PDA

View Full Version : Need Opinions On Companys Name.

Pearl Valley Landscapes
01-01-2008, 04:39 PM
Hello, i am new to this industry and need the opinions of other people on who the name of my company is. PEARL VALLEY LANDSCAPES. We are trying to become a complete landscaping company.The other question is that, My name is Sean, Is it must that i put my last name on the business card, when i want to be know by Sean not my last name. Any help would be great.Thanks

capetrees
01-01-2008, 05:32 PM
How bad could your last name be? People will refer to you as Sean no matter what your last name is. The company name sounds ok so long as nobody else has the same name. On the card, just put Sean XXXX as proprietor. Clients will refer to you by whatever you want them to refer to you as. Wheres the fear or problem?

corbster
01-01-2008, 05:38 PM
don't if it's ...bin Laden

Pearl Valley Landscapes
01-01-2008, 07:14 PM
Nothing wrong with my last name, I'm only 19 so i did not know what to put on the business card. My question was "is your last name necessary on a business card?" i got the answer ,its really wont matter because people will always call you what u tell them to. so it would be like Sean Raja on the card .Thanks guys

corbster
01-01-2008, 07:58 PM
so it would be like Sean Raja on the card .Thanks guys

I have never seen a Bus. card that only had first names on it.

Pearl Valley Landscapes
01-01-2008, 09:12 PM
I have never seen a Bus. card that only had first names on it.
That's why i will have both my first and last name on the business card because it seems incomplete to just have your first name.

capetrees
01-01-2008, 09:18 PM
It also will take away the mystery of who "sean" is. Seems very fly by night. With a last name, they can find you in times of trouble. And of course, all other contacts are helpfull, business phone, email, website, cell phone possibly and address both physical and PO box.

Pearl Valley Landscapes
01-01-2008, 10:01 PM
It also will take away the mystery of who "sean" is. Seems very fly by night. With a last name, they can find you in times of trouble. And of course, all other contacts are help-full, business phone, email, website, cell phone possibly and address both physical and PO box.
Thanks you capetrees for the expert advice, you seem like a nice person. I will add NAME, PHONE ,FAX ,EMAIL, WEBSITE (in the process of completing it) ADDRESS as well as all MAJOR SERVICES we provide. I might me wrong but i think professionalism is very important in business, It might not always win you a job but it will definitely set you apart from your competition.