PDA

View Full Version : Descriptive or straight forward?

schunklawn
12-23-2007, 10:59 PM
hey guys, just wondering which you prefer and for what reasons. I'm putting together a couple different flyers for spring and i am wondering if it is better to be short and sweet with it or to elaborate a little more with the wording and such. i am usually on the more straight forward side, but i am considering being more wordy with my lawn care flyer since that is what i currently specialize in. Any comments are greatly appreciated.

No Bunk Lawn Care

MJS
12-23-2007, 11:01 PM
I would go with short and sweet, but catchy. The more you put on a flyer, the less anyone will want to actually read the whole thing.

topsites
12-24-2007, 11:54 AM
short and to the point, don't outsmart yourself my attitude.

Sweet Tater
12-24-2007, 01:04 PM
I agree with Short and sweet. i know I wouldn't read a long one, just toss it out

mdvaden
12-24-2007, 02:13 PM
hey guys, just wondering which you prefer and for what reasons. I'm putting together a couple different flyers for spring and i am wondering if it is better to be short and sweet with it or to elaborate a little more with the wording and such. i am usually on the more straight forward side, but i am considering being more wordy with my lawn care flyer since that is what i currently specialize in. Any comments are greatly appreciated.

Never found that extra wording helped much at all - just the basics.

And short paragraph or two.

Look at some good ads in papers and magazines.

schunklawn
12-24-2007, 04:12 PM
sounds good. I think based off of your guys' responses i will keep them similar to the style i have used in the past. i'm lookin for a good bold one liner that i can use for the headliner of the flyer. any new thoughts or a previous method that worked would be great. My last years flyer was slightly too wordy. i'm gonna get 5,000 made up which is a decent amount, but i want them to atleast generate calls obviously.....thanks and happy holidays

No Bunk Lawn Care

MJS
12-24-2007, 09:39 PM
sounds good. I think based off of your guys' responses i will keep them similar to the style i have used in the past. i'm lookin for a good bold one liner that i can use for the headliner of the flyer. any new thoughts or a previous method that worked would be great. My last years flyer was slightly too wordy. i'm gonna get 5,000 made up which is a decent amount, but i want them to atleast generate calls obviously.....thanks and happy holidays

No Bunk Lawn Care

Hey, stick one on my door. If I hire you, you'll know it was a really good flyer. :laugh:

schunklawn
12-25-2007, 01:21 PM
lol...yea that would be the day...

No Bunk

EJD Lawnpride
12-25-2007, 01:47 PM
To wordy and the people will just dismiss it.