PDA

View Full Version : This looks sweet anyone ever try one yet?

bigw
12-30-2007, 09:15 PM
http://www.hustlerturfequipment.com/Web-content/ProductPages/TSHydro/TSHydropdfs/TrimstarHydroBrochure.pdf

LAwnpro13
12-30-2007, 10:26 PM
Hustler makes high quality top of the line equipment. I have no experience with this model but based on the ones I have used I am sure this is first class. The price tag that is on it is probably top of the line too.

If you have the funds for Hustler, you can't go wrong with them, will last for ever without much other than normal maintenance and wear parts. I believe they ARE the best on the market, far better the that "X" brand everyone is so sold on. My Super Z and ATZ have never given me a single moment offrustration after 1000'2 of hours of service.

lifetree
12-30-2007, 10:37 PM
The Trimstar does look nice per the brochure, and hustler does make good equipment from everything I've heard ... unfortunately, I don't own one because of that "top of the line price tag" !!

bigw
12-30-2007, 11:41 PM
The Trimstar does look nice per the brochure, and hustler does make good equipment from everything I've heard ... unfortunately, I don't own one because of that "top of the line price tag" !!

I think that new H-bar steering system looks awsome!!

bigw
12-30-2007, 11:48 PM

flakebortch
12-31-2007, 12:22 AM
What does one of these things cost? Just the standard basic model? Ballpark.

bigw
12-31-2007, 12:26 AM
What does one of these things cost? Just the standard basic model? Ballpark.

I believe around 4700

racer56
12-31-2007, 12:29 AM
I ran one back to back against a Huskvarna, Toro(T bar),and Scag. At first I thought this is the ultimate wb but I confirmed a few thoughts with the dealer and bought a few standers. It has almost no forgiveness not to tear the turf if a zero turn is done. None of us could do it. The deck has swing mounts on the back but the front is a ridgid bar mounted to the deck with holes to adjust heoght but trouble is if you hit anything it will bend I would think. To take advantage of this machine you need a ride on unit fixed with caster wheels, at that point why not have a stander for less money more speed? You have to be a few steps ahead of this mower to be able to put the pressure on the bars to turn again another bummer.
All of them back to back if I had to have a wb and a wb only it would have been the toro(office lady even ran that one,ha).

Valk
12-31-2007, 12:42 AM
A Toro 36 tbar hydro wb with floating deck ~$5700

bigw
12-31-2007, 12:43 AM
I ran one back to back against a Huskvarna, Toro(T bar),and Scag. At first I thought this is the ultimate wb but I confirmed a few thoughts with the dealer and bought a few standers. It has almost no forgiveness not to tear the turf if a zero turn is done. None of us could do it. The deck has swing mounts on the back but the front is a ridgid bar mounted to the deck with holes to adjust heoght but trouble is if you hit anything it will bend I would think. To take advantage of this machine you need a ride on unit fixed with caster wheels, at that point why not have a stander for less money more speed? You have to be a few steps ahead of this mower to be able to put the pressure on the bars to turn again another bummer.
All of them back to back if I had to have a wb and a wb only it would have been the toro(office lady even ran that one,ha).

yeah i have no clue just thought it looked nice,i do admit my friend has a new toro t-bar and that handles awsome!!

LawnTamer
12-31-2007, 01:02 AM
I demoed one, I like it a lot, you have to slow down for turns, but it has great speed and agility, easy to learn.

I run T-bars, very fast, very durable and inexpensive. We use gear drives, but with the T-bar we get hydro efficiency.:cool2:

racer56
12-31-2007, 01:10 AM
Forgot to mention the Toro was a belt not hydro. Kind of bad when money not being a concern I would still pick a belt drive over all the hydros on the market. Maybe it's just due to my bad shoulder and not wanting the hydro working me over zero turning.

jhsmith4
12-31-2007, 09:08 AM
I purchased this unit back in June 07, and it is a awesome machine! I demoed a few other w/b's and nothing is even close to the ease of operation and comfort of the controls. I installed a Proslide on it and wow, you wouldn't believe the productivity of this unit! The paid $3900 plus tax for a 48" Hydro with 17hrs, have no regret at all! Good Luck!

mower&more1986
12-31-2007, 01:29 PM
I use a toro 40" belt drive walkbhind with a 22" toro walkbehind.
I have two reasons
1.The dealer is really not to far from to my house
2.Budget wont let me get a hydro yet.

But the main thing I wish i went with is a T-Bar
pistol grips hurt after a while and takes getting use too

freshprince94
01-01-2008, 12:34 PM
far better the that "X" brand everyone is so sold on.

don't be dissing exmark.

LAwnpro13
01-01-2008, 01:41 PM
don't be dissing exmark.

Not dissing....just MO:waving: