PDA

View Full Version : Gear Lube White Paper Study

AmsoilPower
12-26-2007, 11:09 PM
Check out this link to a study of automotive gear lubes. Amsoil did not win all catagories but is the best overall. Check it out.

Hopefully I did the link correctly!!!

https://www.amsoil.com/lit/g2457.pdf

AmsoilPower
12-27-2007, 11:02 PM
Several of you have viewed this but I have not seen any feedback. Tell me what you think.

topsites
12-28-2007, 02:52 AM
I'm sorry but it's an internal, non independent study.

The fact that you conduct your own means the study was conducted to prove to yourself that your oil is better, fine, no problem.
I believe you, but I am learning the results of internal studies just don't go much further.

I'm not arguing that amsoil isn't any good, but maybe you ought to get an outside company with no affiliation to do a study, I think those results might work better, as they're less likely to be biased and might actually help you in ways as well.

Ridin' Around
12-29-2007, 05:26 PM
Obviously I will be scrutinized as I am already a believer, but as I understand these studies they cost well into the 6 digit ranges. Someone with an interest in the product(s) being tested would have to be behind it. So as I read it Amsoil did not beat everybody in all categories. While I agree that I would expect Amsoil to do well in something they are publishing, what really shocked me in that was how some of the others fell short. I thought some of those were good oils and it really scares me that some people are counting on those brands for protection of their vehicles. Hope this opens some eyes.