PDA

View Full Version : aged fixtures anyone?

Mike M
01-02-2008, 09:34 PM
Would really appreciate it if anyone has images of aged, in the field, brass, bronze, and copper bullets to compare.

I keep reading about the nice aesthetic appearance, but I don't see a lot of pics... Curious if the copper has a nice or acceptible appearance, as nice as the brass, etc.

Tanks,

Mike

JoeyD
01-03-2008, 10:36 AM
I will dig some up!!

Mike M
01-03-2008, 12:00 PM
Go for it Joe!

irrig8r
01-03-2008, 06:01 PM
I will dig some up!!

I don't think he wants to see them after they've been buried Joey, just normal use... right Mike?

JoeyD
01-03-2008, 06:07 PM
Ahhhhhhh..........well there goes that idea. I asked my marketing guy to email me some pics. He is rather slow sometimes so I may not get them up today......I will keep digging!!

JoeyD
01-03-2008, 07:30 PM
This is a picture of 2 Pulsars. One new and one that has been in the ground for about a year give or take. We just replaced the thumb screw so dont pay any attention to that. Those water marks will clean up to leave a nice patina look.
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb97/ulsjoeyd/BrassFinish.jpg

So this is going to sound pretty lame, but I do have some good photos of weathered copper but i cannot find out how to export them from my product program. I will work on this.

Mike M
01-03-2008, 07:34 PM
That's great, Joe, thanks. Love to see some old copper, and some even older brass.

JoeyD
01-03-2008, 07:46 PM
I have them I just have to find a way to get them out of this program.

Mike M
01-03-2008, 08:02 PM
Which program? Can you try the obvious, go to file, save, and then specify format?

That's what I have to do with my nikon pic's on Picture Perfect.

JoeyD
01-04-2008, 10:35 AM
The program I have is actually an internal operation program. The photos I am pulling up are out of our RMA program that we had created to track all of our returns. Everytime someone calls up and needs to make a return for warranty r replacement we take photos and document all the information. We then meet at the end of the week to discus the returns to make sure we are not seeing some sort of a trend that we need to get on top of. So this program even thought it is Windows compatible is not a microsft written program so it isnt as easy to just right click the phtoo and move it or save it. I can email them but I am having trouble moving them around my PC. I will figure it out, and if I have to go out and take more pictures I will. I still need to film my demo kit for you guys as well.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
01-04-2008, 11:26 AM
The program I have is actually an internal operation program. The photos I am pulling up are out of our RMA program that we had created to track all of our returns. Everytime someone calls up and needs to make a return for warranty r replacement we take photos and document all the information. We then meet at the end of the week to discus the returns to make sure we are not seeing some sort of a trend that we need to get on top of. So this program even thought it is Windows compatible is not a microsft written program so it isnt as easy to just right click the phtoo and move it or save it. I can email them but I am having trouble moving them around my PC. I will figure it out, and if I have to go out and take more pictures I will. I still need to film my demo kit for you guys as well.

Joey, find out if you have a 'screen capture' software there. Your marketing / ad production guys will know. It is part of CorelDraw X3 suite for instance. Then you simply push one of your Function buttons on your keyboard and anything that is on your screen is captured and converted into a .jpg file. It is really easy and quite cool.

JoeyD
01-04-2008, 12:15 PM
Joey, find out if you have a 'screen capture' software there. Your marketing / ad production guys will know. It is part of CorelDraw X3 suite for instance. Then you simply push one of your Function buttons on your keyboard and anything that is on your screen is captured and converted into a .jpg file. It is really easy and quite cool.

Thanks James, I will go and try to do this now!

Mike M
01-07-2008, 06:44 PM
images? anyone?

JoeyD
01-08-2008, 12:46 PM
Here you go Mike. Here are 3 different copper Illuminator 6 tops that have aged naturally in the landscape. I am not sure of the time frame they aged in or what part of the country they came from.

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb97/ulsjoeyd/DSCN0014.jpg

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb97/ulsjoeyd/DSCN5818.jpg

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb97/ulsjoeyd/DSCN2505.jpg

Mike M
01-08-2008, 08:16 PM
Great Joe, thanks!