PDA

View Full Version : A little cruel........

bobcat_ron
12-21-2007, 04:06 PM
And maybe a bit sadistic, but this is the Email Christmas card pic I sent to all 3 sales reps at my local Bobcat dealership:

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa284/philly_hill_billy/xmascard2007.jpg

mrsops
12-21-2007, 04:23 PM
That Takes Balls Ron!!!! I Wouldnt Do That You Better Hope You Dont Go Back To Bobcat Lol. Hey Turn That Machine Around On The Trailer You Dont Wanna Go Over 50mph The Trailer Will Sway

YellowDogSVC
12-21-2007, 04:31 PM
i carry my skid like that at 65-70 mph for years though I pull a little further forward.

YellowDogSVC
12-21-2007, 04:32 PM
that's some funny stuff. IF they weren't taking care of you, they deserve it.

PerfectEarth
12-21-2007, 04:33 PM
That's awesome. Like your style.

mrsops
12-21-2007, 04:36 PM
Yeah I Always Turn My Machines Around When There On The Trailers. I Guess Everyone Has There Own Way Of Doing It.

bobcat_ron
12-21-2007, 04:52 PM
I have been loading my T190 on that trailer for years now, that's actually a Dyson 60/40 tilt deck, and a heavy one at best, so there is a lot of weight on the front already, reasons I load it on forwards are:

1) I can see exactly where I am driving up/down before the deck tilts

2) I am one of those "turbo damage due to excessive wind" freaks, so I always keep the exhaust pointed away from the wind.

3) The tie downs are better and easier to get to with the machine forwards, has a lot to do with the wheel fenders and the tie down rails.

4) There is already 1 bucket on the truck deck (a high capacity 74" bucket about 400 lbs in weight) which gives me a better weight spread on all axles.

5) The best reason of all; My business name is on the back of the engine cover, tailgaters have something to read and a phone number to call if they get bored!!

SiteSolutions
12-21-2007, 10:34 PM
I usually face backward. Can you really tear up your turbo from ramming air up your tail pipe?

I think I would need a trailer that's 2 ft longer to load facing front and get good balance.

It would be nice to have that big banner across the back door on display for the world to read instead of me looking at it in my rear view mirror.

bobcat_ron
12-21-2007, 10:59 PM
I've heard of a few stories from companies that do heavy equipment hauling especially the bigger pipes off CAT 345's and up, so I tend to be a little more careful.

Scag48
12-22-2007, 05:10 AM
You could only mess up the turbo IF all of the exhaust valves line up perfectly to allow air flow. Possibe? Yes. Probable? Highly unlikely. That's what I've been told anyway, turbo can't spin because the air has nowhere to go.

bobcat_ron
12-22-2007, 10:45 AM
Dah well, I'm still paranoid about stepping into the shower and not looking at the floor first for that stupid bar of soap.

qps
12-22-2007, 10:52 AM
Seems alittle in bad taste if you ask me....but you won't have to worry about them calling you again.....ever....:dizzy:

bobcat_ron
12-22-2007, 11:04 AM
They never called me anyways, I'd always call in to see if there was an attachment available to rent, but I've been advised not to run their attachments on a continuous basis because Cat is still on the fence as to whether their red colored oil is safe to mix with Bobcat's brand, it'll screw up the oil sampling every 250 hrs, so I think I'll make friends with the Cat Rental store, which is actually closer to my area of work anyways.

qps
12-22-2007, 05:51 PM
They never called me anyways, I'd always call in to see if there was an attachment available to rent, but I've been advised not to run their attachments on a continuous basis because Cat is still on the fence as to whether their red colored oil is safe to mix with Bobcat's brand, it'll screw up the oil sampling every 250 hrs, so I think I'll make friends with the Cat Rental store, which is actually closer to my area of work anyways.

