PDA

View Full Version : Amsoil EA Air Filter Video Clips

AmsoilPower
12-30-2007, 06:35 PM
Click on the link to discover the Amsoil EA air filters w/ the exclusive Nanofiber technology. EA air filters remove 5 times more dust than the tradional cellulose filters. Amsoil EA air filters have a unmatched 4 year/100,000 mile guarantee. :weightlifter:

http://www.amsoil.com/video/company/EaFilters/index.aspx

backhoe1
12-30-2007, 07:15 PM
I'm waiting for them to make gasoline, that way I'll never haveto fill up again!

grassmanak
12-30-2007, 08:17 PM
i put amsoil sythetic oil in a new car i had bought, it was suppose to be the best stuff, yada yada, 2 weeks later i had an intercooler full of oil and turbo was spittin oil like crazy. It had seeped right through the piston seals and destroyed them. Thanks god the dealer was nice enough to fix it for me. I will never try anything like this again.

Ridin' Around
12-30-2007, 09:25 PM
i put amsoil sythetic oil in a new car i had bought, it was suppose to be the best stuff, yada yada, 2 weeks later i had an intercooler full of oil and turbo was spittin oil like crazy. It had seeped right through the piston seals and destroyed them. Thanks god the dealer was nice enough to fix it for me. I will never try anything like this again.

What's a piston seal?:confused:

carcrz
12-31-2007, 09:26 AM
It's an air filter guys. Pretty easy to check if it's not filtering properly. Just take it out & wipe a finger inside the tube to check for contamination. I have this filter myself & it seemed ok, just ok. I noticed a small performance gain - mainly sound though. It doesn't clean (for maintenance) as easily as they say it will. I think they said to use a vacuum, but the only thing that's going to get is the leaves & other large things in the filter. But, when it all comes down to it, the filter wasn't all that much more than the Wix one so I guess I would probably get it again. It was better built than any of the other filters I have used. The others typically start getting warped after checking them a time or two at oil changes.

grassmanak
12-31-2007, 12:01 PM
What's a piston seal?:confused:

piston ring

Landrus2
12-31-2007, 03:41 PM
what did amsoil had to say

carcrz
01-01-2008, 10:50 AM
What kind of mileage expectancy should I be seeing w/ highway driving? I got a little less than 20K out of this first one & that was primariy highway miles w/ the boat or equipment trailer behind me this time.

AmsoilPower
01-01-2008, 11:57 AM
What kind of mileage expectancy should I be seeing w/ highway driving? I got a little less than 20K out of this first one & that was primariy highway miles w/ the boat or equipment trailer behind me this time.

Are you still using the current filter? Does your filter appear dirty? You should be able to go another 60-80K out of it. Highway miles only towards the higher end, but if around dirt alot I would say less. Are you using Amsoil in your truck? I would be curious to know if you are getting any more MPG using the combination of the oil and air filter. Throwing in tranny fluid would maximize you MPG.

carcrz
01-01-2008, 10:09 PM
Are you still using the current filter? Does your filter appear dirty? You should be able to go another 60-80K out of it. Highway miles only towards the higher end, but if around dirt a lot I would say less. Are you using Amsoil in your truck? I would be curious to know if you are getting any more MPG using the combination of the oil and air filter. Throwing in tranny fluid would maximize you MPG.

Still using the EA. It currently looks very dirty & the gauge is sitting right @ where it has too much restriction. I noticed that after I put it on, when I am pulling a trailer or boat, the engine temps are a few degrees cooler. I've had it on since June so I can't be exact on #'s.

As for the mileage, I didn't really notice a significant change; maybe an extra mile to the gallon, but hard to tell since the weather & road conditions are rarely the same here. The most noticeable change was in the sound though. As soon as I put in the Amsoil the engine sounded almost quieter than the day it drove off the lot. It was quite obvious that the engine didn't need to work as hard to produce the same amount of power.

I am using Amsoil air filter, front & rear differentials, & oil. The dealer does the tranny fluid changes because Dodge is notorious for fighting tranny failure claims. The diff fluid seems to stay cleaner longer than the valvoline/Dodge fluid. The oil still gets black from the soot as soon as the truck starts, but doesn't even start to get thick until after 12K - this was a big +.

carcrz
01-01-2008, 10:11 PM
Forgot to mention, I didn't notice a change in mpg w/ the addition of the ea air filter, only lower engine temp w/ it.