PDA

View Full Version : New Holland - cab

lccmo
12-28-2007, 12:27 PM
Anyone on here add a cab and heater to a new holland skid steer? If so how much $$.

kreft
12-28-2007, 12:35 PM
Yea I added one when we bought ours, its only 600 more. And those are the new cabs that are just like the cat cabs.

lccmo
12-28-2007, 03:30 PM
Did you order it with a Cab or have the deal add it on?

ksss
12-28-2007, 05:34 PM
Yea I added one when we bought ours, its only 600 more. And those are the new cabs that are just like the cat cabs.

You added the cab after the machine already came in and put a cab package on it for $600.00 That does not sound right. The door alone is that much. The factoy add at the time of ordering is a 2-3K price tag. The new cabs and even the deluxe (such as they were) cabs prior to the new cabs could not be added after the fact. Which meant you could enclose the cab but did not have the nice heat ducting just a heater box and no AC. Please explain. Perhaps I don't understand.

mrsops
12-28-2007, 05:43 PM
i think its better to get the cab heat door and ac done by the factory. yeah its like an extra 2,000 just for the door the glass and the heat if you want ac its like another 1,200.

ksss
12-28-2007, 05:50 PM
Yea thats what it cost me. Well worth it. looks much better than adding it after the fact.

mrsops
12-28-2007, 05:54 PM
yeah ksss we bought one machine and only one machine first and last time a 2001 553 we got it open cab and we added everything ourselves just doesnt look the same and if you think about it your only saving a few bucks if that. and its a hastle to deal with putting that stuff in never again now we get them factory :usflag:

ksss
12-28-2007, 06:37 PM
You get most of the money spent on the cab back with added trade value so why not be comfortable.

kreft
12-28-2007, 08:13 PM
Now we got the cab from the factory, we didnt buy the skid, than a couple months later buy a cab. We bought the skid with the cab and it was only a difference of $600.

kreft
12-28-2007, 08:17 PM
You added the cab after the machine already came in and put a cab package on it for $600.00 That does not sound right. The door alone is that much. The factoy add at the time of ordering is a 2-3K price tag. The new cabs and even the deluxe (such as they were) cabs prior to the new cabs could not be added after the fact. Which meant you could enclose the cab but did not have the nice heat ducting just a heater box and no AC. Please explain. Perhaps I don't understand.

I was at the NH dealer and they told me,with the new skids, if you added a cab it would add $600 to the total cost.:confused:

kreft
12-28-2007, 08:19 PM

Just to clarifiy (sp?) I didnt get the new NH cab, I got the old style.;)

lccmo
12-28-2007, 11:17 PM
Thanks for the info guys.. I really never thought about a cab till it turned cold :(

Scag48
12-29-2007, 06:03 AM
Cabs are $2K+, you must have misunderstood them. The doors are $800 at least.

mrsops
12-29-2007, 05:22 PM
alot of guys try to cut corners not getting the cab enclosure, until you frezze your balls off lol

kreft
12-29-2007, 11:28 PM
Or intil they get all sweaty in the summer and they come out of the cab with all this dust stuck to them!

qps
12-31-2007, 01:51 AM
Now we got the cab from the factory, we didnt buy the skid, than a couple months later buy a cab. We bought the skid with the cab and it was only a difference of $600.

Then they where sticking to ya on the base model.....must have had the cab unit in stock:laugh:...

ksss
12-31-2007, 02:16 AM
This whole cab thing does not seem right. Someone had obviously adjusted the numbers. Six hundred dollars does not buy you cab, for anything.

kreft
12-31-2007, 02:19 AM
That is what my sales person said.

SinjonAssociates
01-03-2008, 11:21 PM
My NH dealer said $600.00 for heat alone and another $800.00 to $1000.00 to enclose with glass for my LS 185.b.
George

kreft
01-03-2008, 11:52 PM
Yes that is because that is an older model, you, from what I understand, are getting it done after you bought the machine, and the $600 was for the SE models!

Scag48
01-04-2008, 02:47 AM
Did you ever think maybe they were cutting you a deal on the cab? Just because you paid $600 doesn't mean that's what it actually costs.