Hope the cat guys treat you well, they give me great service here and I love my 297C and C304CR mini...both seem to be good machines.....

bobcat_ron
12-22-2007, 06:10 PM
Based on how I was treated so far at Finning, I am impressed, ordering parts is a little wierd though, but that's the transformation from a small Mom & Pop operation that Bobcat Country is to a multi-billion dollar North American company, and having a big brother who has a sales rep in his back pocket sure seems to help too!

ksss
12-22-2007, 06:21 PM
That is not something that I would do either. IMHO there is no point in burning bridges no matter if you ever planned on stepping foot in the store or not. My area is too small to do something like that. You never know where your next job may come from. Word and reputation travel fast. No matter what kind of work you do, if people hear your a dick (not saying you are, but the card would seem to portray that) they will likely look elsewhere. I don't like to sh!t where I may want to eat.

bobcat_ron
12-22-2007, 06:34 PM
Bobcat Country knows damn well they are loosing customers, and fast.
It's weird, but people that knew me when I drove by with my T190 on the trailer knew that I always bought the best because that's all there was, but now their heads are really turning when they see the CAT for the first time, everywhere you go you can't help but see some type of CAT product around or being hauled around, that's the way it was with me and the Bobcat people know that it's only a matter of time.

Even the grease monkeys in the Bobcat shop wanted to know how the Cat is put together, I even asked one of them if they'd like to come out to my job site on a weekend and give it a go and try mine out, but he told me that this past Summer at the Construction Equipment show he was caught talking to a Cat rep and even tried out their SSL and he was warned not to do it again, or he'd be out of a job soon.
He was told by someone from management that since he was factory trained, he's got no choice but to stay loyal to the name or he's going to have to start all over again.

Even the last time I talked with the owner of BC, I alway feel uncomfortable around him, like he's trying to see right through me because of my Dad's past history with him.

qps
12-22-2007, 07:56 PM
That is not something that I would do either. IMHO there is no point in burning bridges no matter if you ever planned on stepping foot in the store or not. My area is too small to do something like that. You never know where your next job may come from. Word and reputation travel fast. No matter what kind of work you do, if people hear your a dick (not saying you are, but the card would seem to portray that) they will likely look elsewhere. I don't like to sh!t where I may want to eat.

Shane, my area is large and I have found that the "kill em with kindess" approach works better for me, I agree that people will talk behind your back on how you handle yourself and treat others, best not to give em anything to talk about IMO:laugh:..if Bobcats service is that terrible...it usually takes care of itself sooner or later, no need to rub someone's nose in it...have a Merry Christmas everyone...

Tim

bobcat_ron
12-27-2007, 03:15 PM
Finally got a response today:

From a sales rep from BC:

"Ron, I hope that you are kidding ,for your sake. I have 6 customers who own a Cat CTL and are trying to get out of their lease.I can supply you with names and numbers if you like.Jordan will also have these names and numbers,ask him.( 52 moving parts per side! ) Good luck. P.S. You will have to change your company name to "Ron's Caterpillar Service" ( Copy rights ,the word" Bobcat" is protected)(also, caterpillers are BUGS!)"
Here's my reply:
And here's my rebuttal:
Nope, this is indeed NOT a joke, this is real.

Back in October while moving 400 tons of crushed gravel over an existing gravel drive way on Vedder mountain, off all the 3 days I spent in the T190, I came home sore and very tired. The rigid frame on the T190 was too much for me to keep going. So I was faced with a big decision that I didn't want to make but I knew I had to make one soon due to the Canadian dollar. Get rid of the business an focus more on the excavators (which was much more relaxing) or get a new machine with a better and smoother track ride, so I jumped at the opportunity, Cat was the first choice, Takeuchi and then Deere, both the Takeuchi and Deere scared me some due to not having the same sight lines to the tracks and bucket so Cat was more of an acceptable machine.

The reasons for my purchase were:

(1) smoother ride with better traction and floatation, something that alot of customers were already complaining about due to excessive vibrations as I maneuvered around the barn floors.

