements, I don't think so. It will continue to be finicky and expensive (granted nice riding and quiet). This will open the door for CAT to offer both and let the consumer pick their preference. It makes great sense to me. No one else could offer that type of choice in a CTL but Cat.

YellowDogSVC
12-25-2007, 04:18 PM
That will never happen.

I prophetize this: If the CAT/ASV C series undercarriage does not correct the shortcomings of the B series in the eyes of the consumer, they (CAT not ASV) will offer a solid type undercarriage. The suspended machines will be for those that really need them and are willing to accept the the consequences for not running them in the conditions to which they were designed for. The solid machines will be for everyone else that wants a CTL type capabaility without the suspended machine upkeep costs and depreciation. The prior to C series undercarriage is not for everyone although it was sold that way. I cant speak for the C series as time will tell if this is now an undercarriage for all to love and enjoy. Given what I have read on the improvements, I don't think so. It will continue to be finicky and expensive (granted nice riding and quiet). This will open the door for CAT to offer both and let the consumer pick their preference. It makes great sense to me. No one else could offer that type of choice in a CTL but Cat.

So overall, with the new c series CAT, is CAT the most advanced machine out there? Is it the best machine in the bigger classes?

ksss
12-25-2007, 04:38 PM
I think you could say that their cab improvments are the best at this point (assuming that it will function as promised). As far as the rest of the machine, I don't know. I don't know that the question has an answer yet. The machines are new and it was a substantial update from the B series (new control system, adding a larger ROC size, updated CTL design). Undoubtably there will be or have been some bumps that will need to get worked out. Time will tell if CAT got it all right with the C series. The C series is the newest machine design on the market right now. It will feature some advancements that the others don't currently offer (the biggest is the cab improvments they made IMHO). The others will sequentially release their new machines each one pulling the skid steer market further along as each OEM captializes on the industry improvements.

Tigerotor77W
12-25-2007, 07:03 PM

I honestly believe that "Bobsan" is using some of the smaller features to test the waters for new product. No one I've talked to knows anything (or is keeping everything sealed in his brain), but apart from trying to cool the 41 GPM G-series, the G-series was doing just fine. (And like YellowDog's made sadly obvious, the K-series doesn't add a whole lot, either.)

I seriously think that there's stuff -- a TON of it -- in the pipeline, but I have absolutely no idea whatsoever what it is. You can't just put several hundred engineers in an office building for, what, eight years and come out with: a hydraulically-driven fan, a new chaincase, and new decals for the loader arm and frame uprights! (Maybe Bobcat engineers go from SSL to mini-ex to Toolcat to Versahandler, but I kinda doubt that...) I have one tiny reason to believe that there is "stuff" out there, but it's nearly useless (because I don't know anything about the timeliness of the information. For all I know, it could have been fed to me during the development of the G-series). (My theory on all this stuff was actually held about six months before I got the information.) I'm not willing to post it online publicly. Just as I wouldn't say stuff about the C-series, I don't want to annoy Bobcat (one of the sponsors of this site!) by putting up naughty pictures.

And as for suspended undercarriage, I thought that the T320 was originally going to be marketed with a suspended UC of sorts. I haven't heard anything since, but my bet is going to be that there will be a suspended UC. This, coupled with the useless piece of information, which, again, could prove to be useless and unfactful, my thinking is that if any manufacturer is going to grab that marketing ploy or performance enhancer, depending on your camp and train of thought, Bobcat will be the one to do it.

That being said, I am getting impatient (anxious) to see what Bobcat's got coming... eight bloody years. Actually, to think of it, I may have to wait until ConExpo. Doubt anyone'll be launching much at World of Concrete. But then maybe they will get a head start? Dunno.

Now all this was a babble post. It sums into my saying, "I think Bobcat has new products coming," which is a pretty boring statement because
a) I don't know this to be true;
b) Every manufacturer is working on something at some point, so it's kinda stating the obvious.

But I'm good at doing that, so... Merry Christmas!

YellowDogSVC
12-25-2007, 09:10 PM
Now all this was a babble post. It sums into my saying, "I think Bobcat has new products coming," which is a pretty boring statement because
a) I don't know this to be true;
b) Every manufacturer is working on something at some point, so it's kinda stating the obvious.

But I'm good at doing that, so... Merry Christmas!

i do believe that bobcat has something in the works. It would be suicide to rest on its laurels and assume that brand recognition will carry them into the future and yes, 8 years is a long time to have very few improvements. Most of my G series parts still fit my K series machines. I use G series door hardware, engine filters, etc. There are a few extra filters and the chaincase seems to be less of a worry since (i think) the drain plug is removed. Machine is easier to clean out with what appears to be larger drain holes but maybe I just noticed they were big enough to wash out the machine and get the crap out.
The hydraulic fan doesn't seem to add much to the cooling though it touts a30% increase. I still get the same temps for the most part. Maybe the bigger fan in the later K series helps some but it isn't like it changed the world.
The reliability aspect of these machines, in my honest opinion, is on the short list of why I like Bobcat though I have a longer list of likes than dislikes. I am a Bobcat guy and believe in my machines and especially my local dealer who treats me like family.
I am on my 2nd K series S300 machine (I trade machines just over 1000 hours or so) and I am the only operator. I am gentle for the most part but my terrain, applications, and simple hydraulic demands are tough on any machine and yet they hold up to the abuse day in and day out.
I still have a short list of complaints chief among them my power to weight ratio with heavy attachments.
Just had a Bobcat warranty survey sent to me. I am sending them a typed, stapled attachment with my wishes and complaints. They have asked for feedback and will receive it.

mrsops
12-25-2007, 10:08 PM
dam yellow 1000 hrs then you trade them in there just getting broken in lol. i keep my machines for 2000-2500 hrs i sold my s250 with 2600 hrs

YellowDogSVC
12-25-2007, 10:26 PM
I have been trading up for hydraulic performance over the years and I get a good resale or trade out of them. I know I should keep them longer and will when I have the "right" machine. almost did that with my s300g. It was the finest machine in a long time next my s220 which I worked hard.

mrsops
12-25-2007, 11:00 PM
yellow why s220 why not s250?

tnmtn
12-25-2007, 11:09 PM
bobcat at this point reminds me of harley davidson. owned a market and did well with it until major competition. was then bought out by a company that appears to have done next to nothing with it (similar to the amf years). during this time the competition has gotten even better and they have fallen behind. harley has improved their bikes and done well through marketing and t-shirts. i don't think this will work for bobcat. they have been doing the marketing(still don't like the new website)and advertising. have to see whats next. my hopes aren't very high at this point though. just thought it was a funny comparison.
good luck,

bobcat_ron
12-26-2007, 10:49 AM
bobcat at this point reminds me of harley davidson. owned a market and did well with it until major competition. was then bought out by a company that appears to have done next to nothing with it (similar to the amf years). during this time the competition has gotten even better and they have fallen behind. harley has improved their bikes and done well through marketing and t-shirts. i don't think this will work for bobcat. they have been doing the marketing(still don't like the new website)and advertising. have to see whats next. my hopes aren't very high at this point though. just thought it was a funny comparison.
good luck,

That is a bang on comparision.

YellowDogSVC
12-26-2007, 10:11 PM
yellow why s220 why not s250?

There wasn't anything wrong with my s250 but it wasn't AC and it had the Advanced hand controls which were crap. I prefer radial lift machines for the low profile so the 220 was a favorite.

