PDA

View Full Version : Leaf Dump

RonJ
12-28-2007, 09:23 PM
Anyone in the Fort Worth/Benbrook/Aledo area need a place to dump their leaves. I use them in my garden and several large compost bins. Used to drive around and pick them up curbside but police have hassled me twice so much for saving the landfill.

corey4671
12-28-2007, 09:34 PM
Anyone in the Fort Worth/Benbrook/Aledo area need a place to dump their leaves. I use them in my garden and several large compost bins. Used to drive around and pick them up curbside but police have hassled me twice so much for saving the landfill.

you have got to be kidding me!! the police actually harrass you for this? must be getting kickbacks from the landfill manager or something. ridiculous!!

zappalawn
12-30-2007, 09:27 PM
i have people all the time asking me to dump leaves at there place but i just send them to my dump site to take as much as they want

RonJ
12-31-2007, 04:56 AM
I think it had to do with identity theft. The first time the policeman just made sure that I was only taking bags of leaves. The second time a lady followed me around for a couple of blocks then called the police. After I saw her following me I just drove to a nearby parking lot and waited. Few minutes later here he came. That day I had a trailer and pickup loaded down with leaves. He checked a couple of bags, asked me what I did with them, then went to speak to the lady that had followed me into the parking lot. When she left he came back to me. I asked him if I was doing anything wrong. He explained that technically the bags were still personal property even if they were placed at curbside but he personally didn't see anything wrong with it. I've hauled a couple of pickup loads this year but I've asked permission of the owners before hand and only take the brown kraft paper bags. These supposedly only have lawn and garden materials in them.