(2) a machine with a better track record of (a) pilot controls-I've read alot about the bad track history of Bobcat's E/H system, one shorted wire and everything goes to hell (b) better reliability from the hydraulic system being able to cope with the jack hammer's pressure spikes while in operation-this caused over $4000 in repairs on the T190 due to hoses and fittings rupturing and very annoying slow oil leaks until finally, the entire tank empties out in a diarrhea like fashion. I had the head mechanic at Cat put in a 1/2" line from the main hydraulic manifold to the loader couplers, anytime I do excessive hammer work, the out going hammer line is connected to this hose and it acts like a "return-to-tank" set up on an excavator, as well as a case drain line for the flail mower I run, they have done this on multiple other Cat skid steers over the years and it works excellent.

(3) Cat uses a single, 70/30 radiator with a hydraulic reversible fan for it's cooling system, I know Bobcat uses a variable fan too, but the biggest problems were with radiator debris plugging and regular cleaning, I've had to clean those damn rads on the T190 at least 3 times in one week, the Cat system is so efficient, there isn't even a temperature gauge, this is the same set up that they use on the big Cat 563 roller/compactor that my brother owns, never over heats or runs hot. If the rad plugs up, the fan reverses. Also, Cat uses a separate remote radiator for the A/C, mounted behind the cab in front of the engine with 2 electric fans, and it only requires minimal power to operate the A/C compressor. Bobcat has a very small (and somewhat inefficient) radiator on top of the 2 cooling rads, this was where the plugging problem was evident. Radiator cleaning (if any) is quickly done by flipping the entire assembly up and blowing out the debris. Bobcat's was a real chore, I hated doing it everytime.

(4) much less engine noise and hydraulic noise, I recently had the chance to operate a new S185 with a full ERPOS (no A/C) from a customer and I was impressed, but not with the noise from the engine, I still found myself having to idle the engine just to talk with some one at the side of the engine. all the jobsite I have used my 247B@ on, everyone is surprised at how easy the communications is now, they can stand right beside me with out even idling the engine down.

(5) greasing is much, much faster, all the grease fittings are counter sunk in the pins, and they are all pointing out, I timed myself how long it would take to grease every fitting, it only took me 2 minutes, the Bobcats need to have the bucket removed (as I don't use a flexible hose on the end of the grease gun) just to get the 2 big main tilt pin fittings, my T190 took 10 minutes on a bad day. Also, every Bobcat has a fitting at the end of the loader's lift cylinder located in the side of the machine and down low, this fitting broke 3 times on the T190, and cost me $100 to have replaced, and it always broke when I had to grease it through that damn little hole, and it usually broke off. the t190 was a real ***** to get that fitting greased, that hole always got clogged with mud and eventually I gave up on it 1000 hours ago.

(6) The biggest reason of all - QUALITY. 10 years ago, Bobcat was the cream of the crop, everyone wanted one, and when they started to put A/C in the bigger units, they were considered Cadillacs. Now I consider them a joke. The biggest problems I had (see reasons #3 & #5) were (a) the lower loader arms where the Quick Attach pivot pins are located, I cracked one arm back in '05 and I could see an obvious flaw, it was hollow inside, only solid where the pin goes through, then in '06 I cracked the other side, both sides cost me $1000 in total. Why did this crack? Too much abuse? No. Was I lifting too much weight? No. Maybe it was the tapered pin? Maybe.
The cause was evident in September, I had 3 cracks running down the Q/A frame, this was caused by excessive packing of mud and dirt whenever the Q/A was curled in the up position, that placed an enormous stress on the loader arms where they cracked, it also caused the Q/A to crack right along the sides just below where the bucket cylinders meet and just below the grease fitting for the wedge pins.
Cat's Q/A still has the same packing problems, but their loader arms are solid all the way up to the cab, no tapered pins, and the Q/A is in front of the loader arms, similar to the old 853 used to have, this is very strong and much easier on the loader. When I put both my T190 and the 247's Q/A frames side by side, I was amazed by how strong the Cat's was, more "beef" all around, whereas the Bobcat looked flimsy.
(b) the cabs still haven't changed since '99, the vents for the A/C are still the same and the entire cab is still poorly sealed, I remember changing both the outer and inner cab air filter almost 8 times a year, Bobcat's outer filter is in the wrong spot, right below the rear window where alot of snow and brush cutting debris builds up, Cat's in on the side of the cab, and their (Cat) filters are just a washable foam element, the inner filters are only $5 to replace and they last alot longer than the older B series did. The last time I was on the yard, I popped open the cab of a new T320 to see if they had made any changes to the cabs for '08, none what so ever, the only nice "new" feature was the door latch on the front door, that was nice.
I could go on and on about the differences but there are just too many to type. I am a person that notices the little things on different brands, and the way I saw it, Cat made more positive changes (that I can see) to their machines in the past 2 years than Bobcat could have made in the past 10 years. the competition is getting ahead of Bobcat and some people say that Bobcat is gong to ride their name and reputation into the ground if they don't do something real fast.
(c) after 500 hours on my T190, every major bucket pin was showing signs of "slop", no matter how often they were greased or what type of grease was used, they got sloppier as time went on, I see this as a common problem on even the Bobcat mini excavators on rental, and even the customers that own one, all say that there is already slop in the pins, this is unacceptable, even my Dad's little Hitachi EX27 only has 689 hrs and the bucket pins are tighter than they ever were, and we both hardly grease it at all. My Cat 247 uses rubber O-rings on the main tilt pins, that's all I have to say about that.

With that now said, I am fully aware of the ASV suspended undercarriage benefits and their huge downside and even bigger Cost Of Operating (C.O.O) the reason you have clearly stated that you have a list of owners wanting to get out of their lease with the Cat MTL's is due to the fact that they are not familiar with the expression "it's all about the nutt behind the butt", buy a new MTL, put an operator into it that knows nothing of the ASV system and knows nothing of how to handle one with out doing damage, and YES, after 200 hours the owner will be paying some bills. I have treated this MTL like a rubber tired machine, do too much spinning and careless ****, and you'll blow a tire so to speak, but treat it with care, maintain it and enjoy the benefits of a smoother, more productive ride, and it pays off. I only intend to keep this machine for 2 years or 1000 hours as most of the time it's just a tax write off when I'm busy working with my brother's company. I can afford to take a hit of $100 a month on a few new roller wheels, after all, since Caterpillar's "inspiration", they have got a very simplified undercarriage with less maintenance and less up keep, a good example is replacement of a roller wheel- 1 hour to do it from start to finish, jack up the machine, back off the track tension (if needed) remove the 8 1" bolts that hold the roller to the bearing hub, replace with new roller wheel and new bolts, tighten and torque to 35 ft/lbs, lower machine and readjust track tension. All this can be done on a week end with common tools and one person, so I intend to do any (if any) track maintenance myself.

My line of work has also changed from the start back in 2003, no longer do I need a "bulldozer" of a CTL, or else I would have bought a Deere 322, I just need a machine that is more reliable, quieter and smoother to move bulk material from point A to point B and keep me as comfortable as possible. The COO doesn't scare me as previously stated, there are some people that are willing to pay more for a smoother ride.

When the T190 was traded off at 1782 hrs, at the 2000 hour mark it would have need new tracks, new sprockets, new rear idlers, possibly new front idlers and the rollers were questionable, and not to mention the entire quick attach plate would have had to be replaced and the pins and bushings, this at an estimated online cost of over $6000 including labor. Too much, I can't take a hit of that after 2000 hours, no way. And what did all those hours give me? Constant knee pain from the floor pedals and a severe lack of energy at the end of the day from all the vibrations that the tracks gave me with a loaded 68" combo bucket loaded with sand traveling over barn floors.

My decision to buy a Cat, has in no way, anything remotely associated to all the years that Bobcat Country has given me over the years, I was always treated fairly and in a means that was always respectable, and I appreciated that. This decision was made due to above reasons, if the ASV system had been offered on any Bobcat model, I would have stuck with Bobcat, but then again, the above reasons would come back to haunt me.

I will still make the phone call to arrange rentals on Bobcat attachments from time to time, but please don't take this the hard way.

