PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think of this flyer?

cman3899
01-01-2008, 08:42 PM
I am starting a lawn care business and put this flyer together, any suggestions on how to make it better? Sorry the text may be fuzzy but it is a publisher file and won't let me upload it as one, so I had to change the format. The text below the pic is the services I offer.

Thanks

cman3899
01-01-2008, 08:43 PM
nevermind it turned out fine

BCFLawnLandscape
01-01-2008, 09:07 PM
is this a lawn that you cut???? What do you cut it with??? I would at least have put in a striped out lawn. The rest of it looks ok. Make your contact info bigger!!

PerfectEarth
01-01-2008, 09:11 PM
Ditch the brand name logos.

Pflat1
01-01-2008, 09:18 PM
Ditch the brand name logos.

exactly , unless they pay u for the ad. The customer has no idea who they r anyway

cman3899
01-01-2008, 09:22 PM
here are some changes

rjgolfer
01-01-2008, 09:25 PM
Looks good except I would us a picture that has better stripping.
Just curious why did you decide to get into this business??

cman3899
01-01-2008, 09:28 PM
I'm a firefighter and as some know we aren't at the top of the pay scale. I used to mow quite a few years ago, and like outdoor work.

rjgolfer
01-01-2008, 09:30 PM
Good luck to you!!! I grew up in do da and went to WSU....but live in KC now. I just semi retired as a CFO last fall and plan on doing mowing here next spring. Bought new equipment and ready to go.

CNYScapes
01-01-2008, 09:33 PM
You need a call to action, such as "$10.00 off for new customers by March 1" or give them something for free to hire you, even if it is minimal. Free edging with mulch install or something.

Whitey4
01-01-2008, 09:35 PM
The customers don't care what equipment you run. The customers don't care that you are "looking for new customers". Why advertise that you are new? Is that a selling point? Get rid of the "soon to offer" stuff too. Most people will think you will do apps. Wait until you are talking to them to explain the whole apps thing. No need to turn them off up front. Are flower beds the only thing you will mulch? too specific. Same for the power washing. Would you power wash a deck, or a stockade fence? Or siding? Not picking on you, but you need to look at this like a potential customer, not as an LCO.

Only say things that the customer cares about. How about buying a cheap pH meter and doing free pH tests? "Avoid unecessary lime applications and save money..." Maybe have an introductory discount on spring cleanups.

Striping... interesting subject. People in my area don't seem to like it. They want a uniform look. Then, that may be because properties here are pretty small... all at or under 0.2 acres (with some few bigger exceptions) and striping looses some asthetic appeal on small front lawns.

cman3899
01-01-2008, 09:48 PM
sorry cnyscapes, I pretty much copied exactly what you said, but hey, they are damn good ideas!! Here is one last draft

cman3899
01-01-2008, 10:04 PM
thanks whitey and cnyscapes for the input, I think I have something I can work with now

smcunningham
01-02-2008, 12:10 AM
get rid of newest lawn company ...just my .o2

grassnazi1
01-02-2008, 07:52 AM
I agree, drop the looking for new customers bit. I like the call to action you added, but with anything you ever read in marketing... it will tell you to ANSWER the customers NEEDS. Which still needs to be done. At the top of the flyer, I would write in some kind of "catch phrase" like.... "Take Back Your Weekends" or "Dont Be Chained To Your Lawn This Year" something....anything.... to catch there interest and make them read the rest of your flyer. Just my two cents as well. Hope it helps.

AI Inc
01-02-2008, 08:09 AM
Definatly get rid of looking for new customers , you sent them a flyer , they already know your looking for new customers.

echeandia
01-02-2008, 09:19 AM
I would drop the free edging. Edging should always be done on a mulch install.

EJD Lawnpride
01-02-2008, 10:45 AM
Do you have any customers now? If you already do I would give them a referral incentive and give them a few cards.

Wells
01-02-2008, 04:51 PM
Here is my 2 cents;
I think it needs alot of work, nothing on your current flyer makes me want to give you a call.
Here's a few ideas that should help you design something more reader friendly.

1. You need a headline, something to grab the readers attention and to give that person a reason to keep reading on. Use power words in your headline and try to make it memorable, something they will think about even after they put the flyer down.

2. A stunning photo grabs attention, creates a mood and tells your story. The image you use is a focal point of the flyer and should draw the readers in, the photos you are using are kind of fuzzy and drab.

3. Spend time on your wording, put yourself in your clients shoes and ask yourself "what's in it for me" and then design your flyer around that.

4. Bump up the size of your services, make sure readers know what your selling and possibly put them in a different color to make them stand out even more.

5. Your "call to action" specials should stand out more, try increasing their size and color or possibly put them in a text box or as a coupon.

6. Scale down your logo and move it to either the bottom or one of the top corners, your company logo is important to you but a potential client doesn't really care to see your oversized logo taking up the majority of the flyer. Use the extra room to provide the readers with more benefits of your service.

I hope you take this as constructive criticism rather then cruel comments, I really think these items will improve your flyer drastically and will provide you with a higher rate of return.