PDA

View Full Version : Shop pic's

qps
12-28-2007, 04:43 PM
Raining here today, working on cleaning up the machines...I must be bored:dizzy:

Pic of the 297 with the cab up...I guess mine isn't plug and play ready for the radio:confused:.....Hey KSSS hand me that 15/16 wrench will ya??:cool2:

bobcat_ron
12-28-2007, 04:53 PM
Got any more pics of the under side of the 297, I've yet to peek under my 247's "dress".

ksss
12-28-2007, 04:58 PM
I have been doing the same thing. I just finished with the 440. Cleaned it from top to bottom, added touch up paint as needed, serviced and ready for Spring. Next is the TK that will be next weeks project. Your excavator looks like new Tim (of course your 297 is new). Drop ship it to me and I'll put some scratches in for you. Your obviously too anal to do it yourself. It is always much better when someone else put scratches and dents in your stuff (especially in my case where I live 2000 miles away).

mrsops
12-28-2007, 05:00 PM
i hate when i get scrathes on my machines lol but i know there machines and my machines are always doing hard tough work as it is and im always in tight areas now i started putting bumpers on my machines so if anyone does back up into something they hit the bumper first and not that pretty orange door with that big white sticker on the back lol

bobcat_ron
12-28-2007, 05:04 PM
Scratches make the machine look meaner.

Construct'O
12-28-2007, 05:09 PM
Nice pictures ,thanks for sharing! been ice,snow,ice snow ,snow here!!!!!:rolleyes:

Looks like you just have enough clearence for the boom 297C MTL there.Is it clear up on just far enough to place the boom lock?

The last picture sure shows how much more iron is on the sidearm of the 297C, compared to the boom on the mini.They all look small like that, seems like they need a little more meat in them ,especially down there at the base.

Don't hear much about the booms breaking on the mini's,or they just aren't telling.Only the ones, that hit bridges.:hammerhead: they make the newsheadlines.:usflag:

deere615
12-28-2007, 05:14 PM
Nice Machines

Fieldman12
12-28-2007, 06:00 PM
Construct' O I know what you mean about looking like they need more meat in the boom on the mini's. It is also just not Cat but other brands also. Some how I bet they are trashed in 10 years. They had a Kobelco at my house many years ago that the boom had to be welded back to the base all the time. You would think they would beef them up down there a bit.

qps
12-28-2007, 06:42 PM
I have been doing the same thing. I just finished with the 440. Cleaned it from top to bottom, added touch up paint as needed, serviced and ready for Spring. Next is the TK that will be next weeks project. Your excavator looks like new Tim (of course your 297 is new). Drop ship it to me and I'll put some scratches in for you. Your obviously too anal to do it yourself. It is always much better when someone else put scratches and dents in your stuff (especially in my case where I live 2000 miles away).

Funny you should say that,,,I'll post pic of that hood that's up on the mini....smashed the sheeitt out of it with a tree, cat wants 1800.00 for another one:dizzy:...trust me...there both scratch all over....I don't baby my stuff, but I do try to take care of it.....did you really call me anal;)

qps
12-28-2007, 06:46 PM
Nice pictures ,thanks for sharing! been ice,snow,ice snow ,snow here!!!!!:rolleyes:

Looks like you just have enough clearance for the boom 297C MTL there.Is it clear up on just far enough to place the boom lock?

The last picture sure shows how much more iron is on the sidearm of the 297C, compared to the boom on the mini.They all look small like that, seems like they need a little more meat in them ,especially down there at the base.

Don't hear much about the booms breaking on the mini's,or they just aren't telling.Only the ones, that hit bridges.:hammerhead: they make the newsheadlines.:usflag:

16 foot ceiling in my shop, looks like about a foot or so cleareance, make note to self to remove bucket next time...I can in-vision it falling off on me....

RockSet N' Grade
12-28-2007, 06:54 PM
Sheesh....you guys are sure fussy about your stuff........glad I'm not that way (yea, right). We just spent the last 3 weeks cleaning the shop from stem to stern, sanded down a track hoe - primed and painted it with auto enamel. Just bought a 36" tilt bucket, in process of getting a new progressive link thumb and just bought a new stick 'cause mine had a nice sized crack in it. Next, we attack the truck and trailer........thinking of removing old deck and going with oak.......Hope there is work come spring time.......

plumbguy
12-28-2007, 07:35 PM
Nice lay out, thats what I need. After seeing yours I may have to construct something in my back yard.:)

dozerman21
12-29-2007, 12:27 AM
Tim, those are waaaaay too clean for December/January. Your machines should have heavy mud caked to the U/C, and splattered mud on the cab! Construct'O, send some of that snow this way... I'll gladly take it. At least let it freeze. I'm fed up with mud. It's starting to have no bottom to it. Tim, if you get too bored and start waxing your pressure washer, let me know... I can get all the mud you need!:dizzy:

qps
12-29-2007, 01:27 AM
Tim, those are waaaaay too clean for December/January. Your machines should have heavy mud caked to the U/C, and splattered mud on the cab! Construct'O, send some of that snow this way... I'll gladly take it. At least let it freeze. I'm fed up with mud. It's starting to have no bottom to it. Tim, if you get too bored and start waxing your pressure washer, let me know... I can get all the mud you need!:dizzy:

No thanks...your just pushing all your profit around all day:cry:...give me a call after the holidays...

