PDA

View Full Version : help w/ leaf removale price

flxinxj
12-30-2007, 06:38 PM
This is my first time pricing leaf removal. I would like some input on pricing. property is in easton MD. Its for a friend but I still need to make a profit. The property is 2acres with moderate trees so the ground is covered with leaves. I have 2 Back pack blowers and a 48 w/b that i can get a leaf catcher for it. 6x16 landscape trailer. The land fill is $12.50 a ton only 6miles from property. Me and 1 or 2 helpers I figure 2 will mack it faster. Thanks any help would be great.

flxinxj
12-30-2007, 07:01 PM
no one has anything that can help me

laird006
12-30-2007, 07:07 PM
figure your hours and how much you need to make per hour+ dump fees.

flxinxj
12-30-2007, 07:19 PM
4 hr, 2 man, fuel and dump fee $385

jrush
12-30-2007, 09:03 PM
I always price fall clean ups high, it's hard to judge when your looking at leaves spread out over 2 acres, they pile up quick when you start blowing. I'd def be up around 500 easy.

flxinxj
12-31-2007, 10:37 AM
Thanks that makes me feal alot beter.

grasscutter845
12-31-2007, 09:39 PM
Think of what you want to make an hour, and how much you are going to pay ur guys. For myself as a solo operation i get 50 an hour for my self and i charge 25 an hr per guy. So if its me and 2 guys i get 100 an hour. So ur making money on ur workers.(Unless ur paying them 25 an hr) And then i add for removal.

Budget
01-01-2008, 09:36 AM
This is my first time pricing leaf removal. I would like some input on pricing. property is in easton MD. Its for a friend but I still need to make a profit. The property is 2acres with moderate trees so the ground is covered with leaves. I have 2 Back pack blowers and a 48 w/b that i can get a leaf catcher for it. 6x16 landscape trailer. The land fill is $12.50 a ton only 6miles from property. Me and 1 or 2 helpers I figure 2 will mack it faster. Thanks any help would be great.

How wet are they? It has rained here in SE. Pa. almost every other day. You might be better off using tarps to load then the WB. I would give a price for the clean up, and a price per trip to the dump. This might be a very good learning curve for you...:dizzy:......good luck..:clapping:

LawnScapers of Dayton
01-01-2008, 04:24 PM
give him an hourly rate.........wet leaves suck (read: SUCK)........they can double or triple the estimate time on a job...........as compared to dry leaves......

Derek

capetrees
01-01-2008, 04:47 PM
Do the job with the mower as much as you can. Give the client the hourly estimate and then tell them the dump fee is whatever is is. Wet leaves will kill your price as you'll be paying more to the dump. Let the client pay for that. 2 guys, 4 hours on 2 acres? My price, $320 then add the dump fee to the bill whatever it comes to AFTER you dump them.

Roger
01-01-2008, 07:42 PM
The leaves would have to be very thin to finish in four hours with two people off two acres. If they are that thin, then the debris should be able to be mulched down and left, with no haul-away. We don't know what "moderate" leaf cover means in your terms, but if the cover is consistent across all two acres, that could produce a major pile of debris to gather, dump, and haul.

I have never attempted to gather leaves from a property that large. But, smaller ones have produced leaves by the trailer load.

flxinxj
01-02-2008, 11:04 AM
thanks, You guys realy helped me out alot. The cove of leaves is not very thin at all. I am going to talk to the home owner today I hope. If I get the Job I will try and post befor and after pic. Thanks agen and I do think this may be a job that I will lern from which I think will be good.