PDA

View Full Version : Amsoil 25,000 mile oil change

AmsoilPower
12-21-2007, 10:04 PM
Changing to Amsoil in your trucks can save you money, time, increased fuel economy, eliminate harmful engine sludge, less engine wear and better cold weather start-up. All this and has no affect on your warranty. It does not matter what the manufacturers tell you, as long as the oil meets or exceeds their specs, they cannot void your warranty. All Amsoil products exceed specs set by the OEM's. Transmissions can get hot pulling trailers during the summer months. Amsoil ATF runs up to 50 degrees cooler than conventional ATF. All this plus, and Amsoil guarantees the product. They will provide independent testing if a failure occurs if fluid is believed to be the cause.

Reduce our need for foreign oil.:usflag:

Jason Rose
12-21-2007, 10:14 PM
Ummm ok... So the oil I use now "meets or exceeds OEM standards" so if I leave it in there for 25,000 miles and the engine takes a dump I'm covered? Dosn't matter what brand of oil, I don't care if it came from outer space, it still needs changed at regular intervals, synthetic or dino.

KS_Grasscutter
12-21-2007, 10:28 PM
My mowing truck would burn 6 or 8 oil changes worth of oil in that time period:laugh:

AmsoilPower
12-21-2007, 10:34 PM
If you run a synthetic oil you have very little to no sludge build-up in your crankcase, top that off w/ a premium synthetic media filter why change at 3000 miles?? You are wasting $$$$$$$.

Lawn Enforcer
12-21-2007, 11:49 PM
I run Amsoil in everything, from my truck to my trimmers. It is great stuff! Plus, you don't have to change oil all the time in the truck, more free time!

Victor
12-22-2007, 12:18 AM
I run Amsoil all my vehicles. Great stuff.

backhoe1
12-22-2007, 12:28 AM
The only way I'd even consider using the stuuf is if you gave it to me free of charge.But, I'd still change at 3,000 miles.

Anybody ever think about the fact that if you're not changing the oil regularly, you're probably not checking other vital fluid levels (ie: diffs, t-case etc.), tires, suspension, brakes, leaks. any of these things overlooked could become catastrophic and cost a heck of alot more than an oil change!

Servicing a vehicle is alot more complex than pulling the plug and spinning on a filter.

just my take on the topic

Andrew
ASE certified Master Technician

AmsoilPower
12-22-2007, 12:39 AM
Well, it sounds like you would use it. I see you are a ASE tech. Do you not feel synthetic oils are superior than conventionals? If so, why would still change every 3000 miles?

backhoe1
12-22-2007, 12:49 AM
I never said that it was BAD, I just don't agree with not changing it for 25K.
Where does all the moisture go?
How about dirt and foreign matter?
How would you know if there was something in the crankcase that shouldn't be? (fuel, antifreeze, etc.) 25,000 miles could mean the difference between repair and replacement.

siklid1066
12-22-2007, 10:55 AM
That sounds like common sense too me !All these new oils we talk about are break down factors.But certain elements pass through the best filters and the only way to get rid of them is.OIL CHANGE! Trust me, Ive learned the hard way by saying Ill do it next week.

lwcmattlifter
12-22-2007, 05:34 PM
You all are forgetting a critical part of extended oil change intervals. They are useless without a bypass filter.

dave k
12-22-2007, 07:39 PM
Where do you buy it at, on line?
What about for a 2500 HD Chevy Duramax Diesel?

IA_James
12-22-2007, 07:53 PM
So are you guys planning on getting API certified soon?

carcrz
12-22-2007, 09:03 PM
I've been running it in the Cummins for a year now. I run it 10K before changing it. It still gets black from the soot, but it runs quieter overall. I really noticed a difference when I switched from Valvoline Synthetic to the Amsoil.

carcrz
12-22-2007, 09:03 PM
Forgot to mention, they say to still change the filters every 5K or something like that. Or, they were saying that last time I checked anyways.

AmsoilPower
12-23-2007, 12:30 AM
You can buy it online, or over the phone and it is shipped to you. If you have no dealer associated to you, I can help. Amsoil is sold thru a dealer network and regardless of how you but it, a dealer is getting credit for the sale. Even if you buy it from a retail store somewhere, a dealer is responsible for setting that store up. Amsoil does this to help the small business owner who wants to sell it. They will not go to the big box stores and allow them to sell it and drive the little guys like me out of biz. Commercial accounts are available and actually same you the most $$$. If you visit my online store the prices listed are retail. If you sign as Preferred Customer or a commercial account you will save 20-30%. I can give any of you a price list for if wanted. All I need is a email address and I can send it to you in a pdf form. Would love to help any of you.:usflag:

AmsoilPower
12-23-2007, 12:37 AM
If you use the EAO oil filters in conjunction w/ Amsoil you can go 25,000 miles on 1 filter. That filter is guaranteed for that mileage or 1 year whichever comes first. You would have to change the filter every 3-5000 miles if you use any other brand of filter like Fram,etc. Amsoil also has a 7500 miles/6 month oil change program.

topsites
12-23-2007, 02:39 AM
So you guys would rattle off stuff from the literature Amsoil sends you to try and sell it to me, but you wouldn't believe me when I told you synth was better than dino?

Just pickin' :rolleyes:

tthomass
12-23-2007, 04:17 PM
I think oil is over rated......I just pop the head and spray a little WD40 in there once a year. :)

DaughtryLC
12-23-2007, 04:23 PM
I know some of you guys LOVE Amsoil, but I have an 1987 Mustang and It never used oil until Amsiol. Switched back and it never used again!!

carcrz
12-23-2007, 04:41 PM
was it a switch to Synthetic also or had you already been using synthetics?

DaughtryLC
12-23-2007, 04:51 PM
Best I can remember it was a total switch. but this was mid 90s so in amsoils defense they have probably come a long way in 10 or so yrs. and yes I still have the car! bought in 92

Tim Wright
12-23-2007, 05:08 PM
I also made the switches from oil to synthetic, and every time, my engines start leaking and using oil.

Tim

carcrz
12-23-2007, 05:11 PM
That's what I was getting at Tim. On worn motors, synthetics have a tendency to find ways of escaping, where regular oils must be thicker I guess. I know I couldn't run a straight synthetic on my Z34 or my grand prix. But the Cummins does just fine since it is newer & just barely breaking in.

Lawn Enforcer
12-23-2007, 08:14 PM
My uncle's truck started leaking oil after he put Amsoil in it, my mechanic told me old trucks like that, when they switch over to Amsoil (it had 178,000 miles) tend to leak oil. My dad has been using Amsoil for many, many years. He has NEVER had any engine problems or oil-related problems in any of his vehicles, plus, the only time he needs to add oil is because our car leaks sometimes. Amsoil's oil filters are built well, they can handle the 1 year change intervals.