Also, your lack of knowledge of the ASV system leaves me to wonder when the last time was you physically looked at the undercarriages on the 247/257, I only have 12 major moving parts on each side, making it 48(not including the "squirrel cage") not the 52 moving parts that you claim, and there is a steel roller at the end of the tracks, that was one of the many improvements made as that roller took the brunt of the trapped material in the tracks.

And by the way, not to brag or anything, but here are the numbers:

2007 Cat 247B2, loaded, (A/C, sat. radio, poly window, work tool harness, hyd. coupler, case drain, and 68" bucket) $44,200 - that was locked in when the dollar was at the highest level, even though it was on their (Finning) yard for 1 month, I saved some major money 1 week later when the dollar dropped.

2003 T190 with 68" C/I bucket (loaded) trade in value: $23,500

plus $8200 on IR payout, and additional fees and taxes = $33,000 (rounded up)

48 months with 4.65% interest, 3 months balloon payments of $1200, then payments of $740 per month, $300 cheaper than the T190 I was paying for, that's where the C.O.O can easily be taken from.

Scag48
12-27-2007, 04:00 PM
That's a little distasteful for my liking. Hopefully it doesn't come back to bite you in the ass, I definately wouldn't be shooting my mouth off to a dealer who I used to buy from. I wouldn't bother going to them for rentals, they're going to blow you off, I would if I were them. Just my thoughts. Burning bridges is something I don't do, life is too short and business is too complicated as it is to trap yourself in a corner.

Construct'O
12-27-2007, 04:05 PM
Ron i would first off,would be changing my business name,even before now. There's one and i'm sure others will help.No punt intended .Okay."Give'M Hell Ron"s CAT Service"

I'm pretty sure the sales rep probably deleted your response,after only a few paragraghs.If it was mailed,filed under file 13.I'm sure you got the point across tho.:)

I just hope it doesn't come back to haunt you on down the road.There are always people out there that can cause you grief.

You might want to watch your back.LIke in chaining down your machine "everytime" now, even if your moving it only a little ways.Don't leave it out on jobs,etc.

Happy New Years is coming up.I don't think i would send them another card for the new year.Best of luck for coming year!!!!!!:usflag:

bobcat_ron
12-27-2007, 04:44 PM
Nah, I think I'll make up a card for next year's Season's Greetings though, with extreme close ups of the tracks and hour meter.

But I still can't get over how much of a cry baby that one rep was, telling me to change my business name, I'll change it when all the other non Bobcat owners stop using the Bobcat name to describe their business and skidsteers.

ksss
12-27-2007, 05:01 PM
Well, you were thorough. The biggest issue is your letter lacks credibility. You have like no time in your MTL. The time to send a letter like that (if there ever came a time) would be after you put 1000 or so hours on it. You are then speaking from a position of knowledge. Your at this time reduced to regurgitating CAT marketing information. The truth is you have no idea how the machine is going to hold up. Your new to MTLs and your running a new series machine and outside of CAT R&D few really know what to expect, other than it better be better than the last series machines. The machine and some of its components are new and there are not many out yet. Way to soon to be making wild claims. Example, QPS has had his rollers replaced on his 297C those types of things happen to all OEMs especially on new machines. You will likely have your share as well.

Your T190 may have been a POS, but your CAT might be as well. At this honeymoon stage that your in now, probably was similiar to the honeymoon stage in the T190. New is always nice. Time and useage will be the best yard stick of what kind of machine you got. It maybe a good match to what kind of work you do or it may not. My hunch is unless the work your doing in the future is different than the kinds of work you did with your T190 you will be seeing a substanial jump in operating costs given the amount of repairs needed on your T190 (goes back to the "nut behind the butt thing").

If I felt like burning a bridge I would have waited until I knew what I was talking about concerning my new machine (informing them of the issues with the T190 is fine as I see it. 1st hand experience and so it is credible and BC needs to know what the issues are so they can be improved upon). Again, overall not my style but if it works for you.........thats all that matters. Good luck, hopefully you wont be having three squares of Crow when you reach the 1000-1500 hour mark.

