PDA

View Full Version : airbags

bobcatnj
01-02-2008, 06:47 PM
thinking about putting air bags on my 2004 f250. they will be used mostly for towing and carrying salt in the winter. any type of brands you recomend?pros/cons? are they easy to install?

Gravel Rat
01-02-2008, 08:10 PM
I would personally go with Timbren Rubber springs they are cheap and maintenance free. Once you install them you forget about them untill you put a load in the truck.

I don't like bags they are too rigid and will damage the frame. Plus the fact when a bag blows the truck drops suddenly and can cause you to get in a accident.

If you want bags go with Ride Rites (Firestone).

Evans Lawn Service
01-02-2008, 10:00 PM
if you want to look for air bags look in trucking magazine or street trucks magazines i have been in minitrucking all my life (have a 92 ranger with 4 link and air bags) pm me and i will tell you what or where to get the setup

SimonCX
01-02-2008, 10:18 PM
I looked into the same thing a month ago and ended up going with timbrens. The ride is stiffer then without them but none of the headaches with the hoses, less that can go wrong. I ordered them at truckspring.com for $203 they were the cheapest I could find and came in 3 days. Install was about 30mins, no drilling just bolt up.

john_incircuit
01-03-2008, 10:50 AM
I have the blue Firestone "in the springs" airbags. Don't like them too much, one or the other bag are always leaking some air.

bobcatnj
01-03-2008, 11:24 AM
i ordered the timbrens today. i'll let you know what happens

RedWingsDet
01-03-2008, 02:28 PM
I have Firestone airbags in the rear. In the summer with my trailer and insert I have them at 75psi, in the winter with about 800lbs of salt in the back I have them at 45psi.

They are great, and very easy to install, took about 25min per side. If your hauling alot of weight, they are the only way to go. I think they ran me a little over $260 from TruckSpring.com
The only think I would get in addition, is the compressor.