PDA

View Full Version : Flyer Critique

unlimted01
12-25-2007, 06:47 PM
Hey guys,
I just finished up workin on a homemade flyer and i wanted to see what yall thought

12-25-2007, 06:59 PM
I have literally been staring at this picture for 3 minutes in awe. That is the nicest flyer I have ever seen. I hope your sending that as a high quality postcard or maybe even using a marketing service with nice posters in good locations. Once again, very very nice, good work!

If you do it as a postcard, I would keep that picture on the front, with your logo, and put your services on the back.

Military Lawns
12-25-2007, 07:21 PM
This is a very nice flyer. However, since you are asking for honest feedback, here is what I recommend.

Spread your logo and slogan the entire length of the flyer. After awhile people will associate the logo and slogan with the name after a while. Brand recognition is important in this business. You want to make sure that you throw that in potential customers faces. You might not get a second chance.

DJ

ed2hess
12-25-2007, 08:34 PM
Nice job....I think the name of business and telephone numbers should be larger and did you put email address? No sure what that comet flying thru the top of the picture means....am I missing something?

Grits
12-25-2007, 08:35 PM
Looks good. But it seems like something is missing from the top of the flyer....too much space. Maybe move the slogan (Bring your yard....) to the top and put your logo and tag line where the slogan is currently at.
That is a pic off of gopher isn't it? Did you just put it in a word doc? It looks good for a homemade flyer.

mattfromNY
12-25-2007, 08:42 PM
Is that a mullet?

unlimted01
12-25-2007, 09:04 PM
Thanks guys and yea that is a pic that came off of gopher. I done the flyer completely in publisher. Ill repost after I make some changes as suggested.

unlimted01
12-25-2007, 09:15 PM
What do yall think now keep the ideas comin
*The words aren't really in the picture they are above it*

MJS
12-25-2007, 10:13 PM
Nice job....I think the name of business and telephone numbers should be larger and did you put email address? No sure what that comet flying thru the top of the picture means....am I missing something?

I would agree that the contact info should be more noticable, and the house looks kinda "cut and pasted" but overall I think it's a killer design. It's nice to see guys who put a little creativity into their advertising.

PerfectEarth
12-25-2007, 10:21 PM
Hahaha, how about a house with some LANDSCAPING???

PRO DETAIL LANDSCAPING
12-25-2007, 11:57 PM
Hahaha, how about a house with some LANDSCAPING???

THATS A GOOD IDEA THAT STANDS OUT GIVE THEM SOME IDEAS:clapping:

Wells
12-26-2007, 12:50 PM
Heres the changes I would make to your flier.

EJD Lawnpride
12-26-2007, 02:02 PM
Wells did a good job w/ your flier. However, the house looks boring with no landscaping, i may suggest that all you can do is mow grass. I'd see if you can add landscaping in or use a different yard.

DaughtryLC
12-26-2007, 02:20 PM
This is a very nice flyer. However, since you are asking for honest feedback, here is what I recommend.

Spread your logo and slogan the entire length of the flyer. After awhile people will associate the logo and slogan with the name after a while. Brand recognition is important in this business. You want to make sure that you throw that in potential customers faces. You might not get a second chance.

DJ

I agree; Other than that this is a very nice flyer

MUDFLAP
12-26-2007, 02:43 PM
The guy with the mullet took care of the landscaping ( if you know what i mean ), it will never bother the homeowner again. lol

MUDFLAP
12-26-2007, 02:47 PM
But serious, very nice, now continue to represent yourself well, with late model truck, clean equipment, uniform shirt etc, and you cant go wrong

topsites
12-26-2007, 02:57 PM
Yes I would also get rid of all that free affordable budget stuff, Well'ses design looks impressive thou I'd cut out the fitting their budget too. I'm serious, my ad doesn't even mention free estimates, more like "Call Today!"
You'll save yourself from a slew of price and bargain shoppers, that is, unless that's what you want...
Then with such an impressive design it should help make up for that.

