PDA

View Full Version : X-Mas surprise!!!!!

Big C
12-21-2007, 06:13 PM
:drinkup::drinkup:I've been looking at mowers for the past several monthes and finally decided on a WB as a good starter mower for my business....and I was planning on getting it in late Jan.-early Feb.....thats until my wife informed me that i am the proud owner of a new Better Outdoor Product Quick 36 mower that she purchased for me for Chrismas.....I feel like kid again!!!!!!

racer56
12-21-2007, 06:28 PM
Very cool man I've been looking at them as well.

greg1
12-21-2007, 06:30 PM
Your gonna luv it! It's a great piece of equipment.:weightlifter:

BUCKEYE MOWING
12-21-2007, 07:02 PM
Welcome to the BOP family !! Congrats.... When is it supposed to arrive ??

topsites
12-21-2007, 07:32 PM
Wow that's a really nice starter machine, way better than what I had, gratz!

JayD
12-21-2007, 08:08 PM
Wow that's a really nice starter machine, way better than what I had, gratz!

Wow, you better give your wife a big kiss for that one. Take some pix and show us your new toy. It beats the 12 pair of socks that I'm gonna get!
I wished that my wife would just be turned on about the mowing business as I am. :cry:

willjones4
12-22-2007, 12:05 AM
It beats the 12 pair of socks that I'm gonna get!

beats the nothing Im gonna get, too, nice score...

Jay Ray
12-23-2007, 09:49 PM
:drinkup::drinkup:I've been looking at mowers for the past several monthes and finally decided on a WB as a good starter mower for my business....and I was planning on getting it in late Jan.-early Feb.....thats until my wife informed me that i am the proud owner of a new Better Outdoor Product Quick 36 mower that she purchased for me for Chrismas.....I feel like kid again!!!!!!

That's a gift that will keep on giving. Merry Christmas and a great New Year over in Gonzales.

EJD Lawnpride
12-23-2007, 10:09 PM
So what do you buy the Wife?

Grits
12-23-2007, 10:12 PM
Wow, you better give your wife a big kiss for that one. Take some pix and show us your new toy. It beats the 12 pair of socks that I'm gonna get!I wished that my wife would just be turned on about the mowing business as I am. :cry:

Man! You're gonna get socks!!!!! I won't get anything. Dang kids get all the stuff.

Bumblebee the mower
12-23-2007, 10:48 PM
I have seen the literature on them, but what do you do about a dealer if the things goes down? And its still under warranty?

jaybow
12-23-2007, 11:30 PM

This was my first year and I also started off using a quick 36 samarai. They are good mowers.

jaybow
12-23-2007, 11:47 PM
Welcome to the BOP family !! Congrats.... When is it supposed to arrive ??

How Do you like the step-saver

BUCKEYE MOWING
12-23-2007, 11:49 PM
Depends on the account ...but on most I love having the option to use it.

fastcat
12-24-2007, 12:16 AM
i started with a lawn chief that i paid 200 for and a bagger that i made that looked like a rabbit cage.

Valk
12-24-2007, 04:50 AM
Am getting ready to pull the trigger on a 36 Sami (or a new 32) as my first wb...sounds like a helluva mower!!

Any advantages/disadvantages to a 3 (12") blade setup vs a 2 (16") blade setup with regard to mulching? Seems like the blade tip speed would inherently be higher with the longer blades...is this a big deal, or just hype?

Does the aluminum bagger look heavy duty enough? What if it needs a repair...can't weld aluminum?
Which of the accessories are worth getting?

Thanks!

Big C
12-24-2007, 12:21 PM
For sure the step-saver (velke) and I got my choice of gator blades, mulch kit or an engine service kit free, I chose the gator mulching blades.....i am still waiting to get it, due to x-mas delays with shipping, it will ship on 12/26.

jaybow
12-24-2007, 01:59 PM
Am getting ready to pull the trigger on a 36 Sami (or a new 32) as my first wb...sounds like a helluva mower!!

Any advantages/disadvantages to a 3 (12") blade setup vs a 2 (16") blade setup with regard to mulching? Seems like the blade tip speed would inherently be higher with the longer blades...is this a big deal, or just hype?

Does the aluminum bagger look heavy duty enough? What if it needs a repair...can't weld aluminum?

Thanks!
The bagger is fine I used it all summer.The company that makes these baggers does a great job with the welds.

Matts lawn care
12-24-2007, 02:44 PM

Thanks!

Advantages allows the mower to be a bit smaller and save some trailer space.
As far as mulching there is not a true mulching kit for the quick series mower but I haven't noticed any difference when I was using a friends 36" toro besides a trail on the right side.

I ran the bagger into a tree and it just bounced off. The welds on that thing are beautiful but I don have experience with welding aluminum or whatever you do to it.

If I were you I would get the landscaper pro pack. I just got some extra blades a few belts and the mulch kit with my super duty. When I look back I should have got it all at I time and save some $ on shipping.

I use the step-saver on all open areas and property's bigger that 1/4 acre. It saves your energy big time. I notices a saving of 10-15 minutes on 1/2 t0 1/3 acre property's

If I were you I would get the sam. If you have any more questions just ask.

Jay Ray
12-24-2007, 02:50 PM
i started with a lawn chief that i paid 200 for and a bagger that i made that looked like a rabbit cage.

Could you make that bagger double as a leaf plow? Just kidding.:laugh:

Harry1958
12-24-2007, 03:28 PM
WOW! sounds like a great gift, something thats actually going to MAKE you $$$$ this year, Happy Holidays and Happy New Year Good Mowing ahead!!! Harry 1958

deere615
12-24-2007, 06:05 PM
Awesome present, congratulations.

Valk
12-25-2007, 12:53 AM
Big C, jaybow, Matts lc...thank you gentlemen...good info there. Keep it coming!

Am still curious as to opinions on 3 shorter blades vs 2 longer blades for all aspects of cut quality re: side discharge and mulching? How far do the clippings travel in side-discharge mode?

Big C
12-25-2007, 02:02 AM
I'll let you know the details as soon as I get it...it should be delivered the first week of Jan.

MJS
12-25-2007, 12:31 PM
Yeah, and post some pictures, too.

It sounds great (really I'm just jealous) :laugh: