PDA

View Full Version : 1982 Chevy C30 Mason Dump - Need Help!

DreamtheGreen
12-25-2007, 12:48 PM
1982 Chevy c30 mason dump rigged for fall cleanups. I used it last week and worked fine. Next day started fine then first job it wont start. Acted like battery dead but wasn't. All day the pump for the dump bed was draining battery. So that is figued out but next task is getting bed up to look everything over. How do you get the bed up without power to the pump!
It may seem like a stupid question but I have never done it before. Is there a release for the pump. A cable for power is pinched or nicked causing the battery to drain, need to fix this. thanks!

cantoo
12-25-2007, 02:59 PM
pull the power wire off the battery then boost it with another truck or battery to lift it. Or you could just leave the wire on and boost it to lift. Also make sure you secure the bed so it can't fall if you are working under it. I install a post under mine so it can't come down while I am working on it. Even just sticking your head under it is crazy.

DreamtheGreen
12-26-2007, 12:05 AM
Maybe I didnt word my problem the right way.

Because there is a pinched or bad wire, if hooked to the battery it wont work. It makes a clicking sound, so I disconnected the power cable from the battery. So putting power to pump won't work. So how can you get bed up without power.

mag360
12-26-2007, 01:42 PM
If you can get to the pump from underneath I'd say grab a good battery and hook up right at the pump motor. This will also let you know if you really have a pinched wire somewhere or if the bad connection is in the pump motor.

cantoo
12-26-2007, 07:14 PM
If it's clicking then maybe your solenoid is bad. My pump is accessible from underneath.
If you can't use the pump to lift them you will have to use a loader or forklift to lift it. You don't need to disengage anything it will just suck the oil up when lifting. Again make sure to put a post or whatever to hold it up when working on it.