PDA

View Full Version : Who has a tilt bucket for their excavator?

RockSet N' Grade
12-24-2007, 08:55 AM
Any opinions on those who have a tilt bucket as to manufacturer, quality, most utilitarian size for having just one tilt bucket?

Construct'O
12-24-2007, 11:00 AM
With out looking up the names there is a couple that i have seen.One is the type that as a orbital motor that tilts and rotates.So is the one your looking to get just tilt?

The other one would only tilt by hydraulic cyclinder.I liked the looks of the firdt one best,plus more options.It was spendy.

As for size of bucket i would think i would go with a medium size bucket,not the biggest and not the smallest.

Unless you was planning on just using it for clean up.But if your wanting to use it to dig ditches and doing the back slopes i would want smaller for that then bigger.Also if you was working in tight places the small bucket also would be a plus.

Lets say as in cleaning and shaping a ditch and you worked you way down to a culvert and you wanted the slopes and angles of the ditch and around the culvert to blend in with different angled slopes.Bigger bucket you would tend to be over cutting into the sides of the other slopes.

If your doing large areas,and just doing cleanup then the bigger is better.

Maybe i can find where i seen the tilt bucket i talked about.Good luck.
Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!

bobcat_ron
12-24-2007, 12:20 PM
I really like the new Roto-Tilt bucket, it's really nice to have the bucket spin 360 degrees and tilt side to side.
The only downside to tilt buckets no matter the size is you loose a lot of bucket break out force because you've basically got a longer and taller bucket, and you might not be able to get real tight inside of a ditch that is only 2 feet on the bottom with a 1 1/2 : 1 slope.

RockSet N' Grade
12-24-2007, 12:27 PM
I am familiar with roto-tilt made by Helac with their 360 degree mechanism. That will not work for me with my progresssive link thumb set up. Checked them out and chit-chatted a bit. I have settled on the idea of a tilt bucket to compliment the rest of my growing attachments. Didn't really give the loss of breakout force much thought, but now that you brought it up........I'm gonna find out exactly how much I would loose. Another interesting and educating adventure I have made for my self.........

ksss
12-24-2007, 01:42 PM
Hey RockSet,
Whatever you buy, buy two and drop ship me one (please make it built to fit my TK with WB quick attach and thumb). If it would make it feel more festive go ahead and put a bow on it. Ho, Ho, Ho tis the season. I promise I will get you a met and greet at a little ranch just ouside of Vegas during ConExpo.:clapping: Seem fair?

RockSet N' Grade
12-24-2007, 03:02 PM
For what I have in mind KSSS, I would be getting off CHEAP!!! On a more serious note (not much though).........the dual cylinder 36" tilt bucket from Amulet runs about $5,640 and Ksss I would have got you one.......but I didn't know what color you wanted it, so I passed. I still have enough money for hot dogs and McDonalds for the rest of the winter.......gearing up for Spring already and it isn't even January yet.