PDA

View Full Version : need help with leaf loader

lawnman456
12-29-2007, 07:28 PM
i was using my truck loader today and one of my fins on the Impeller broke and i need to buy a new one or try to get it welded. my question is how do you take the Impeller off. do you have to get a puller or is there some other trick?

i have a giant vac 10 or 12 hp tailgate mount.

thanks in advance for the hel

AmsoilPower
12-29-2007, 07:35 PM
It will be bolted on the end of the crank. You will probably need a puller, especially if it has been on for a long time. Or you can just try to beat it off the old fashioned way with some heat and a hammer. Reinstall w/ anti-seize for future removal.

Ridin' Around
12-29-2007, 08:05 PM
If you do pull it and have it welded, be aware that there is a balance factor in play. If they put a bunch of weld on one side this thing may shake it's way back off and cause crankshaft or other damage. If you go to a good welding/machine shop they should be able to balance it for you. If you go to a shop that does drive shafts they should be able to balance this also.

lawnman456
12-29-2007, 11:08 PM
i was going to buy a new one. crack is pretty bad

bigmower1
01-03-2008, 02:05 PM
I would buy a new impeller because it is critical that the balance be perfect and the spot welded will probably be a weak spot and may not hold. also the way I get something like that off is I use an air impact chisel with the point and put it on the shaft and pulse it a few times and while doing it pulling on the fan. It should come off and if not, maybe you can use a puller, but i think the air chisel will do it. Maybe heat it up a little if necessary but not too hot.