PDA

View Full Version : help my brother

lsu03
12-29-2007, 01:06 PM
one of my little brothers wants to start mowing grass this spring. he is 15 and lives in a neighborhood with maybe 30 houses that would take a 21" about an hour to mow. problem is though, my mom doesn't really want to let him b/c there is another lco in the neighborhood already. any suggestions for him?

JRS Landscaping
12-29-2007, 01:15 PM
start advertising that he cuts lawns and dont try and stael the other companys accounts.

echeandia
12-29-2007, 03:17 PM
...maybe 30 houses that would take a 21" about an hour to mow...

I love statements like this. Your trying to tell us that your 15 year old brother can cut the lawn for a single family home in less than 2 minutes with a 21" push mower. I want to see that!

RedSox4Life
12-29-2007, 03:20 PM
Your trying to tell us that your 15 year old brother can cut the lawn for a single family home in less than 2 minutes with a 21" push mower.
Or he meant they'd take an hour each...

echeandia
12-29-2007, 03:26 PM
Or he meant they'd take an hour each...

It could be but it's not what he wrote.

shane mapes
12-29-2007, 03:47 PM
I love statements like this. Your trying to tell us that your 15 year old brother can cut the lawn for a single family home in less than 2 minutes with a 21" push mower. I want to see that!

that comment is pretty childish.. anyway let your mother know that's how this type of work is . if he can do a good job on the lawns without service providers , then he will start to get the other guys stuff or they can work in the same development and both make $$$

LushGreenLawn
12-29-2007, 06:13 PM
Mabye you could see if the local LCO neds help? He probrably would not let him run a mower at 15, but might let him help with cleanups, ect.

A lot easier that dealing with taxes and everything at 15.

wburks
12-29-2007, 08:28 PM
I seen Is His message about 1 hour

lsu03
12-29-2007, 11:21 PM
so sorry. each lawn would take an hour...:hammerhead:

lifetree
12-29-2007, 11:38 PM

What he means by his statement is that it takes about an hour to mow each of the 30 lawns with a 21" mower !!

topsites
12-29-2007, 11:50 PM
so sorry. each lawn would take an hour...:hammerhead:

Don't let them sweat you over that man LOL

As for your brother, without tilting the scales all I can say is either he's ready or he's not.

lsu03
12-29-2007, 11:53 PM
what do you means topsites?

topsites
12-29-2007, 11:59 PM
What I mean is, I can not tell you what your brother should do, yes or no is out of my hands... It is something I am learning is to give advice but only to the point where the cards fall into place on their own, so yes or no, what it boils down to.

I can not say yes, if he goes for it then it backfires I catch it in return...
If I say no and that turns out to be wrong then I still catch it.
If I happen to be right that would be great, but I just don't know.
It's all that crap about what goes around comes around,
if I give advice and then it does not work out, I pay for that some kind of way, yes sir, for sure.

It's a little bit like someone wants to jump in a pool but... but...
Well don't ask me, either jump in or don't lol.

So, either he is ready to do this, or he's not.
All right, I'll expand, hopefully it is ok like this:
It's his thing, hence he has to know, yes or no.

In business, waffling doesn't work, see, yes or no.
Come on now, make up your mind, if he's young he's likely not used to that, but that's the thing, he has to make this choice.

How do I explain it?
Ok, sometimes you will run into this in life, you can ask but you're not getting the answer, see?
That just means you have to make the choice, might as well start now.
Sure, it is ok to take your time with it, first few times around.
But hurry up and yay or nay before march, say.

topsites
12-30-2007, 12:13 AM
Here's more:

Your mom already said she doesn't want this.
If I say go for it then who does the blame fall on?
Uh,huh...

But you were right to tell me this, because had you hidden this fact and I had said go for it then it would've been your doo-doo.

Now the ball is in my court, this is proper.
But I pass the ball back to your brother, ultimately this is his play.
He has to decide, yes or no.

'k I got it, that's what it means:
If I say either he's ready or he's not, so long he can't reach a decision he's not ready.
Either answer is acceptable, yes or no but he has to decide, we can't do it for him.

lsu03
12-30-2007, 01:01 AM
nice........

lsu03
02-09-2008, 06:55 PM
he has decided to go far it this year since he is not running track this year.