PDA

View Full Version : I posted this on plowsite but had no luck: Heated mirrors for Chevy Work Truck

farmboy52787
12-25-2007, 03:03 AM
I posted this on plowsite but had no luck in finding an answer so maybe someone from here will have one.
I have a 2006 Chevy Work Truck with the basic plain mirrors. I would like to get the bigger heated towing extendable mirrors though. My dealer says its impossible to put heated mirrors into a truck without the computer system for heated mirrors. Could it be possible to bypass the connector on the mirrors and run wires directly to the battery with a switch? I would think it would just be positive and negative wires correct? Does anyone know of any after-market brands? It gets real old always having to get out a lot to scrape off the snow and ice from the mirrors so i can see where the hell I am going. I cant look behind me because I have a sander. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

dozerman21
12-25-2007, 09:11 AM
Here's a place that has some. It says that you don't need to have heated mirrors from the factory. They're a little pricey, but look like nice mirrors. You may want to check Ebay or other places for a better price. After having heated mirrors for plowing, I'll always get the option. They're definetly a must have.

Here's the link: http://www.truckchamp.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1496

Fordsuvparts
12-25-2007, 09:19 AM
Yes i'm sure it could be done. I did that on a ford Super duty a few years ago. You could hard wire the heater wiring to a fused switch probably a 20 or 25 amp fuse. It should be very easy once you figure out the wiring diagram. You will have to get a power mirror to get the heat i believe. IF you buy the mirrors and send them to me i will figure out the wiring and send them back. You would only need to use a few of the wires to make it work. possibly only one wire if the ground is built in to the mirror body. It i believe has a wire for the running and turn signal wires that could be spliced under the dash.