KTM
01-04-2008, 12:28 PM
Sometimes the manufacture runs specials on enclosures, Ive seen people get pretty good deals that way, I know one guy that bought a Bobcat because of the deal they were giving on cabs

SinjonAssociates
01-04-2008, 11:36 PM
Yes, you are correct it was for an add on after the purchase. I didn't catch that you said that the $600.00 was for the factory option in you original posts. I think that the price is worth every cent and wish I had had that option when I purchased my (used) skid.

George

mrsops
01-08-2008, 11:41 PM
If Your Paying 600 For Cab Enclosure Its Prob Plywood :)

Construct'O
01-09-2008, 12:42 AM
I stopped at a New Holland dealer,on the way back home K.C.

Of course it was right across from the Cat dealer.They had a L175 35th Anniversary track machine seating out front so i stopped to check out the machine and the cab.

It must have been the new pressuized cab because it was nice.They didn't have it locked and this was Sunday.I opened the door,and the machine had like tall row handles with the electric over hydraulic set up on this machine.

When i closed the door it was tight ,so sure it is the new style cab that is coming out.You could feel the air squeeze out around the door seal when it closed if that counts.

There was a L185 wheel machine there also,35th Ann. model. It had what looked like pilots.Short levels seating on stands.It had the nice cab also.Looked to be okay.

Not quite as good as the Cat ones,but i would trade it for my old cab.:usflag:

kreft
01-09-2008, 07:48 AM
Yea those were the models I was talking about. I guess you didn't get a quote since it was sunday?

KPS
01-09-2008, 09:44 AM
The 08 New Holland track loaders are very nice inside for sure. Pilots, A/C, and great sight lines out back. has anyone ran one of these new ones yet? are they smooth or quiet to operate?

ChampionLS
01-12-2008, 01:36 AM
I don't usually post in this thread.. (I'm usually in the Hardscaping thread) but anyway.. here is my 1988 New Holland L785. I have the cab heater that bolts in behind the seat. It has a high/low setting. Nothing that fancy. It's aftermarket,and was dealer installed. I also have the cab door with a wiper. I block out the side screens with Lexan sheet and zip ties. The plow is a 7' Quick Way with hydraulic angle. I've made more money with this machine in the winter than ALL the years I've done lighting and hardscaping combined. The roof mounted strobe and turn signals I added on my own. This makes it street legal. Brake lights and turn signals are controlled by a thumb switch on the right steering control.

The glass door came with the machine. The heater kit was about $400 bucks and 175 to install it. It gets very hot, so it's mostly on low, otherwise you'll fry. Awesome add on.

-Champ

yardmanlee
01-12-2008, 07:45 AM
cause its street legal, you have to have tags on it ?

bobcat_ron
01-12-2008, 12:35 PM
Those older NH's were bullet proof.

KRtraxx
01-16-2008, 09:42 AM
The 08 New Holland track loaders are very nice inside for sure. Pilots, A/C, and great sight lines out back. has anyone ran one of these new ones yet? are they smooth or quiet to operate?

I sell New Hollands for a dealer here and I myself am not sold on Case or New Hollands undercarriage yet.They have had updates on them which helped but the rollers still seem to leak oil after awhile and then could fail.I love the ride and the visibility out of these but so far if a guy needs a track unit I have always turned them towards the VTS.Have sold lots of these on 170-185s with no problems yet.I like to shim up one side on the bottom of the main cylinder though.Keeps the boom nice and quiet even in high vibration situations(traveling on hard ground with a VTS-large frame mainly,small one is smoother).Resale on the wheeled NHs is excellent here.Specially the 170-175-185s with 2 speed...
Just a note though.if your looking at a pilot control 175 make sure the dealer has updated the pilots with the latest kit.It works perfect when they are done,smooth and modulated.If anyone has questions on New Hollands,ASV,VTS or Mustangs,feel free to ask.I will give you an honest and unbiased opinion from what I have learned selling these things for 10 years.Did sell Cat skids also for 3 years...Believe it or not there are a few of us sales guys out here that WILL tell you the truth.. lol :) Thats why I sell independant.Companys dont always like it when you tell the truth about their product to the consumer if they have a bad point..So I decided to go out on my own..

RockSet N' Grade
01-16-2008, 11:11 AM
Krtrxxxx.....what is the replacement cost for VTS tracks?