Scag48
12-29-2007, 05:14 AM
Dude, you definately need more Cat iron in that shop. I'm voting for a D5K when they're released, as if that 297 wasn't enough of a dozer already. Hahaha.

dozerman21
12-29-2007, 11:24 AM
No thanks...your just pushing all your profit around all day:cry:...give me a call after the holidays...

Yeah, no kidding. We should all migrate to Florida for 3 months... that or hibernate!:sleeping:

Construct'O
12-29-2007, 11:53 AM

You can have all you want.The first round was an inch of thick ice storm plus rained an inch before that,out of electrity for 4 days and i was one of the lucky one.

Then here came two more snows,with mud under that doesn't make for working,so i'm setting.Plus only thing snow is good for to build is Snowmen!!!!!!!!:dancing:

I know rock and hard dirt isn't great,but mud is something else,isn't it.You can just pile it up so high.If you build something out of it now, then you would have to wait until it freeze just enough before you can get on it to level it.

Then you have to time it just right,to soft you sink to hard you have big marbles to roll around and try to fill holes and try to smoothup.Usually pretty rough looking this time of the year.When it freezes out and comes spring it will be mellow and actually works better for the farmers.They want it done now so it will freeze out over winter.Only probelm can't get it all done.

What are you trying to do now?????? My dozer is setting on a wateryway,and a pond to push in so they can farm it.If snow was gone i could do some of it,snow just doesn't work with dirt,togather they make it muddier.Plus make for more work cleaning track.You proabably don't have that problem do you???????:rolleyes:Right!

Good luck and Happy New Years!!!!!!!!:usflag:

qps
12-29-2007, 01:53 PM
Dude, you definately need more Cat iron in that shop. I'm voting for a D5K when they're released, as if that 297 wasn't enough of a dozer already. Hahaha.

If I had the work for it a D4 or D5 would be sweet...local cat rep quoted me a D4 and dozerman21 a D3.....yikes:dizzy:payup

kreft
12-29-2007, 10:23 PM
So QPS, what would be the next big purchase for the company?

dozerman21
12-30-2007, 01:04 AM
You can have all you want.The first round was an inch of thick ice storm plus rained an inch before that,out of electrity for 4 days and i was one of the lucky one.

Then here came two more snows,with mud under that doesn't make for working,so i'm setting.Plus only thing snow is good for to build is Snowmen!!!!!!!!:dancing:

I know rock and hard dirt isn't great,but mud is something else,isn't it.You can just pile it up so high.If you build something out of it now, then you would have to wait until it freeze just enough before you can get on it to level it.

Then you have to time it just right,to soft you sink to hard you have big marbles to roll around and try to fill holes and try to smoothup.Usually pretty rough looking this time of the year.When it freezes out and comes spring it will be mellow and actually works better for the farmers.They want it done now so it will freeze out over winter.Only probelm can't get it all done.

What are you trying to do now?????? My dozer is setting on a wateryway,and a pond to push in so they can farm it.If snow was gone i could do some of it,snow just doesn't work with dirt,togather they make it muddier.Plus make for more work cleaning track.You proabably don't have that problem do you???????:rolleyes:Right!

Good luck and Happy New Years!!!!!!!!:usflag:

Believe it or not, we grade yards year round. It's mostly for the concrete cut for the walks and driveways, but we also grade the yard the best that we can. Backfills are the other phase. Those are usually a little smoother, but unless you push off the muck, it's about impossible to grade with these conditions. Sometimes it's so bad, you feel like you've done something good if you don't get stuck!:hammerhead: I'm looking forward to the colder temps next week. I'll take frost over mud any day. I plow snow too, and I'd let the equipment sit all winter if I could.

kreft
12-30-2007, 12:06 PM
How much is the digging depth on your excavator?

qps
12-30-2007, 02:22 PM

Now your gonna make me look it up....I don't really know off hand..I want to say around 10ft...

Supper Grassy
12-30-2007, 02:58 PM
Nice shop, how many door

kreft
12-30-2007, 06:51 PM
Gotcha:D....

GradeMan
12-30-2007, 08:49 PM
Love!!!!!!!!! that shop, must be nice to have all that room. Happy New Years

lifetree
12-30-2007, 09:38 PM
Nice shop, nice equipment too !!

Lazer_Z
12-31-2007, 12:36 PM

Now your gonna make me look it up....I don't really know off hand..I want to say around 10ft...
You were pretty close Tim, you're max is 10'.6" and your max reach is 17'.11". I vote for another excavator as your next purchase, how about a 385C L ME :D :waving: .

Happy New Year guys :drinkup:

lil_cote_93
03-22-2008, 07:35 PM
lol i like how some ppl take pics of their mowers, and brag.... and u axxidently got ur 3 thousand dollar mower in the picture haha
u must be ballin

02DURAMAX
03-22-2008, 08:43 PM
Nice CATs!!

qps
03-22-2008, 10:45 PM
lol i like how some ppl take pics of their mowers, and brag.... and u axxidently got ur 3 thousand dollar mower in the picture haha
u must be ballin

I have no ideal what you just said.......

Terraformer
03-22-2008, 10:46 PM
I've seen a couple of different shops from you east cost boys and all of them appear to have some type of metal finish on the inside. My question: are the side walls and ceiling insulated? Here in Wisconsin steel sided shops are very popular, but that is for the exterior only. You either finish the interior yourself, like I did, or your have pillow insulation blankets installed on the interior - not practical from my perspective. I remember seeing one shop, on this site, that had galvanized interior walls and ceilings, which I particularly liked. Who makes these shop systems, or are they custom?

I need need to build another shop - in addition to my 45 x 36. Moreover, I would like to incorporate the metal interior I've seen on this site.

If anyone can steer me in the right direction I would appreciate the help.

Thanks in advance,

John

qps
03-22-2008, 10:52 PM
I've seen a couple of different shops from you east cost boys and all of them appear to have some type of metal finish on the inside. My question: are the side walls and ceiling insulated? Here in Wisconsin steel sided shops are very popular, but that is for the exterior only. You either finish the interior yourself, like I did, or your have pillow insulation blankets installed on the interior - not practical from my perspective. I remember seeing one shop, on this site, that had galvanized interior walls and ceilings, which I particularly liked. Who makes these shop systems, or are they custom?

I need need to build another shop - in addition to my 45 x 36. Moreover, I would like to incorporate the metal interior I've seen on this site.

If anyone can steer me in the right direction I would appreciate the help.

Thanks in advance,

John

Mine has the same metal used on the outside as the interior skin, I will use metal on the ceiling but it will be a different rib width to span the joist, yes on the pink or blanket insulation in the walls, we will use the blow in type in the ceiling....it's a simple install...alot of folks will just use osb board on the interior walls...hope that helps...

mastercraft
03-22-2008, 10:53 PM
Around here it is also popular, and is usually the same siding as the exterior. Insulate, and then hang on the inside, same as the outside. If your able to find the unwarantied, or second's, on the siding you'll save some money.

dozerman21
03-22-2008, 10:55 PM
I've seen a couple of different shops from you east cost boys and all of them appear to have some type of metal finish on the inside.* My question: are the side walls and ceiling insulated?* Here in Wisconsin steel sided shops are very popular, but that is for the exterior only.* You either finish the interior yourself, like I did, or your have pillow insulation blankets installed on the interior - not practical from my perspective.* I remember seeing one shop, on this site, that had galvanized interior walls and ceilings, which I particularly liked.* Who makes these shop systems, or are they custom?I need need to build another shop - in addition to my 45 x 36.* Moreover, I would like to incorporate the metal interior I've seen on this site.If anyone can steer me in the right direction I would appreciate the help.Thanks in advance,JohnMost guys around here use OSB, plywood, or drywall to finish the inside. Steel is nicer but will cost much more. Most guys who have steel inside got some sort of a bargain on some extra, or a "fell off the back of the truck" kind of deal. Insulation between the walls is a must.

Construct'O
03-22-2008, 10:56 PM
Around here people use the same metal sheeting on the inside for the walls and ceilings after they put on the insulation as they use on the outside.......it can be lighter weight sheets.

Most use white so it makes the inside of the shop brighter.It works good ,don't have to worry like with the drywall shops where if it gets wet it wants to fall off.:usflag:

lawnproslawncare
03-22-2008, 11:31 PM
so how much do you do with the 5111 WAM?

qps
03-22-2008, 11:36 PM
so how much do you do with the 5111 WAM?

We have a large HOA...approx...90 acres...takes the better part of two work days to do all of it....

RockSet N' Grade
03-23-2008, 06:05 AM
QPS..how did you tie into the HOA market? On another note: was in Salt Lake City and saw a midget wearing dark glasses, overcoat, hat ( james bond look ) by the side of the freeway hitchhiking with a sign that said Rigby, Idaho........just thought that may help you in finding Jeff........

qps
03-23-2008, 08:37 AM
QPS..how did you tie into the HOA market? On another note: was in Salt Lake City and saw a midget wearing dark glasses, overcoat, hat ( james bond look ) by the side of the freeway hitchhiking with a sign that said Rigby, Idaho........just thought that may help you in finding Jeff........

Got hooked up with some property management companies some years back, I don't enjoy the lawn maint. side of the biz as much but it pays the bills...management compaines do make life alittle easier...lawn applications are a very profitable part of my business, working with the management companies has gotten my some nice jobs for the mini and loader....somebody also has a drainage problem:laugh:

qps
03-23-2008, 08:39 AM

I think Jeff was getting tired of the cold Indiana winters and moved on to the land of milk and honey.......and french fries....:cool2: