PDA

View Full Version : creative ways to make money in off season

schunklawn
12-22-2007, 06:32 PM
hey guys...just wondering what you all are doing to make some cash right now...i sell firewood and plow, but i was wondering if there is anything else i would want to get involved with for this time of the year....any creative thoughts will be fun to hear...

No Bunk Lawn Care

Grits
12-22-2007, 06:35 PM
hey guys...just wondering what you all are doing to make some cash right now...i sell firewood and plow, but i was wondering if there is anything else i would want to get involved with for this time of the year....any creative thoughts will be fun to hear...

No Bunk Lawn Care

Heck man, you said you have grossed 1.5 million this year. Take some time off.

schunklawn
12-22-2007, 08:05 PM
lol...that was just an very stretched example...i don't like to sit around...might as well keep bringin in cash....

No Bunk

Whitey4
12-22-2007, 08:20 PM
Buy a "Pooper Scooper" and.....

IN2MOWN
12-22-2007, 08:24 PM
Why not take some time off? The only thing I do is snow removal after all my cleanups are done.

topsites
12-23-2007, 04:25 AM
The easiest way is to run some off on the printer, just don't spend it, look at it until satisfied, then shred it.
There, you made money.

Playing Monopoly can be fun and relaxing, too.

MJS
12-23-2007, 10:50 AM
The easiest way is to run some off on the printer, just don't spend it, look at it until satisfied, then shred it.
There, you made money.

Make money: :laugh: I don't think that's what he meant, but okay.

The only period I have no real work is between Jan and March when there's no snow. Otherwise, I'm occupied with some kind of work.

birdturd9726
12-23-2007, 02:01 PM
"you can do it eBay"

Diesel-1984
12-27-2007, 03:45 AM
There, you made money.

That was good man, I got a good laugh, maybe I'll try and get my girlfriend to try that so she'll start saving some of her money, dought it will work though, lol

AI Inc
12-27-2007, 08:49 AM
I have a lot of customers with arteasean well eads and septic candycanes in their yards. I have thought of building wishing wells in the winter and selling them come spring. Give them options for just well, well and mulch + shrubs+ other plantings.

MUDFLAP
12-28-2007, 11:44 AM
I flip 1 property a year, nice winter project, average $15-$20,000, of my yearly income from that, your money is made or lost at the point of purchase on those, so it takes some time to find a good one. some of them i bought in june or july, and just sit on it until my off season.

grassnazi1
12-28-2007, 06:39 PM
if your handy, look into doing stupid assembly work on a contract basis with Walmart, home depot, etc. A lot of those places outsource there moneky work. I.E. assemble grills, bikes, snowblowers, shelving, the list goes on and on and all you need to do is walk into a Walmart and speak with the manager, they'll say they are all set and hand them your business card. They'll call in like 2 weeks.... Have 5 home depots and 5 Walmarts that I currently assemble products for currently... Trying for Kmart now, but Sears owns them... So who knows.... But its worth a try, the worse they can say is no.

LAwnpro13
12-29-2007, 01:40 AM
I tried PIMPIN' at the Navy Base, but the HO's keep falling off the trailer. ;)

Now I really like that printing your own idea!:hammerhead:

topsites
12-29-2007, 04:51 AM
If you're absolutely in need of cash then you do what you have to, but I find the off season a great time to put in to the Web site, do maintenance, clean house, etc. There's no instant cash benefit but it does pay off some kind of way.

JRS Landscaping
12-29-2007, 01:19 PM
if your handy, look into doing stupid assembly work on a contract basis with Walmart, home depot, etc. A lot of those places outsource there moneky work. I.E. assemble grills, bikes, snowblowers, shelving, the list goes on and on and all you need to do is walk into a Walmart and speak with the manager, they'll say they are all set and hand them your business card. They'll call in like 2 weeks.... Have 5 home depots and 5 Walmarts that I currently assemble products for currently... Trying for Kmart now, but Sears owns them... So who knows.... But its worth a try, the worse they can say is no.

i like that idea i think im going to try it, what kind of pay do they give you?

BOSCHERT LAWN CARE
12-30-2007, 09:22 AM
pick up a part/full time job with your local dealer, so you can get "free" knowledge and recieve $$ for it, plus a discount on parts and equipment?

also i have seen the x-mas light gig jump up this year so maybe next year offer it, and that will land some more work in the colder months!

CustomKare
12-30-2007, 10:07 AM
Sometimes I feel like Mr Haney on Green Acres when it comes to finding ways to earn extra $$.... You know the guy always tryin' to sell somthin.

I have a full time sales job, I have 31 residentials I maintain and have a dump truck to deliver mulch & plow snow. I needed a carpet cleaner for home so I bought a commercial rug doctor machine and will advertise along with lawn care to pick up some rentals on the machine. I also have an aerator I will rent out and will do the aeration if the customer wants it done. My wife thinks I'm crazy............I'm just looking for a way out of the corporate world!!

PlatinumLandCon
12-30-2007, 11:31 AM
If you're absolutely in need of cash then you do what you have to, but I find the off season a great time to put in to the Web site, do maintenance, clean house, etc. There's no instant cash benefit but it does pay off some kind of way.

This is a great idea! Lots of people should do work like snow plowing that not a full time job and maintain & build the "behind the scenes" stuff with the lawn business. If you have all the headache stuff ready to go for the spring its TONS easier than screwing around until 11 at night doing invoicing and getting paperwork stuff ready in April.

Dunn's
12-30-2007, 08:16 PM
Get your Paper work together and work out your profit and loss statement for taxes.

Oops nevermind I forgot where I was. Taxes what was I thinking.