PDA

View Full Version : stevens st75c coil tester

madmower
12-29-2007, 09:25 AM
HI have any of you used a stevens st75c coil tester as i have a chance of buying one and just want your view on this tester it will test cd & points coils i have added a photo of one

thanks bill

Restrorob
12-29-2007, 11:04 AM
I never felt I had a use for one of these since I have all the below testers in my toolbox.

madmower
12-29-2007, 11:19 AM
the thing i was thinking was you can do a comaparison between 2 coils as you get a reading of the HT curent you can also do coil restance tests which you can do with the multi meter the person who has it for sale repairs outboard boat engines and he has shown me just how use full it can be to check one coil against another under HT curent as a comarison i also have the briggs HT tester just thought i would see what you techs thought of this tester

bill

Restrorob
12-29-2007, 01:30 PM
Don't get me wrong Bill, It looks like a nice tester if you have a use for it and the price is right.

madmower
12-29-2007, 01:54 PM
no problem i will tell you how i get on with it. It is the first one i have seen in the uk we used SIC ignition testers where i used to work my ex boss got it though tecumseh as he was a tecumseh tech before setting up bussiness but now he has closed shop and sold out to another repair bussiness so i an in the mist of setting up on my own part time to start with. This is the reasion i was looking at the tester i will see what he wants for it.

bill