PDA

View Full Version : Hustler Z 60" Demo!- Did it!

sheppard
10-18-2001, 05:31 PM
Here is the skinny- cannot find a single big thing to complain about! The only thing ( and this is stretching it) is the air filter is hard to get to and clean regularly. Took me 2 minutes to get it off (I am not mechanically inclined anyway). I've demo'd the Snapper 52 inch, Husky 60 inch ZTR, Chopper 60, Wright Stander 52. It is a no brainer that the Hustler is head and shoulders above the rest. Even a mechanically challenged man like me can see someone had their head screwed on right when they desighned this thing. It is easy to get at everything. No regular greasing! (Planning on throwing my grease gun away!)

Cordially,
Sheppard

AztlanLC
10-20-2001, 12:09 AM
HOW MUCH DID YOU PAY FOR IT?

sheppard
10-20-2001, 05:53 AM
The distributor said they are going for around $8,500.00. Said suggested retail was about $9700.00

Will get a third party company to finance it.

Cordially,
Sheppard

Bunton Guy
10-20-2001, 08:34 AM
Same mower in charlotte ~~ 7,200 I demoed it at the first part of the season I love the fludder valve on it. It makes it IMPOSSIBLE to make those annoying doughnuts when turning. You can throw the sticks from 10 MPH foward to 6MPH backwards and it will not leave a mark on your grass..but my local dealership does not carry them I am loyal to them and my next rider will be a Dane.

Bunton Guy
10-20-2001, 08:34 AM
Same mower in charlotte ~~ 7,500 I demoed it at the first part of the season I love the fludder valve on it. It makes it IMPOSSIBLE to make those annoying doughnuts when turning. You can throw the sticks from 10 MPH foward to 6MPH backwards and it will not leave a mark on your grass..but my local dealership does not carry them I am loyal to them and my next rider will be a Dane.

rodney
10-21-2001, 07:38 AM
bunton guy good luck with your next rider .you will need it .if its a dane.

Richard Martin
10-21-2001, 12:01 PM
sheppard wrote:
It is a no brainer that the Hustler is head and shoulders above the rest.

Be careful making this statement! The last guy who said that here at LawnSite really regrets buying the mower that he did.

See: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?threadid=9126

He later posted a thread in which he said he was very dissatisfied with the dealer and the mower.

John DiMartino
10-21-2001, 07:31 PM
After demoing a Super Z and owning a Dixie,I agree with Sheppard,the Hustler is just a superior manchine,much better engineering,from the intergrated brakes,the strong deck,to the heavy duty frame with wheel motors that are over the contact patch,not inside of it about 10",to the wiring harness,which is automotive grade,not a generic,cheap harness with 4 or 5 scotchlocks put on it as needed for safetys,and warning buzzers.