YellowDogSVC
12-26-2007, 10:18 PM
good luck,

Let's hope something is in the works. I have invested A LOT into Bobcat Co. I am going to take a hard look at CAT, though. I just don't have enough information right now on the new CATs and my Bobcat is very reliable.

xcopterdoc
12-26-2007, 10:25 PM
Nice machine. You best keep it greased up. Special attention to the lateral bar where your safety lock is stored at. Both sides. Also on your main lift cylinders, where you have to blindly get on to the lower zerk thru the hole. These things are pin and bushing nightmares if not lubed every 8 hrs.

SiteSolutions
12-26-2007, 10:31 PM
Nice machine. You best keep it greased up. Special attention to the lateral bar where your safety lock is stored at. Both sides. Also on your main lift cylinders, where you have to blindly get on to the lower zerk thru the hole. These things are pin and bushing nightmares if not lubed every 8 hrs.

If the new Bobcats will at least make that little fitting on the bottom of the lift cylinders accessible, that will be a HUGE improvement!:rolleyes:

bobcatboy
12-26-2007, 10:59 PM
Yellow dog, I dont think you will be happy with the cat. I had a b series 246 and it did not have the power that my bobcat has. I have had 7 bobcats and for my 8th machine I decided to get a cat. The machine was really quiet but I was really disapointed with the breakout. Now like I said the c series might not have that problem but they just seem to be gutless. My suggestion would be to demo some highflow machines from cat, case and deere

bobcat_ron
12-27-2007, 10:46 AM
Yellow dog, I dont think you will be happy with the cat. I had a b series 246 and it did not have the power that my bobcat has. I have had 7 bobcats and for my 8th machine I decided to get a cat. The machine was really quiet but I was really disapointed with the breakout. Now like I said the c series might not have that problem but they just seem to be gutless. My suggestion would be to demo some highflow machines from cat, case and deere

Cat's won't lift more than their ROC is rated for, it was a safety issue right from the first year they rolled them out from the factory, many sales reps told me "you'll never get our Cat's ass ends up in the air", it's better to have a machine that can't move an unsafe and heavy load than an operator bouncing around on the front end.

YellowDogSVC
12-27-2007, 07:34 PM
If the new Bobcats will at least make that little fitting on the bottom of the lift cylinders accessible, that will be a HUGE improvement!:rolleyes:

What year are you discussing. On my later s300's I can clearly see the bottom zerk at the rear of the machine for the lift cylinder. Yes, it gets junk in there but I keep it cleaned out and can see it. In bad light I have to take my sunglasses off but other than that it's accessible.

YellowDogSVC
12-27-2007, 11:04 PM

I demoed a 246 b and stalled it in places my s220 and s300 wouldn't stall. Specs show more torque with the 272c vs. s300k I am very curious to see a side by side or talk with someone who has operated both using the high flows and lifting/breakout. Heck, at this point I'd like to rent one if I could find one just to do the tests I'm so curious.

Someone chime in and tell me what the Deere's have to offer for brushgrinding performance. I am curious about the new CASE cab coming out. Have a CASE dealer next to the Bobcat dealer but never really considered CASE before. I haven't been too happy with JD's sales guys when I talked to them about an attachment. Their service was good to very good on dozers but the sales guy wasn't very helpful and lost a 24k sale because of lack of communication skills. When I am spending money I expect competency and communication. (don't sell something you can't explain)

2109 Stang
12-28-2007, 12:00 AM
Cat's won't lift more than their ROC is rated for, it was a safety issue right from the first year they rolled them out from the factory, many sales reps told me "you'll never get our Cat's ass ends up in the air", it's better to have a machine that can't move an unsafe and heavy load than an operator bouncing around on the front end.

Back in 2005 hurricane Wilma pass through my area ,and during the clean up there was a guy with a cat skid steer ,he had some problems with the machine ,put the bucket under a big boulder and lift the back of the machine pretty high off the ground ,remove both rear wheels and left the machine like that for at least a couple of days ,it was a small machine can't remember witch ,but it was obvious that this machine had an amazing hydraulic power .

kreft
12-31-2007, 12:32 AM
How many, what brand, model, trucks do you guys run?