MUDFLAP
12-26-2007, 03:58 PM

multi-color streaking streetlight is for mullet man, he has magic mushrooms in the truck, left over from the 80s

MUDFLAP
12-26-2007, 04:16 PM
Sorry, LOL, but i get bored this time of year, will be closing on my winter flip friday, so will be real busy for a while + makes for $15-$20,000 of my yearly income.

MJK
12-26-2007, 04:18 PM
Heres the changes I would make to your flier.

Make sure you do this one above. You also need to add an offer to the flyer to make people respond.

AI Inc
12-26-2007, 04:18 PM
No need to have your address on there, the city is enough info.

ed2hess
12-26-2007, 04:49 PM
multi-color streaking streetlight is for mullet man, he has magic mushrooms in the truck, left over from the 80s

Guess I missed that.........but still don't understand what it has to do with the logo of the lawn flyer:hammerhead: Guess I am slow.

MUDFLAP
12-26-2007, 05:09 PM
No need to have your address on there, the city is enough info.

Thats good thinkin, and prob want to get a PO box, unless thats a legit business address

Valk
12-26-2007, 05:16 PM
I think it represents the magical act of 'Bring(ing) your Yard to Life' as per page one.

I agree, don't mention the word budget, but rather emphasize quality and dependability...which both come with a price ~> your price.

echeandia
12-26-2007, 05:27 PM
When do you plan on sending these out? If its not in the next 3 or 4 weeks I would lose the new year reference.

DoetschOutdoor
12-26-2007, 05:32 PM
If you use the "Dont see what you need call today part" I think you should put in some punctuation just to keep it looking top notch. Somthing like "Dont see what you need? Give us a call today and bla bla bla..." Instead of just one long sentence. Looks good!

unlimted01
12-26-2007, 10:27 PM
what's another punch line i could use because I am not sure how soon I can get these out

PRESSURE PACKED
12-27-2007, 08:21 AM
YOU MIGHT CONSIDER PUTTING YOUR NAME IN THE SLOGAN..

ie WHERE MOORE IS BETTER
MOORE IS ALWAYS BETTER

TREEGUARD
12-27-2007, 04:43 PM
The first one is nicer. what program did you use to design it?

unlimted01
12-27-2007, 05:12 PM
I used publisher to make the first one

mdvaden
12-27-2007, 07:11 PM
I like the look.

Consider narrowing the green block at bottom to the width of the image above.

If you skip the "New Year" part, it adds a longer "life" to your flyer.

Try not to double line text on a single bullet.

How about a space between the top bulleted item and the line above it.

Still looks good though.

Runner
12-27-2007, 10:55 PM
I'm sorry, but there were two comments on here that stood out as good points. First, the house DOES look cut and pasted. You NEED a house with flare - i.e. some LANDSCAPING!!!! For God's sake, it's the business we're in! DON'T do this to yourself! It is like a restaurant using a picture of a gross looking sandwich as compared to a nice looking plate of food. Further, this lawn looks ill, as well. There are WAY TOO MANY nice pictures on the net to use for this type of thing then to use some dryed up weak unhealthy looking turf. APPEAL to the customer, - not give subconscious connotation of bad looking lawn and landscape. Sites such as RND Signs has DOZENS of pictures of nice houses with MUCH nicer lawns than this. (Here's one page http://www.rndsigns.com/imagecollection.asp?categoryid=5 ) If you are going to go through the effort of making these, then do it nicely. After that, you are STILL going through the efforts of printing, distribution, and follow up, so you might as well do it right. Good luck with it, and I hope you do well.

mdvaden
12-27-2007, 11:43 PM
This is just a quick after-thought...

If by chance you keep the New Year comment - wouldn't it make sense to use a photo that didn't look like it was going into winter with autumn colors?

Like use something spring green and with flowers maybe?

PRESSURE PACKED
01-01-2008, 07:44 AM
OTHER THAN ALL THE PREVIOUS POINTS ...GREAT JOB :laugh:

lawnshark2420
01-01-2008, 07:23 PM
nicely done!!! Maybe your logo could be bigger? good job!!!