PDA

View Full Version : Post Cards or Door Hangers

echeandia
01-02-2008, 10:03 AM
Last year I put out door hangers and had some success with them. This year I am considering mailing out 4 x 6 post cards this year. I was wondering if I should expect any difference in the response I get.

packey
01-02-2008, 01:53 PM
You will statisticly get fewer results from the mailers. They look nice but most will get thrown away with the junk mail. For the best reults for the money go with door hanger

pricejs
01-02-2008, 02:58 PM
When leaving business cards at homes, I get better results when I write on the back
"$25 for this yard" or something similar.

dave k
01-02-2008, 08:00 PM
I have seen posts on Sticky note pad type advertising, but darn if I can find them again, anybody seen the threads on this? I would like to order some this winter, would also like to see some that are already made that has had success, anyone that can help me out is appreciated.
Dave

echeandia
01-02-2008, 08:50 PM
You will statisticly get fewer results from the mailers. They look nice but most will get thrown away with the junk mail. For the best reults for the money go with door hanger

Did you try mailers?

Lawn-Sharks
01-02-2008, 09:09 PM
I havnt had no luck i put out 200 door flyers in november and only recieved 1 phone call. it was from the post master some how one of my flyers got into a mail box? i dont know how but he called reaming my azz said that was a no! no!

packey
01-02-2008, 09:11 PM
I have tried mailers numerous times for both lawn and church. The response has always been the same meager at best. The stats i mention come from studies that have been done. I agree with them because I have seen the same results time in and time out. What is even more shocking is that Newspaper adds seem to be the worst expenditure of money. The best is word of mouth. I can't speak for T.V. or radio because I have not had enough contact with them. But for my money I will create my own door hangers have them profesionaly printed and go hang them myself or hire neighbor hood kids to go hang them. For a few pennys a piece this is the best and cheapest thing i have ever done regardles of whether it was for a church, non profit group or business.

Office depot uesd to offer custom printed sticky notes. they seem like they could work if you can get larger ones. stick them on the door on a car on a business window or wherever.