PDA

View Full Version : 04 GMC Sierra Tune-up?

gobblet
12-29-2007, 07:20 PM
I was wondering if I should get a tune-up. Besides Air filter,tranny oil and reg. oil changes this is all that I have had done. It has 34,000 miles.

KTM
12-29-2007, 08:05 PM
They say that you dont need to do a tune up until they have a hundred thousand had a 2000 Tahoe and did the tune up at 80k still ran great but the spark plug gap was wider than specs at 80k I do remember the plugs and wires were expensive

Jason Rose
12-29-2007, 08:23 PM
Probably wouldn't hurt to have a "driveline service" done. Changing out the front and rear diff. lube and the transfer case (assuming it's a 4x4) Though I'm not sure if that's to be done yet or closer to 50K miles...

You can look at the GMC website, somewhere on there they have a whole gauntlet of maintnance stuff you can do, and at what miles, though a lot of it seems really unnecessary.

I have a 2000 GMC Sierra Z-71, and it finally has about 77,000 miles on it, lol. I've kept up on most of the "suggested" maintenance items pretty well, but I thnik this winter I may do plugs and wires (which is a bit different on these trucks than the older ones!) And I'd also like to buy a preformance chip/programmer for it. They don't do a lot for gasser engines overall, but I want to put larger tires on it and a lift kit pretty soon, so I need the ability to change the speedo for the tires and also may need to change the shift pattern for the tires.