PDA

View Full Version : Mitsu Fuso going to be salvaged

grass-scapes
12-23-2007, 12:41 AM
Ok. My Mitsubishi Fuso spun a main bearing in the engine and its shot. I am thinking of selling it outright to a salvage yard or parting it out myself. It is a 91 with everything in good shape except for the block. New starter in May ($600 bucks) It has a 8X12 flat dump with a 16,000 lb lift. I figure the bed is worth about 1500 bucks alone. You think I should try to part it out on here or offer it for sale or just send it to a salvage yard for 1000 bucks.

Better yet, is anyone interested in the whole truck? It starts but with that bearing spun, it won't last long. If anyone had an engine for it, I would consider buying the engine or selling them the truck.

Help me out and give me some ideas.

Fordsuvparts
12-23-2007, 09:19 AM
Part it out your self, list it on ebay, someone somewhere needs parts for one. It will sell just list it at a reasonable price.

mojob
12-23-2007, 12:55 PM
List the whole truck. I'm sure there's someone out there with a wrecked truck that has a good engine. If it were me, I'd rebuild the engine. If I were you I wouldn't start it again, though. You're just causing more damage. I spun a couple of bearings in my truck engine this summer. The machine shop was able to grind the crank and all I had to do was install a new set of bearings. I went ahead and did a complete overhaul while I had it out. Good luck.

supercuts
12-24-2007, 09:23 AM
unless you have alot of time, id try to sell it all one quick and clean swoop

grass-scapes
12-24-2007, 09:32 AM
Its been at a diesel mechanic for a month. They have pulled off the oil pan and checked it out from there and said it was a spun bearing.

Now, right now there is a truck on ebay just like it, same engine but a rusty frame with a plow. I could buy that one and take the engine out of it (40,000 miles) and any other part I need and put on mine.