04superduty
12-27-2007, 05:05 PM
a local rental place bought a mini ex,ihi i think, it was light blue if that means a thing. anyway they had been buying all bobcat equipment before but decided to try out something different. when the rental shop owner went to the bobcat shop one of the sales guys who had found out about the mini purchase told him to get the f-out. he was not joking around at all. makes you wonder how bobcat is really doing with PR like this.

bobcat_ron
12-27-2007, 05:09 PM
After a 1000 hours or 2 years, which ever comes first, either I get rid of the MTL for a new MTL or I'm completely out of the business all together, it can go both ways.

But as far as the honeymoon state, at 20 hrs on the T190, I was having major cooling problems with the rads plugging up and the stupid belts all had to be tightened up. And there was a strange electrical glitch that always killed a fuse.

cat2
12-27-2007, 05:16 PM
If the Cat turns out to be junk. what brand will you be going to then?

mrsops
12-27-2007, 05:19 PM
hey ron all that stuff is under warranty for 12 months so they have to fix the problem. t190 is a great machine!!

Fieldman12
12-27-2007, 06:34 PM
I think it was good Bobcat ron that you let them know what you did not like with the Bobcat. As far as the Cat machine I think it is really too early to tell if it was a good purchase or not. For the most part I think it will server you well as far as comfort and welds go on the machine. The undercarriage I am just not sure it has the bugs worked out yet. Yes, there has been some changes to it but not no record amount. It is interesting that they did respond to you. As far as the story that 04supeduty tells about the guy getting kicked out of the Bobcat shop. Well that is just plain BS. IF they kicked me out of a dealership like that I would have it on the front page of the newspaper the next day. Maybe not that far but I would raise a stink. We buy all different brands of equipment and also some of the same brands from different out of the area dealers. We have yet to have that issue. I mean yeah they may not be happy but in my opinion you or your product may be doing something wrong. Heck maybe the dealer and the product was great. Sometimes a guy just wants something different.

dozerman21
12-27-2007, 06:49 PM
My decision to buy a Cat, has in no way, anything remotely associated to all the years that Bobcat Country has given me over the years, I was always treated fairly and in a means that was always respectable, and I appreciated that. This decision was made due to above reasons, if the ASV system had been offered on any Bobcat model, I would have stuck with Bobcat, but then again, the above reasons would come back to haunt me.

I will still make the phone call to arrange rentals on Bobcat attachments from time to time, but please don't take this the hard way.

Why rub their nose in your new machine purchase if you didn't have any beef with the dealer? It sounds like all of your complaints and dislikes have to with Bobcat the brand, not the individual dealer. They don't make or engineer the machine, so why not stay on good terms with the dealer, especially if you still want to rent from them? There's no reason to burn a bridge like that. Salesman, service managers, mechanics, on down the line, leave one dealership to take a better job with someone else all the time. About that crow...

Definetly not how I would have handled it... maybe it works for you.

Fieldman12
12-27-2007, 07:05 PM
bobcat Ron I thought you or someone you knew had some issues with this dealer? Maybe I read something wrong in the past.

mrsops
12-27-2007, 07:21 PM
bobcat ron maybe your mad because they didnt give you a good price on a t300 lol

bobcat_ron
12-27-2007, 08:12 PM
If the Cat turns out to be junk. what brand will you be going to then?

Sticking to Cat, regardless of whether it's junk, a big company can fix things faster than a little company can, even if they know that they can go out on a limb further for the little guy.

hey ron all that stuff is under warranty for 12 months so they have to fix the problem. t190 is a great machine!!

The tracks are under a 1500 hr or 1 year warranty and the machine is under a 2 year or 2000 hr warranty, but the tracks have a mathematical equation that gets calculated if there is damage and the customer suspects the damage should be warrantied.

Why rub their nose in your new machine purchase if you didn't have any beef with the dealer? It sounds like all of your complaints and dislikes have to with Bobcat the brand, not the individual dealer. They don't make or engineer the machine, so why not stay on good terms with the dealer, especially if you still want to rent from them? There's no reason to burn a bridge like that. Salesman, service managers, mechanics, on down the line, leave one dealership to take a better job with someone else all the time. About that crow...

Definetly not how I would have handled it... maybe it works for you.

You'd be surprised how that dealer handles these "complaints", they are always on a first name basis with the people they deal with at the Bobcat factory. 2 years ago I even spoke with an R & D guy who called me toll free regarding in issue I had with converting my T190 to a K series fan system, he said they are working on that as most machines that roll off the line have an extra port on the pumps, but it's an expensive, but "do-able" option.

bobcat Ron I thought you or someone you knew had some issues with this dealer? Maybe I read something wrong in the past.

My Dad had issues with them after being kicked off by the owner back in '92, but that's a story for another thread.

bobcat ron maybe your mad because they didnt give you a good price on a t300 lol

I've run a T300 and it has all the same issues that my T190 had, very rough ride and it had the same "dead zone" problem in the loader when lifting large amounts of weight, that was shown in the vids from Deere, both the 190 and 300. If I ever had to buy a CTL that big, it's either Deere or a Cat 277.
Or suck up my pride and look at a C...C..........Ca..........Case.

Oooh, I like multi-qouting, so much fun!!!

qps
12-27-2007, 08:22 PM
I know my CAT brother....I to have problems even saying the word case....:cry:...

Dirt Digger2
12-27-2007, 08:31 PM
Sticking to Cat, regardless of whether it's junk, a big company can fix things faster than a little company can, even if they know that they can go out on a limb further for the little guy.

Why?...CAT parts take longer then any other part to come in, CAT dealers...around here anyway...don't give small time guys like you the time of day, seems that the dealers wont even talk to you unless you have at least $300K in CAT machines. We do all our own service so I can't say how the dealer service is, but a few other local guys who have taken their C-12 Petes in to be worked on...and thats another story...have had nothing but problems with CAT not wanting to acknowledge their warranties. Maybe it is different north of the border, but for some reason i doubt it

mrsops
12-27-2007, 08:40 PM
thats why i never bought a cat dealer service wasnt as good as bobcat.. my bobcat salesman some times brings my parts right to me from new jersey to new york

tnmtn
12-27-2007, 11:02 PM
when i got my B300 i had been looking at a new one at thew bobcat shop. they wanted full retail for it. i had been apoproved for a s185 and was looking more at the tlb. during the time i was thinking about it i found one used with minimal hours for half price w/ trailer and a few attchments included. ended up going with the used one. i called the salesman and explained what i had found and i appreciated all his work with me and i would visit him for any repairs needed on the machine. he became much more distant it at that point. when it came time later that i was looking for a mini skid, i went back to bobcat first. didn't like the mt-55 controls and checked to see what they had for a used full size skid. i took note of the prices he quoted and continued shopping. went by the cat dealer and the salesman there has been great. got a great price on a used dingo. i am very small time at this point and was suprised to get a few follow up calls over the last years asking how it was doing, no hard sell bs. last call was a merry christmas message. i am not a cat man but this dealer has been great. fair prices and great support. in the near future i plan to buy a full sized hoe and will definitly give cat a shot at a sale. no plans for anything from bobcat at this point. i do still rent from them and try to stay friendly. i don't feel it is anything personnal to shop more than one dealer when making big purchases and bobcat hasn't been winning the contest for me lately. they still seem more concerned about my last purchase than what my next one will be. wish them well though. i wouldn't have gone as far as you did ron but thumbs up to you for doing it. they need to realize how things have changed and aggressively fix the problem or start reading up on other brands.
good luck

bobcat_ron
12-27-2007, 11:20 PM
Why?...CAT parts take longer then any other part to come in, CAT dealers...around here anyway...don't give small time guys like you the time of day, seems that the dealers wont even talk to you unless you have at least $300K in CAT machines. We do all our own service so I can't say how the dealer service is, but a few other local guys who have taken their C-12 Petes in to be worked on...and thats another story...have had nothing but problems with CAT not wanting to acknowledge their warranties. Maybe it is different north of the border, but for some reason i doubt it