KRtraxx
01-16-2008, 11:45 PM
RockSet,, It depends on which width and length you are talking about but here is a general guide line after the price increase we got the 1st of Jan.
List prices per track app. 12" 1400-1600 depending on length
15" 1400-1650 " " "
18" 1680-2040 The 2040 is for the xtra long Gehl
7810 or Mustang 2109 .Most
are in the 1700-1900 range .

These are list prices per side.Some dealers are using list,some may be a bit under to their regular customers.Remember there maybe some old stock ones around at below these prices.Also note that the new replacement tracks are now made out of a slightly softer compound to eliminate some of the cracking that showed up on the first style.Even though total track life on the old style was excellent even with the cracks.. The 18" tracks now are availible in a less aggressive track pattern than before for less tearing when turning and less lug imprint.They do ride significantly better(less vibration on hard surfaces) than the first style.The 12 and 15" sets already had the less agressive style but their track compound material has been updated to the softer compound now..Even though I also sell and promote the ASV style machines to some customers its hard to ignore how good I believe the VTS works and the money it saves.For what its worth, my opinion is that 75% of the guys that need track units would get the most done at the lowest cost using the VTS..Finishing grading on dryer surfaces is the main area where the ASV/Cat style does a better job..It amazes me though that there are quite a few Cat Rental yards who are using the VTS on their wheeled Cats instead of their own MTLs for rental use...I am FAR from being anti Cat MTLs..but even the rental yards must be recognizing the difference in operating cost..Lower costs= more profit at years end...The savings long term over factory track machines doesnt just apply to the Cat/ASV units but the other brands as well IMO.. Just my 2 cents worth guys. I know a LOT of work gets done out there with the factory units also..

ksss
01-17-2008, 01:12 PM
I have posted on the fact that the CAT rental yard has switched to VTS in this area. That has to say something.

bobcat_ron
01-17-2008, 01:45 PM
Too many nutts behind them butts.

ksss
01-17-2008, 02:35 PM
KRtraxx,
I bought my VTS for the pupose of fine grading (automated laser) concrete prep in 3/4 crushed roadbase type material. The tracks are 17.7 or whatever wide with what I assume to be the old style tread design. The skid steer is a 440. The blade on the grader is 7'. What kind of performance and finish can I expect with the VTS in this application? By the way, if you tell me I need a CAT please PM me. If QPS hears that, I will never hear the end of it.

KRtraxx
01-17-2008, 06:10 PM
KRtraxx,
I bought my VTS for the pupose of fine grading (automated laser) concrete prep in 3/4 crushed roadbase type material. The tracks are 17.7 or whatever wide with what I assume to be the old style tread design. The skid steer is a 440. The blade on the grader is 7'. What kind of performance and finish can I expect with the VTS in this application? By the way, if you tell me I need a CAT please PM me. If QPS hears that, I will never hear the end of it.

Ksss I wouldnt worry at all about the kind of grade you will have when you get done with your laser controled grader on your 440.It will do a great job in those conditions.If you lock your suspension out or not either way it will work great and leave you with a good to go grade.The only reason I mention that the Cats are good at finish grading is their less aggressive track.If possible try not to turn to much on your finished grade.With the agressive 18" old style tread the VTS can leave a berm and mess up your smooth job on the ends.For a guy who does mostly finish grading I try to direct them towards the 15" set.they are about a 1000# lighter and the tread is less aggressive,But dont sweat it the 18" set will do well..Turning sharp that causes rutting is the ONLY thing you will have to watch.
Some of the 440s and 70xts had an issue with their axles when a VTS was bolted on.Specially the 18" sets.It mostly would happen to the guys who were real cowboys with them or were even abusive.But if a snapped axle ever did occur the answer is right at your Case dealer.An 85XT axle will bolt in and solves the issue permanently...Havent seen any other models have an issue with this no matter whos brand..The 85XT axle is much larger in diameter...The 440 puts out a lot of wheel torque for a small to medium frame machine..

qps
01-17-2008, 09:28 PM
KRtraxx,

Wooooo.....this almost got by me:cool2:...

NHMan
01-20-2008, 03:23 AM
I stopped at a New Holland dealer,on the way back home K.C.

Of course it was right across from the Cat dealer.They had a L175 35th Anniversary track machine seating out front so i stopped to check out the machine and the cab.

