PDA

View Full Version : Is This Worth It?

bigw
12-28-2007, 04:18 PM
I BELIEVE ITS A 2003 JOHN DEERE GS30 36'' walk behind with sulke with like 40 hrs on it for $1200, i need a 36'' walk behind for fenced yards and i think ill need a 36 or would a 48 work? anyway is this worth it if it runs good and all?

grassnazi1
12-28-2007, 05:30 PM
40 hours is next to nothing.... For that age, I would look it over carefully, seems like its been sitting alot.... However, if the persons used it every season and its just basically over kill on the property, I would deal a little and see if you couldnt pick it up for $1000. But to answer your question, doesnt seem like a bad deal at all, worked on a few of those machines and they are pretty nice.

bigw
12-29-2007, 12:40 AM
40 hours is next to nothing.... For that age, I would look it over carefully, seems like its been sitting alot.... However, if the persons used it every season and its just basically over kill on the property, I would deal a little and see if you couldnt pick it up for $1000. But to answer your question, doesnt seem like a bad deal at all, worked on a few of those machines and they are pretty nice.

Well who really knows the true hrs,im sure their is no hr meter on it.I do want to get a 36'' but im just not so sure i trust a john deere especially after reading this... "Consumer affairs complaint"...Jim of Mabscott WV (7/3/03):
I purchaesd A John Deere Mower Model GS30, a 36-inch cut walk-behind mower with a sulky. Mower balance is very bad -- front of mower kicks causing loss of control. This mower has a five speed transmission, which won't hold the mower back on a slight grade. Dealer won't make this right or take mower back.

I purchased the mower 5-12-03, used it for around 15 minutes. Called on 5-13-03 and asked to return mower, answer was NO.

bigw
12-29-2007, 01:06 AM
any one else have an opionion?

Big C
12-29-2007, 12:39 PM
Try a Quick 36....

J&R Landscaping
12-30-2007, 02:25 PM
Glad to see some local guys on ls! The biggest flaw with the JD wb mowers is the tranny. Many of them use the dana or spicer trannies as oppsed to the peerless which seem to be the industry stardard.

I would say go look at it, run it for yourself and see what you think.