My rep brought me the parts I had ordered, his home is on the other side of the river, I'm just on his trip home basically.
Finning is actually seeing more sales now from the compact equipment lines and they know if they want more customers, they'll make better improvements. Like I have always said, just because you or someone you may know was not treated fairly at a certain Cat dealership, doesn't mean that all their dealerships will treat you the same. Since Finning is a main branch for pretty much the entire lower part of British Columbia, they will have the parts in 1 day for you, just call ahead and pick it up anytime between 7am and 9pm.

Scag48
12-28-2007, 03:48 AM
[QUOTE=Dirt Digger2;2077169]Why?...CAT parts take longer then any other part to come in, CAT dealers...around here anyway...don't give small time guys like you the time of day=QUOTE]

You guys need to realize this is a DEALERSHIP issue, not a Cat issue. It's YOUR fault for not calling them out on their service and calling up Cat corporate. I guarantee those boys in sales would be singing a different tune when you walk in the door.

Your local Cat dealer sounds crappy, parts are stocked here and if they don't have them, they're free. Not a bad deal.

ksss
12-28-2007, 04:21 AM
I know my CAT brother....I to have problems even saying the word case....:cry:...

It will get easier, just keep practicing.:)

ksss
12-28-2007, 04:48 AM
s
That might be a stretch. A lot descripters come to my mind when talking about the T190 but great is not one of them. I will say your consistant, the S205 specs mimic the T190 so if you like the one it would follow that you like the other (performance wise). Goes back to application I guess.

qps
12-28-2007, 06:46 AM
It will get easier, just keep practicing.:)

My name is Tim.......and I'm a CAT addict:drinkup:

JDSKIDSTEER
12-28-2007, 07:04 AM
We can enroll you into a CA program...lol :laugh:

Construct'O
12-28-2007, 08:19 AM

At one point i thought you was going to be a Deere brother.:weightlifter::drinkup:

jrdean62
12-28-2007, 09:01 AM
There are few companies here in Maryland the advertise Bobcat Services. But when they show up at the job have ASV's on their trailers.

jrdean62
12-28-2007, 09:25 AM
I know that Doosan recently bought Bobcat. Is there any word about what Doosan plans to do with the Bobcat line?

qps
12-28-2007, 11:44 AM
At one point i thought you was going to be a Deere brother.:weightlifter::drinkup:

If it had pilots....I may had very well been....whew....it was close..........still a very nice machine....:weightlifter:

bobcat_ron
12-28-2007, 12:20 PM
I know that Doosan recently bought Bobcat. Is there any word about what Doosan plans to do with the Bobcat line?

Whatever they do, it'll be five years at least before we see something roll off the factory floor, kinda like when the 864 was caught in a "spy photo", took about a year for it to come out.

ksss
12-28-2007, 12:45 PM

My brother Tim "Like all things, this too shall pass."

bobcat_ron
12-28-2007, 12:49 PM
.........Like bad gas.

qps
12-28-2007, 02:56 PM
My brother Tim "Like all things, this too shall pass."

We can only hope:laugh:..keep me in your prayers

DiyDave
12-28-2007, 08:07 PM
Bobcat Ron- if you really want to get them PO'd, just put a big X through the Bobcat, and hand print CAT LOADER in its place!:drinkup:

bobcat_ron
12-28-2007, 08:22 PM
The only response I got from the sales rep I emailed was "......I will glady take that 247 in on trade in a year or two........"

Yeah, right.

Lazer_Z
12-29-2007, 10:14 AM
The only response I got from the sales rep I emailed was "......I will gladly take that 247 in on trade in a year or two........"

Yeah, right.The only trading I see you doing Ron is into another Cat. :drinkup:

bobcat_ron
12-29-2007, 10:52 AM
Yeah, no kidding, even if Cat made the C Series into the 247/257 in a year, I'd trade off my B2 for the C series.