It must have been the new pressuized cab because it was nice.They didn't have it locked and this was Sunday.I opened the door,and the machine had like tall row handles with the electric over hydraulic set up on this machine.

When i closed the door it was tight ,so sure it is the new style cab that is coming out.You could feel the air squeeze out around the door seal when it closed if that counts.

There was a L185 wheel machine there also,35th Ann. model. It had what looked like pilots.Short levels seating on stands.It had the nice cab also.Looked to be okay.

Not quite as good as the Cat ones,but i would trade it for my old cab.:usflag:

New Holland does not use E/H controls or utilize a pressurized cab.

Construct'O
01-20-2008, 09:48 PM
New Holland does not use E/H controls or utilize a pressurized cab.

They sure fooled me,but what do i know.:rolleyes:So why do you say not and where do you get your information.

They might not be E/H but would say they was pilot by the looks of them,which they are suppose to be coming out with, along with Case.

Plus the cab wasn't there ordinary cab,it was nice and it was tight,but again what do i know.Fill me in,since you got the answers!!!!!!!:usflag:

Fieldman12
01-20-2008, 10:11 PM
Well, it's been a while since I have watched the video on the brand new New Holland skid steer's but Im almost positive they are pilot controls in a now pressurized cab.

ksss
01-20-2008, 10:33 PM
They sure fooled me,but what do i know.:rolleyes:So why do you say not and where do you get your information.

They might not be E/H but would say they was pilot by the looks of them,which they are suppose to be coming out with, along with Case.

Plus the cab wasn't there ordinary cab,it was nice and it was tight,but again what do i know.Fill me in,since you got the answers!!!!!!!:usflag:

NH released their pilot machines before CASE did so that is a given. I tried to find out more info on the cab. The NH website is a POS. It says the cabs are improved but nothing very specific. I recall seeing ads in the dirt mags but cant remember if it said they were pressurized. I recognized much of the interior components as the same as my CASE machines.

Construct'O
01-20-2008, 10:53 PM
The cab was on a CTL 175 35th Anniversary machine,and all i know is when you shut the door it was pretty air tight,because you could sure feel the air squeezing out around the sealed door as it shut.

The cab had lots of the sound surpressent foam,colored in gray,alone the sides and gray carpeted ceiling in the cab.

It might not be pressized ,but it is sure is air tight,that's my story and i'm sticking to it.:dancing::usflag:

NHMan
01-20-2008, 11:38 PM
New Holland has had pilot controls out for sometime now, but they are not E/H (electric/hydraulic). They are hydraulic/hydrualic by rexroth. A true hydrualic pilot is far superior to any E/H control in my opinion.
The newly designed cabs are definitly nice however they do not have any in cab filtration making it a "pressurized cab". The noise abaitment package is a nice option as well. Hope that helps.:usflag:

http://www.imagemanagement.ws/source/documents/nhc_brochures/NH3200703.pdf

http://www.imagemanagement.ws/source/documents/nhc_brochures/NHC6090602.pdf

bobcat_ron
01-21-2008, 11:57 AM
Now that is a well thought out cab, I like the way they have all the guages in the pillars and the vent. controls, very, very smart.

But why do they need a floor pedal for the aux. hydraulics? Don't they put it on the pilots then?

Tigerotor77W
01-21-2008, 01:01 PM
The newly designed cabs are definitly nice however they do not have any in cab filtration making it a "pressurized cab".

The way I read this, there is no in-cab filtration so it is a pressurized cab. Your previous reply said that NH has no pressurized cab... so I take it I read this sentence incorrectly?

NHMan
01-21-2008, 08:05 PM
The way I read this, there is no in-cab filtration so it is a pressurized cab. Your previous reply said that NH has no pressurized cab... so I take it I read this sentence incorrectly?

Sorry for the confusion. It is not pressurized.

Fieldman12
01-21-2008, 08:14 PM
I need to see if I save that link that New Holland had a while back on my girlfriends computer. I could have sworn when the guy was in the cab talking about it he said it was pressurized.

Tigerotor77W
01-24-2008, 01:40 AM
Sorry for the confusion. It is not pressurized.

My bad for misunderstanding... thanks for your clarification.

kreft
01-24-2008, 05:20 PM
Yep... Those NH cabs sure are nice!