PDA

View Full Version : New toy on campus

MarcSmith
01-03-2008, 02:38 PM
John deere 320, pick up broom and sweepster rotary broom. enclosed cab, ac/ heat....woo hoo...

it will go well with my 6 year old series II

I have forks, smooth bucket, grapple bucket, and a second rotary broom.

Swampy
01-03-2008, 03:07 PM
Nice.

I'm guessing you got a lot of sidewalks to clear down there.

MarcSmith
01-03-2008, 03:20 PM
enough. this unit replaces the 20 year gehl we just sold... the rotary brooms are great with the light snow we get. and the grapple bucked is nice for loading debris into dumspters

this will be my first pickup broom. I have been hammering for a dedicated sweeper/vac unit for years http://www.madvac.com/content/cn100_parking_lot_sweeper.php but I can't ever get enough $$$ or support to buy one. so I am hoping this will fill a niche for curb cleaning, ect and maybe show the powers that be, a compact sweeper would be a good idea...

Stillwater
01-03-2008, 04:58 PM
Oh Deere,,,,,, Nice

MarcSmith
01-03-2008, 06:32 PM
i shoudl hold a john deere photoshoot. two skidies, one 15 year old back hoe, one 30 year old tractor and a half dozen 10 year old gators.....

packey
01-03-2008, 11:12 PM
nice have fun

jimslawns
01-03-2008, 11:16 PM
I just picked up a 320 as well, like it so far.

Stillwater
01-04-2008, 01:25 AM

Are you SERIOUS? You are one strong guy !

MarcSmith
01-04-2008, 06:52 AM

have much time on it....It feels real similar to the series 2 I have...Can you flip your wheels to make it narrower? I know i was able to do it on the series 2 I haven't been able to mess with the 320 yet to see...I like the narrow stance so I can swueez between bollards and such so I can move around campus...

ICT Bill
01-04-2008, 10:53 AM
Marc
Where is the chipper attachment for it? Do they even make one?

MarcSmith
01-04-2008, 11:11 AM
Quick attach makes chipper attachment, but I don't really think thats the best use for a skid loader....I think we'd really need something dedicated. You know get the right tool for the job....

bobcat_ron
01-06-2008, 02:13 PM
What's the deal with the chains from the loader to the broom?

humble1
01-06-2008, 10:05 PM
nice!! a/c? cause it will get hot w/ enclosed cab dust from sweeper will require you to keep it closed

humble1
01-06-2008, 10:11 PM
hey who put that scratch on the side? lol

MarcSmith
01-07-2008, 07:15 AM
scratch...that would be me...Ive been the only one to drive it so far..:)

the chains are there to hold the pickup broom away from the bucket when you dump it.

so when you go to dump the unit the broom stays kinda of level and the bucket opens up from underneath hard to explain....but it works...

Its nice to be able to work snow and only be wearing kahki pants and a golf shirt...until you have to step outside the cab...

AUHort1990
01-08-2008, 01:58 PM
enough. this unit replaces the 20 year gehl we just sold... the rotary brooms are great with the light snow we get. and the grapple bucked is nice for loading debris into dumspters

this will be my first pickup broom. I have been hammering for a dedicated sweeper/vac unit for years http://www.madvac.com/content/cn100_parking_lot_sweeper.php but I can't ever get enough $$$ or support to buy one. so I am hoping this will fill a niche for curb cleaning, ect and maybe show the powers that be, a compact sweeper would be a good idea...

Marc,

How much is that madvac sweeper? I have been trying for a couple of years to get a new tenant sweeper but to no avail.

MarcSmith
01-08-2008, 03:38 PM
60K on up. we demoed one it was so nice. ac radio, hydro dump, high enough to dump directly into a low boy 20 yd dumpster, 3000 psi pressure washer and 100 gallon water tank...

the tenant are running around 30K but they are just sweepers, not vacs.

ther is another unit, the nilfisk drool......but simlar prices...
http://www.nilfisk-advance.com/Products/FloorCleaning-Maintenance/RoadSweepers/RoadSweepers/RS850/RS850/Introduction.aspx

Accu-cut Lawn Care
01-08-2008, 04:05 PM
I've run a lot of sweeper vacs(american lincoln)... and sweeper scrubber vacs(tennant)... and vacs(tennant). I'd say that for sidewalk and curb cleaning of litter and leaves, tennant vacs are the most versatile. American lincoln sweepers work well in flat or constant grade applications. The tennant sweeper scrubber cleaner vacs(lol) didn't do a very good job at all. Outright pressure washing is much easier and more thorough. I bet the am lincolns would do a very good job on light snow. Maybe you guys should try and get one of those for sidewalk duty. They are much less cumbersome than skidsteer sweepers and won't mark up the ground every time you steer. Seems like using that to clean sidewalks will cost you a lot of maintenance in the future. Plus, they are a lot less expensive then that Dr Suess looking sweeper sprayer contraption shown above.

MarcSmith
01-08-2008, 07:21 PM
teh skid loaders primary duty is snow removal. we use a rotary broom, and with the sidewalks snow/wet/icy, the tires won't leave marks. Secondary we use the loader for loading stuff into dumpsters and for moving soil, ect.

So to drop 26K on base skid loader(which I had to to do, emergency plans call for two skid loaders), and another 5 on a rotary broom. I was able to get the pickup broom as an extra for another 6k I'll never take the pickup broom with the curb atachment on sidewalks, it would eat up the bricks. its better suited for road use. and as pickup broom attachments go for skidloaders, they all pretty much look the same... a broom that sweep debris into a bucket...Worsk pretty good. it will save my guys a bunch of time from hand sweeping curb after events and such...

We have a tennat litter hawk for light litter and such for sidewalks and patio areas....the biggest POS ever tennant ever concieved. which was a suprise since their products are usually pretty high grade... Its about 8 years old with maybe a hundred hours on the clock.....its for sale if youre interested....$1000 bucks takes it.....heck the desiel motor is probably worth that...

Accu-cut Lawn Care
01-09-2008, 12:10 PM
lol. You can keep that litterhawk. Did you test that machine before it was bought? Even if you did, those Tennant Sales Reps are pretty slick, aren't they?! They suckered the City of Chat into buying the sweeper scrubber...which is garbage.

MarcSmith
01-09-2008, 12:43 PM
litter hawk was bought about ten years ago. pre-me my boss was well aware of its capabilities, but the higher ups seem to think its a street sweeper... Either way....POS....and when you tell the higher ups that their thinking is screwed up, it falls on deaf ears...or the blame game starts

AUHort1990
01-09-2008, 01:24 PM
lol. You can keep that litterhawk. Did you test that machine before it was bought? Even if you did, those Tennant Sales Reps are pretty slick, aren't they?! They suckered the City of Chat into buying the sweeper scrubber...which is garbage.

Well thats good to know about the sweeper scrubber. We were at one time thinking about getting one. We have an old tennant sweeper that does pretty good but its falling apart. The new one we wanted to get before it got the axe was just a sweeper but I think it would have done pretty good...still it was around 45-50K. At least that's what my boss told me.